DeAndre Jordan is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Not too excited about the D. Jordan signing. But I underestimated the McGee signing our championship year. So what do I know.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
I’m watching the presser seems like a good guy with a sense of humor. Hopefully we don’t drop Marc and hopefully DJ can give us a hard 10
Mins

That's what I'd like to see as well.

That said; welcome to the Lakers DeAndre Jordan.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Geeter said AD ‘thanked’ Rob while walking past him before the DeAndre Jordan press conference today.

Take that how you want as far as the Lakers C min distribution this year.

AD will play limited minutes at center and most likely will end close games at the 5.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Not too excited about the D. Jordan signing. But I underestimated the McGee signing our championship year. So what do I know.

I’m in the same boat, except I underestimated Dwight. So maybe DJ is this year’s 2019-20 Dwight.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RG73 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Presser is going on right now, PLEASE for the love of Kobe announce Marc is waived and Ennis is signed!

Yes!!! Please!!!!! Dwight and DJ did not come here to share time with Gasol…..AD yes …….Gasol hell no!! And we need Ennis

Yes, please trade our 41% 3 point shooting stretch 5 who makes only $2 million per year.

You have zero information on why Dwight and DJ came here. For all you know they were told they'd each be playing 1 quarter at the 5 and sharing the time with the other 3 centers.

I fail to understand the Gasol hate. He has a very useful skill set for this team. But yes, adding a pretty middling SF to the roster will make all the difference in the world. Never mind that some large fraction of posters here will proceed to crap all over Ennis if he is singed, even in the face of data that he's doing a good job. Just another day on LG....

Lmao….he took 2 three pointers a game. Don’t need fat, out of shape, stiffs that can’t move their feet…you like him great….we’ll see how the FO feels soon.

Gasol doesn't block the addition of Ennis, $8m does.
Oh and Bobby Portis took 2.4, Jokic took 3.3 to Gasol's 2.3 and these guys are well-accepted stretch bigs. Anyways I recognize facts, evidence and logic are not going to have much impact where hate holds sway so I will leave it at that.
I sure hope the Lakers either retain Gasol, or if they let him go they only do so because they're adding a *better* stretch big.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Do you think Gasol is going to want to stick around after watching the Lakers sign Jordan? I don't think so. I think he will ask the Lakers to waive him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Do you think Gasol is going to want to stick around after watching the Lakers sign Jordan? I don't think so. I think he will ask the Lakers to waive him.

Very possible….he’s no where to be seen. Dwight is constantly posting his workouts….DJ was at the Lakers facilities with a bunch of the young guns THT, Monk, Nunn, Collison was there too. One thing for sure if Gasol comes back he better be in shape….not like last year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I hope he proves all the doubters wrong, thanks for the link.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
32 wrote:

Very possible….he’s no where to be seen. Dwight is constantly posting his workouts….DJ was at the Lakers facilities with a bunch of the young guns THT, Monk, Nunn, Collison was there too. One thing for sure if Gasol comes back he better be in shape….not like last year.

I believe the most likely reasoning is that Gasol always planned to play just one year with the Lakers and expects this year's salary as deferred compensation. His brother moved from LA back to Spain. No real reason to stay. If he really was going to play, he's an asset at the minimum.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1436125204175065088?s=21

Quote:
Report: DeAndre Jordan told those around him he didn’t come to Nets to be ‘Jarrett Allen’s backup’

So he’ll be ok to be Dwight’s back up right? Unless for some reason he thinks he’s starting here…
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:
Report: DeAndre Jordan told those around him he didn’t come to Nets to be ‘Jarrett Allen’s backup’

So he’ll be ok to be Dwight’s back up right? Unless for some reason he thinks he’s starting here…

One thing for sure the Lakers wanted Dwight back and signed him immediately when FA began…now they pursued DJ….with reports that AD will play some center….so where does that leave Gasol? They’re not going to play 4 centers IMO.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Technically Lakers had 4 centers too last season with AD, Drummond, Gasol, Harrell.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

I doubt it matters to him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Technically Lakers had 4 centers too last season with AD, Drummond, Gasol, Harrell.

Yeah but AD missed more than half the season and when he came back either Gasol or Trez were getting DNP’s. I don’t see see Dwight and Jordan signing here for DNP’s.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Lmao

Quote:

[Schiffer] DeAndre Jordan went to Kenny Aktinson, Jacque Vaughn and Steve Nash (before the Harden trade) and demanded to start over Jarrett Allen. Brooklyn supposedly never expressed interest in signing the 1x All-Star, but felt like they had to, according to Jake Fischer.

Also funny to read all the Nets fans saying how great it was when Nash finally benched him for good and how glad they are he’s gone.

Obviously it’s possible DAJ was just dogging it on a lottery team like the Nets. Hooefully, much like with Drummond, Vogel will restore him to his glory days.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lmao
Quote:

[Schiffer] DeAndre Jordan went to Kenny Aktinson, Jacque Vaughn and Steve Nash (before the Harden trade) and demanded to start over Jarrett Allen. Brooklyn supposedly never expressed interest in signing the 1x All-Star, but felt like they had to, according to Jake Fischer.

It’s an Athletic article, paywall boo!

Found the Reddit version though.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:37 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

On the bright side, if the Lakers do waive Gasol, the overall age of the roster will go down, and we'll rid ourselves of an old guy who can't keep up with Showtime.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
32 wrote:

On the bright side, if the Lakers do waive Gasol, the overall age of the roster will go down, and we'll rid ourselves of an old guy who can't keep up with Showtime.

Be careful of what you ask for. There’s people out there with tremendous Basketball knowledge who said yesterday the same things I’ve been saying about DJ. He’s not better than Marc and is poor defender. I’m hoping for the best but it’s hard to go against what you already know.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Yeah but AD missed more than half the season and when he came back either Gasol or Trez were getting DNP’s. I don’t see see Dwight and Jordan signing here for DNP’s.

Which players signed in LA for DNPs?

They all want to play and contribute. They all will need to sacrifice playing time or roles. This includes the players returning too.

This is going to be another year of trying to work out chemistry.

As for Jordan, I’m hoping he can be a difference maker but am not expecting it. Lakers are loaded with players with really cool highlight videos of career success, just remains to be seen if that is who actually shows up this season.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I don't know. All I will say is that any player that cares more about minutes than winning a championship should leave the Lakers. Now if that player is under contract the Lakers shouldn't just accommodate that player's desire just to be nice guys, the Lakers ought to get something out of it too e.g. a buyout with a discount or a trade for an asset.
I have no idea if Gasol is such a player, we will just have to wait and see.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

My guess is DJ will be the starting center with Dwight continuing to star in his role off the bench.

Rob really has done a masterful job reshaping this roster with limited assets.

I love the fact that the Lakers are back to being a big and physical team that has the ability to straight bully and punk just about every other team in the league.

This season is going to be so much fun.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

The question mark here, of course, is Gasol’s future. There’s an increasing reality in which he does not return to the Lakers this season, potentially moving Howard to a starting role or, the preferable outcome for Los Angeles, Davis starting at center. It’s unclear when the Gasol situation will be resolved, but training camp is only three weeks away.

From the Athletic Jovan Buha
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

He will.

Lol you’re so positive when LakersFilm room and other are not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19
Jump to: