KENT BAZEMORE Officially Back Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Again, moving away from LG posters. Kent Bazemore reviews in 2020 and 2021:

2021:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/19/warriors-report-cards-kent-bazemore-a-great-teammate-who-may-not-be-a-long-term-fit/

"During the season, he helped lineups click into place, shooting a career-high 40.8% from 3-point range and playing relentless defense. On April 10, he replaced Kelly Oubre Jr. in the starting lineup for his final 17 games, slotting in at guard next to Stephen Curry."

2020:
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2020/4/20/21228465/kings-progress-report-kent-bazemore-trade-portland-trail-blazers-trade

In sum:
Physical guard, does gamble, plays aggressive. Can be foul prone.

Put another way, I'm not sensing any sort of washed up theme.

Ok.

I swear I do not remember Baze doing anything remarkable but my bad Baze.

If Coach Kerr is choosing to start him over LG fave "Ouuuubreee"...that says lot.

Well Oubre was injured to close out the season.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

From warriors reddit:

“He (Baze) was great value for the contract, really wouldn't mind bringing him back. Sure he was foul happy and made some dumb plays (plus the f’n anti-vax stuff), but he'd also get hot every once in a while and win us games. What more can you ask of a vet min? With all the injuries, it sucks we ended up having to lean on him heavy (especially as a starter down the stretch), but still, he was good for a min. Even more-so if he was in that 8-10th man role.

If they do end up bringing him back on a multi-year contract, I guess the non-Bird (2.8m) would be solid (vet min is obviously the best case scenario). Wouldn't be a fan of a multi-year MLE deal, even if it's just partial, cause I personally don't think Bazemore is a player worth tying up a chunk of the MLE for. I'd certainly take Baze over another Wanamaker type situation.”
—————————————————————-—————————————————
“Bazemore would be fine if he was just coming off the bench and playing 15 minutes a night as an energy guy. Him being a starter due to injuries made his mistakes very glaring.”
——————————————————————————————————————-
“If Baze is coming back on a minimum salary and being asked to do less, it's a plus for the Dubs. The guy has his flaws (particularly with fouling) but shoots well and can definitely be a rotation guy for a contender.”
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Kenny ... time to BLAZE those nets!!

Counting on you hitting 100 3's this yr!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
From warriors reddit:

“He (Baze) was great value for the contract, really wouldn't mind bringing him back. Sure he was foul happy and made some dumb plays (plus the f’n anti-vax stuff), but he'd also get hot every once in a while and win us games. What more can you ask of a vet min? With all the injuries, it sucks we ended up having to lean on him heavy (especially as a starter down the stretch), but still, he was good for a min. Even more-so if he was in that 8-10th man role.

If they do end up bringing him back on a multi-year contract, I guess the non-Bird (2.8m) would be solid (vet min is obviously the best case scenario). Wouldn't be a fan of a multi-year MLE deal, even if it's just partial, cause I personally don't think Bazemore is a player worth tying up a chunk of the MLE for. I'd certainly take Baze over another Wanamaker type situation.”
“Bazemore would be fine if he was just coming off the bench and playing 15 minutes a night as an energy guy. Him being a starter due to injuries made his mistakes very glaring.”
“If Baze is coming back on a minimum salary and being asked to do less, it's a plus for the Dubs. The guy has his flaws (particularly with fouling) but shoots well and can definitely be a rotation guy for a contender.”

Yea, saw the foul trouble issue in the other articles. Apparently he likes to play physical.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Again, moving away from LG posters. Kent Bazemore reviews in 2020 and 2021:

2021:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/19/warriors-report-cards-kent-bazemore-a-great-teammate-who-may-not-be-a-long-term-fit/

"During the season, he helped lineups click into place, shooting a career-high 40.8% from 3-point range and playing relentless defense. On April 10, he replaced Kelly Oubre Jr. in the starting lineup for his final 17 games, slotting in at guard next to Stephen Curry."

2020:
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2020/4/20/21228465/kings-progress-report-kent-bazemore-trade-portland-trail-blazers-trade

In sum:
Physical guard, does gamble, plays aggressive. Can be foul prone.

Put another way, I'm not sensing any sort of washed up theme.

Ok.

I swear I do not remember Baze doing anything remarkable but my bad Baze.

If Coach Kerr is choosing to start him over LG fave "Ouuuubreee"...that says lot.

Well Oubre was injured to close out the season.

Gotcha.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject:

He’s just not a 3&D guy… He can actually put the ball on the floor and attack the basket. I felt like that was lacking from our 3&D guys last year. KCP/Matthews/Mac/Kuz
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

Blaze more!!!!!!!
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

Camp fodder?

This blows me
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Btw- when is 32 considered old? If anything he’s at the back end of his prime. He is an upgrade or at worst lateral move for everyone we got rid of
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

Welcome back Baze. Lakers got another ex-Lakers back. Baze can shoot the 3 and defend. We're gonna be a bit long in the tooth but if the damn injury bug gives us a break I see us in the finals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
Camp fodder?

This blows me

Actually probably our best signing so far. He plays both ends of the floor. Will probably be able to do a little of what KCP did in terms of give you quality D and hitting threes. Good in transition, as well.

We will likely ask him to do a little less offensively, just wait for LeBron/Russ setups. Good value signing at the vet min. And he can play in the post season with a steady role, whereas everyone else we signed will likely have spot duty come playoffs.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to seeing what an experienced Baze brings. Welcome back!
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@RyanWardLA

Carmelo Anthony (3pm) and Kent Bazemore (2:30pm) will be introduced by the Lakers tomorrow.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm. I wonder if Baze couldn't make the Friday presser. Or if the Lakers see him as a vital piece.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

He’s probably a starter and a closer. Take over KCP’s role.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
He’s probably a starter and a closer. Take over KCP’s role.

That's what I envision.
I was hoping we got him. And glad we did.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
From warriors reddit:

Yea, saw the foul trouble issue in the other articles. Apparently he likes to play physical.

Biggest issue was him having a tendency to foul three point shooters from the Warrior games I saw last season.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
From warriors reddit:

Biggest issue was him having a tendency to foul three point shooters from the Warrior games I saw last season.

Hopefully Vogel can fix that... Or we have 2 other guys that can easily take over the job.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

He anti-vax?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kent Bazemore says Frank Vogel and Rob Pelinka brought some "amazing energy" while pitching him on signing with the Lakers.

Quote:
Bazemore says Frank Vogel already expressed to him that all minutes will be earned and he’s looking forward to the everyday grind.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Kent Bazemore says Frank Vogel and Rob Pelinka brought some "amazing energy" while pitching him on signing with the Lakers.

Quote:
Bazemore says Frank Vogel already expressed to him that all minutes will be earned and he’s looking forward to the everyday grind.

I love it.
I think Rob and Frank learned their lesson from last season.
We're not giving you minutes.
It's gonna be earned. And I love that our signings are on board with that.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I felt like there was a real need for me here...they needed that pit bull defensively and that's something I hang my hat on." @24Bazemore talks with
@Mike_Bresnahan on his decision to join the #LakeShow.

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
"I felt like there was a real need for me here...they needed that pit bull defensively and that's something I hang my hat on." @24Bazemore talks with
@Mike_Bresnahan on his decision to join the #LakeShow.

I appreciate you posting that quote. I've observed Baze from afar and he's stayed true to what got him into the league: defense. I couldn't help but envision what might be our best defensive lineups. Baze is always in there somewhere.

Imagine when coach decides to put Russ, Baze, Ariza, LeBron & AD on the court together. Primarily for defensive purposes, but it'll be fun to watch in stretches.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject:

Nice to read that defensive attitude. One of the concerns with the team will be that we lost a lot of those defensive minded players. Baze, Dwight and Ariza may be three players that just come in and go all out on D.

But it starts at the top. Like 19-20, AD and Bron need to come in with a D first mindset. Same for Westbrook. Now your stars do that, everyone else follows. Last year neither came in with that mindset (understandable considering the layoff was so short and rushed no offseason continued season)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:48 am    Post subject:

I guess 32 is considered old by NBA standards, but he's definitely in a prime age. I'm not sure what that means for this team the Lakers have put together. I'm hopeful he can be productive in whatever role he plays.
It's a good signing for the team, all things considered.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: