DeAndre Jordan is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

I hope he proves all the doubters wrong, thanks for the link.

He will.

Lol you’re so positive when LakersFilm room and other are not.

I will stay positive until proven that it does not work. What he did previously (good or bad) has no bearing and nobody knows how it will pan out. Zero risk in the move.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

I will stay positive until proven that it does not work. What he did previously (good or bad) has no bearing and nobody knows how it will pan out. Zero risk in the move.

I get staying positive but you’re making guarantees. Right now I’m listening to the radio and a former GM is talking about all the negatives I’ve pointed out about DJ. I’m trying to stay positive but how do you do that knowing what I know about DJ?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

I get staying positive but you’re making guarantees. Right now I’m listening to the radio and a former GM is talking about all the negatives I’ve pointed out about DJ. I’m trying to stay positive but how do you do that knowing what I know about DJ?

I really do not care what the various mouthpieces say (there are those who say his signing is a good move for us as well). I am just looking at what he can do vs. what we need him to do. The bar is set low for him and I think he has a chip on his shoulder. I gave my take (not a guarantee) that he will do well just like you say he will not. What the mouthpieces, you, or I say means dick as the proof will be in the pudding soon enough. I just think his signing is as good as it gets for this point in time and I have not seen anyone provide a better (and realistic) alternative.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

I really do not care what the various mouthpieces say (there are those who say his signing is a good move for us as well). I am just looking at what he can do vs. what we need him to do. The bar is set low for him and I think he has a chip on his shoulder. I gave my take (not a guarantee) that he will do well just like you say he will not. What the mouthpieces, you, or I say means dick as the proof will be in the pudding soon enough. I just think his signing is as good as it gets for this point in time and I have not seen anyone provide a better (and realistic) alternative.

Link me to a knowledgeable person saying this is a good signing.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

C if it's to add depth at center
D if it's to replace Gasol

But honestly, I don't care, Pelika still had an amazing summer, A+
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Vogel, Pelinka and AD unless u don’t consider them knowledgeable…..being honest….same guys that signed Gasol.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Vogel, Pelinka and AD unless u don’t consider them knowledgeable…..being honest….same guys that signed Gasol.

Link me to Vogel saying he asked for DJ.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Car do u actually think Rob and Frank didn’t speak and agree to this? Not only did they they more than likely included Bron and AD and even Russ in the talks. No way u believe Rob acted alone
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

It does not matter what anyone says. Time will tell. We all get it. You do not like the signing. It has been beaten up like a red headed step child. No disrespect, but I am letting it go.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have agreed to trade Marc Gasol, a 2024 second-round pick and cash to the Grizzlies for the draft rights to Wang Zhelin, sources tell ESPN. Deal saves Lakers $10M. Gasol and Grizzlies will work together on waiver and release to allow him to remain in Spain w/ family.

Yes..Woj….Gasol out of here!!!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

You said knowledgeable people like it so link me to these people.

It does not matter what anyone says. Time will tell. We all get it. You do not like the signing. It has been beaten up like a red headed step child. No disrespect, but I am letting it go.

Link me to these knowledgeable people you speak of.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Lakers have agreed to trade Marc Gasol, a 2024 second-round pick and cash to the Grizzlies for the draft rights to Wang Zhelin, sources tell ESPN. Deal saves Lakers $10M. Gasol and Grizzlies will work together on waiver and release to allow him to remain in Spain w/ family.

Yes..Woj….Gasol out of here!!!!!

savings 10m... makes sense, they did just spend a (bleep) ton of money
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

And now they dump Gasol….u still don’t think the FO, coaching staff wasn’t on board? Gasol is gone and that’s all that matters to me
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

And now they dump Gasol….u still don’t think the FO, coaching staff wasn’t on board? Gasol is gone and that’s all that matters to me

Gasol getting traded doesn’t mean the coaching staff asked for DJ. Stop creating narratives and link me
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Gasol getting traded doesn’t mean the coaching staff asked for DJ. Stop creating narratives and link me

Creating narratives? Okay you’re right Pelinka got DJ and forced him on Frank….and Frank will retaliate and not play him….wow if this is what u believe I’m sorry.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hashtaglakerpod/status/1436380467385798663?s=21
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Creating narratives? Okay you’re right Pelinka got DJ and forced him on Frank….and Frank will retaliate and not play him….wow if this is what u believe I’m sorry.

There you go creating narratives again. You think the Lakers front office cared about what Frank preferred when going after Westbrook? No we didn’t even have a coach when AD was agreed on. So no I doubt he needed Frank’s approval for the 14th player.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Please stop with the long quote chains! Thanks.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

There you go creating narratives again. You think the Lakers front office cared about what Frank preferred when going after Westbrook? No we didn’t even have a coach when AD was agreed on. So no I doubt he needed Frank’s approval for the 14th player.

That’s your favorite line “creating narratives”. Just being real and common sense….it’s a team effort in the FO….Rob, Frank, klutch, Bron and AD….that’s been reported. You can look it up yourself. Not doing your homework. In the meantime the Lakers chose DJ over Gasol and you have to deal with that yourself. Despite how much u hate DJ….the Lakers chose him over Gasol in which they believed didn’t have anything in the tank. And neither did any other NBA team as he’s headed to Spain.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

Gasol wanted to stay in Spain. Lakers wanted to get faster. Jeanie wanted to shave dollars if possible.

In the end, this move will prove to be a good one. Just play like Javale.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Gasol wanted to stay in Spain. Lakers wanted to get faster. Jeanie wanted to shave dollars if possible.

In the end, this move will prove to be a good one. Just play like Javale.

Exactly!!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

That’s your favorite line “creating narratives”. Just being real and common sense….it’s a team effort in the FO….Rob, Frank, klutch, Bron and AD….that’s been reported. You can look it up yourself. Not doing your homework. In the meantime the Lakers chose DJ over Gasol and you have to deal with that yourself. Despite how much u hate DJ….the Lakers chose him over Gasol in which they believed didn’t have anything in the tank. And neither did any other NBA team as he’s headed to Spain.

There you go again making things up. I don’t see any quotes from Lebron AD Frank wanting DJ. And the word is Marc didn’t want to come back but let you tell it lol
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Gasol had no intention of reporting to the Lakers for the new season. The Lakers did the right thing moving him and signing a replacement center.

Quote:
After the tumult of the Orlando bubble in 2020 and the COVID-19 restrictions of the 2020-2021 season, Gasol made a decision to remain with his family in Spain for the start of the 2021-2022 season, sources said.

ESPN
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

DJ said that the “main horses” on the lakers recruited him and wanted him on the team. That’s Lebron and Westbrook too along with AD. But y’all wanna just blame AD. All of them gonna get praise or catch heat if this experiment doesn’t work starting with the Westbrook trade.

Team effort to get DJ
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

There you go again making things up. I don’t see any quotes from Lebron AD Frank wanting DJ. And the word is Marc didn’t want to come back but let you tell it lol

Look at my last post it was a team effort to get DJ… DEAL WITH IT!!! DEAL WITH IT……they wanted the washed up DJ…..DEAL WITH IT!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19
Jump to: