In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Finally finished reading Jeff Pearlman three ring circus. Man, Kobe, just not a good person
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Finally finished reading Jeff Pearlman three ring circus. Man, Kobe, just not a good person
please elaborate
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

His portrayal in the book, dude was just a sadistic selfish dick, I had no idea. I mean back in the days, I read about Shaq and Kobe not getting along or how he guns and not passed but the behind the curtains, the stories from the other players, not good man, not good at all
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

His portrayal in the book, dude was just a sadistic selfish dick, I had no idea. I mean back in the days, I read about Shaq and Kobe not getting along or how he guns and not passed but the behind the curtains, the stories from the other players, not good man, not good at all

Is this really important for you to post this in this thread? Kobe has shown in so many instances what kind of good person he was with all the make a wish come through and many stories of good thing he had done for people. You didn’t have to be bring some author writing made up stories to sell book. Everyone knows if Kobe didn’t see you giving it all, he didn’t care too much for you. There are also so many stories from former teammates appreciating good things he has done for them and their family.
Let the man Rest In Peace
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

Is this really important for you to post this in this thread? Kobe has shown in so many instances what kind of good person he was with all the make a wish come through and many stories of good thing he had done for people. You didn’t have to be bring some author writing made up stories to sell book. Everyone knows if Kobe didn’t see you giving it all, he didn’t care too much for you. There are also so many stories from former teammates appreciating good things he has done for them and their family.

I guess not, just surprised when reading the book. Mod, feel free to delete
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Screw that.

Kobe slander should NOT be tolerated in this thread or anywhere on LG.

Let the man and his daughter Rest In Peace.

That’s some prick sh*t right there.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
la4win wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

So you read somebody's hit piece, you just take their word for it huh?? You don't ask any questions, look at anything in context, just chug the whole bottle of piss down, huh? Everybody isn't going to like you in this world. The ONLY athlete I have known of where there never a cross word spoken of him in life or death is Tony Gwynn. People loved that man. Vanessa got a whole village of people looking after her and her kids because of how much they loved Kobe. But oh... some hating ass journalist says Kobe was a meanie and now your whole view of him is shattered.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
governator wrote:
la4win wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

So you read somebody's hit piece, you just take their word for it huh?? You don't ask any questions, look at anything in context, just chug the whole bottle of piss down, huh? Everybody isn't going to like you in this world. The ONLY athlete I have known of where there never a cross word spoken of him in life or death is Tony Gwynn. People loved that man. Vanessa got a whole village of people looking after her and her kids because of how much they loved Kobe. But oh... some hating ass journalist says Kobe was a meanie and now your whole view of him is shattered.

How many countless years did we spend vigorously defending him against slanderous hateful vile they spewed his way throughout his entire career? I had enough of it then, and I simply will not tolerate it now with him gone. Period. And it surprises me quite honestly coming from a member here of 15 years with countless amounts of posts. They should know better.

Don’t bring that garbage to this thread, you will get called out
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

One of the last and THE LASTING imprint you left on our beloved Lakers is your insistence to Jeanie that Rob Pelinka should be our operations manager. You made sure the Lakers would be left in good hands. Thank you. Love you, Kob. #TheGreatestLakerOFallTIME

Kiss my Converse.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

THIS should be a basic video for all Lakers wannabes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

When he first entered the NBA, Kobe WAS self-involved, a little tone deaf as to how his brashness would be perceived. He wanted everything fast, but for Jeff Pearlman to focus on only his early years and present his book as some "A-ha!" revelation was disingenuous.

Kobe also LEARNED.
Kobe LISTENED to people like Jerry West and Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan.
Kobe GREW and EVOLVED as a person, as a husband, as a father and as an ambassador to the sport.
He looked back on his own career and talked about lessons he learned along the way.

He was coming into his prime as a giving and generous human being when he died. But the reverence and awe with which he is held by his fellow players and this up and coming generation speaks more to his character than any hit piece by Jeff Pearlman.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see how some of you were in your late teens/early 20s. I know I look back and I have a lot of regret and feel embarrassed for the person I was. Now imagine going through those same growing pains in the public spotlight. It's weird how people expect Kobe to act like a grown adult when he was a young buck still finding his way in the world.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
governator wrote:
la4win wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
governator wrote:
please elaborate

How many countless years did we spend vigorously defending him against slanderous hateful vile they spewed his way throughout his entire career? I had enough of it then, and I simply will not tolerate it now with him gone. Period. And it surprises me quite honestly coming from a member here of 15 years with countless amounts of posts. They should know better.

Don’t bring that garbage to this thread, you will get called out

I cannot stress enough that context and the whole story matters:

On social media, and in an author’s note included in the book, Pearlman pleads with readers not to interpret his work as an opportunistic takedown of Bryant’s legacy. “The Kobe Bryant of 1996 to 2004 is not the Kobe Bryant of 2005 to January 26, 2020,” Pearlman writes. “He was not then the contemplative adult who raved of having four daughters. He was not then the doting husband. He was not then the Academy Award winner. He was not yet comfortable in his own skin.”

This is stuff we KNEW about Kobe Bryant if you’ve been paying attention closely. He may have been self-centered and arrogant early on, but it’s the transformation into what he became is what he is lauded for. How many “meanie” athletes have we seen change like that? On a side note, I love MJ, but it’s baffling that his antics throughout his career is viewed in a different light to most.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Finally finished reading Jeff Pearlman

who the (bleep) is that?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
governator wrote:
Finally finished reading Jeff Pearlman

who the (bleep) is that?

Somebody made a thread about this new Lakers book couple months ago about the three-peat, I bought the book, had tons of Lakers coaches/players comment/experiences, didn’t read it til couple weeks ago. Once started I finished it in a day. Almost all the Lakers personnel comments, beside the talent and work ethic, were very negative. It really surprised me
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Nobody here gives a damn, man.

This is Lakersground, decades, the premier online location for Lakers news and content. One of the reasons why this place has been so attractive to Lakers fans is because we unify in our defense of our players. Those with adversarial opinions likely quickly realize that they were on the wrong online message board. And this right here, is the wrong thread for you to sh*t post in.

If you're someone who feels otherwise, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

There was an article on ESPN today about Kobe going to Rucker’s in 2002.
I remember when it happened even being on Lakersground ..... a thread on it.

Amazingly 19 years later still loved viewing that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Kobe documentary tonight.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/superstar-kobe-bryant-wednesday-109c-abc-79410393
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/superstar-kobe-bryant-wednesday-109c-abc-79410393

Starts now, y'all.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I literally saw a promo about it just now on Andrew Bernstein‘s Instagram. So I missed it on ABC but it looks like it’s also streaming on Hulu for folks who are interested.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
32 wrote:

I literally saw a promo about it just now on Andrew Bernstein‘s Instagram. So I missed it on ABC but it looks like it’s also streaming on Hulu for folks who are interested.

I caught the last 30 mins of the program, it was OK for something that was basically 43 minutes without commercials on network TV.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Already the 23rd over here. Watched some of the "aftermath" videos after a longer period of purposely evading anything Kobe related. Just had a feeling I had to watch them on the day that would have been another one of his birthdays. So now I'm sitting in my office and somebody apparently cut a truckload of onions.

I also noticed that one of my favourite mixes is online again. I must have watched it a hundred times, with the move on Ray Allen at 4:43 being my absolute favourite. Flawlessness.

Anyways. Happy birthday, Kobe. Thank you for always giving us your all. Never forgotten.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject:

Kobe would've been 43 today.

Happy birthday Black Mamba.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOBE

We'll always love you
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOBE

We'll always love you

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 147 of 162
Jump to: