Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1082, 1083, 1084 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

if i he can grab 20 and 10 i'll be surprised

dude's not even top 15 anymore
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:

Yeah, I heard he had Klutch tell the Lakers not to sign anymore big men because he was worried he'd lose his starting job in the pre-season. He might have had a historic level Playoff run less then a year ago and currently is right in his prime but he's so overrated.. amiright?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:

I don't see him grabbing 10 rebs on this Lakers team.
But I see him getting more than 20.
You must be in the camp that believes he won't be healthy, cuz healthy AD is top 7.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

Yeah, I heard he had Klutch tell the Lakers not to sign anymore big men because he was worried he'd lose his starting job in the pre-season. He might have had a historic level Playoff run less then a year ago and currently is right in his prime but he's so overrated.. amiright?

He didn’t have a historic playoff run. Come on man, did you ever watch Shaq in the playoffs?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

He didn’t have a historic playoff run. Come on man, did you ever watch Shaq in the playoffs?

I'm not saying it was the greatest Playoff run ever just a historically great one.. Not sure any other bigs in history can claim his overall statlines....

28ppg
nearly 60% overall shooting
40% from 3
80+% FT
10 rebounds
3.5 assists
a steal & 1.5 blocks

all while playing some of the best inside and out anchoring defense i've ever seen. any other big matches those numbers on a Championship team and i'll say the same thing about them.

Was he better then Shaq? Absolutely not, I still consider Prime 3peat Shaq the most dominant player i've ever seen in NBA history.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Eric Pincus:

Per an NBA source familiar with some of the Lakers' struggles through the 2020-21 campaign, Davis felt some frustration that he wasn't getting the kind of looks in the post with Dennis Schroder running the point compared to those he received with Rondo a year earlier.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947953-why-the-los-angeles-lakers-needed-another-veteran-point-guard-in-rajon-rondo

Schroder only passed ONE LOB to AD during that whole season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Eric Pincus:

Per an NBA source familiar with some of the Lakers' struggles through the 2020-21 campaign, Davis felt some frustration that he wasn't getting the kind of looks in the post with Dennis Schroder running the point compared to those he received with Rondo a year earlier.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947953-why-the-los-angeles-lakers-needed-another-veteran-point-guard-in-rajon-rondo

and when healthy we were still dominant.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Eric Pincus:

and when healthy we were still dominant.

I mean, Rondo is a savant at passing and actually looks for AD almost every time.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

wow, didn't know about this (from Emplay article). Vogel gotta be able to scheme the ball to AD's hand better

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Shouldn’t the PG concern be with Westbrook’s lobs? Which should benefit AD.

Is there some reality where Rondo starts or even gets significant mpg with Davis? Maybe a couple mins of overlap or certain matchup ups due to matchups or injuries.

Am I missing the role expected by Rondo? I see bench PG, maybe 10 mpg? Even multiple DNP-CDs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
wow, didn't know about this (from Emplay article). Vogel gotta be able to scheme the ball to AD's hand better

That is why you don’t build a team around a player like AD.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Is there some reality where Rondo starts or even gets significant mpg with Davis? Maybe a couple mins of overlap or certain matchup ups due to matchups or injuries.

Am I missing the role expected by Rondo? I see bench PG, maybe 10 mpg? Even multiple DNP-CDs.

Rondo probably will be 2001 Ron Harper.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Said no GM, ever.

More like this is why you don’t make DS a starting point guard—said every GM in the NBA this year.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

So Rondo coaching Russ on how to get AD the ball in his preferred spots is not a thing?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Yawn.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

Deleted. Misread the post. jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

as others have already touched on. i think AD's Achilles was injured during our championship run and was never quite right last season? regardless, he was still very effective. i bet many GMs saw what schroeder couldn't see... LOB AD THE FRICKEN BALL!!!!

i mean, if you think you are a starting PG and you don't understand that you have arguably the best big man on your team. FEED HIM! not a good look for dennis. and judging by his current paltry contract, others noticed as well.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

So Rondo coaching Russ on how to get AD the ball in his preferred spots is not a thing?

Not sure I understand the question. Rondo “coaching” nuances in practice will help multiple players.

But WB is a pretty good passer already. And the starting PG expected to play 32+ mpg. In a perfect world, Davis should also be playing about 32 mpg.

Not seeing a lot of actual Rondo / Davis overlap. I am also expecting Nunn to get the most consistent backup PG mins instead of Rondo.

Going to be interesting to see if I am way off in my speculation and Rondo plays significantly more mpg then I think or if he will be content coaching in practice and minimal mpg on a nightly basis.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Semantics, but I think it just means you need another dominant player who can get his on his own. You're building around both players at that point.

As a big, I believe you should get as many easy looks as possible. Unfortunately, Dennis didn't help in that respect. @FDB, I think Westbrook will be great for AD. Not just in regards to lobs, but moreso in drop offs when RW pulls a secondary defender.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

if AD given the ball at his sweet spots, the result is championship... it... hasn't... even... been... a... year...!!! but welcome back tho
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Semantics, but I think it just means you need another dominant player who can get his on his own. You're building around both players at that point.

As a big, I believe you should get as many easy looks as possible. Unfortunately, Dennis didn't help in that respect. @FDB, I think Westbrook will be great for AD. Not just in regards to lobs, but moreso in drop offs when RW pulls a secondary defender.

You need a player who can create offense for AD. He isn’t Jokic who can create for himself and others. That is why AD is a good fit with Lebron and hopefully Westbrook. AD can be one of the guys but not the guy.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

You need a player who can create offense for AD. He isn’t Jokic who can create for himself and others. That is why AD is a good fit with Lebron and hopefully Westbrook. AD can be one of the guys but not the guy.

I have no issues with that statement.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject:

It isn’t an insult, i would have said the same thing about Shaq. And he is one of my favorites ever.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Yes. Being THE guy is a title reserved for a select few, and one of the main criteria is being consistently great. Good thing for us is when AD is on, he's ON
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

Let’s compare AD to the more versatile championship bigs, he’s up there with these guys:
Dirk
KG
Giannis

Can you also not build with them as a center piece?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1082, 1083, 1084 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1083 of 1425
Jump to: