Today’s fouls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
They should start calling those as offensive fouls...thats best way to end this mencace.

I think that's the right way to go.
The difficult part will be the refs trying to gauge the foul in real time.
Guys move so fast it's easy to miss.
Maybe they should start hitting guys with post game techs?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Plot twist.

Quote:
The league wants to limit ability of players - including crafty stars like James Harden, Luka Doncic and Trae Young - to lean backwards and sideways, for example - to initiate contact and get to the free throw line.

The NBA has shared a video compilation of player examples with the 30 teams that outlines a number of motions deemed unnatural that used to draw fouls. The NBA and Competition Committee will drill down on specific plays with the league's GM's next week to target examples that'll be recommended to owners to vote to eliminate next season, sources said.

There's growing belief that these many of these maneuvers are contributing to a game that's slanting too much of an advantage toward the offense. While the concentration of these issues is often focused on star players getting much more usage and exposure with the ball, the league sees this as a universal problem throughout lineups and rosters - not only an issue for star players.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31632458/nba-competition-committee-exploring-rule-changes-restrict-unnatural-jump-shot-motions-sources-say

Glad other feel the same as me. It’s getting out of hand.

It's a start. Next is to give some of the refs a brain.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-competition-committee-met-to-address-players-using-unnatural-shooting-motions-to-draw-fouls-per-report/

It's about damn time!!!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject:

Rules should be like verticality rule, offensive player should give the defensive player running space, he should not be allowed to just throw his body to the defensive player space. It's either an offensive or play-on.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-competition-committee-met-to-address-players-using-unnatural-shooting-motions-to-draw-fouls-per-report/

It's about damn time!!!

Exactly... referees in the nba are trending toward WWE levels
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today’s fouls

Lakerz113 wrote:
For the health of the game, not the lakers I’m sick of these type of plays.

1. Pump fake, launch into a defender that would have never hit you.

2. Running along side (lateral) to a defender and bumping into him.

3. Stopping mid dribble so the defender runs into your back.

4. Moving screens in general, but especially under the basket.

Some of this is tolerable but what ruins things is the players that do this stuff constantly, every chance they get, to hunt for fouls like CP3 and Harden, instead of playing basketball.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today’s fouls

ducasse wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
For the health of the game, not the lakers I’m sick of these type of plays.

1. Pump fake, launch into a defender that would have never hit you.

2. Running along side (lateral) to a defender and bumping into him.

3. Stopping mid dribble so the defender runs into your back.

4. Moving screens in general, but especially under the basket.

Some of this is tolerable but what ruins things is the players that do this stuff constantly, every chance they get, to hunt for fouls like CP3 and Harden, instead of playing basketball.

Add to that Trae Young and Devin Booker. I already complained about this during Suns vs Lakers. Booker singlehandly disabled Lakers defense because he will just bump to the defenders, he automatically got a foul to the point that Lakers is unable to Blitz him without fouling.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Next step is to lift the effective ban on post play so there is variety of attacks and a counter that allows teams to punish small lineups.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

The main issue is refs and their "criteria". One game they will let you wrestle and next game they will call little contact. If they were consistent with the calls it wouldn't look so bad

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
The main issue is refs and their "criteria". One game they will let you wrestle and next game they will call little contact. If they were consistent with the calls it wouldn't look so bad

I agree, but I think there are some obvious flaws that can be fixed. Maybe changing some of the language in the rule book will help the refs.

In the end the refs control the game, but some of these “non basketball” or “unnatural” plays should be eliminated.

Just like the catch rule in the NFL, the nba needs to dial back some of these calls.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

^Some?

The officiating in the NBA is terrible, despite the merciful retirements of most of the evil old guard.

When "officials" can't tell the difference between a true foul and obvious acting over and over again, something is very wrong.

I will leave it to you guys on how to fix it.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
^Some?

The officiating in the NBA is terrible, despite the merciful retirements of most of the evil old guard.

When "officials" can't tell the difference between a true foul and obvious acting over and over again, something is very wrong.

It’s never going to go back to what it was, especially how a little bump may cause Leonard to miss the rest of the season. There are some hard calls to make in live time, such as the “hook” move. At this point I’m not asking for everything to be let go, but let’s get these non basketball plays out of the game.

Watching the games today, Trey gets so many whistles that I don’t agree with.

Pg13 got one of his offensive push offs called this game, but I saw many more.

I would hate to be a defensive guard in today’s game, because I’m not sure what space the own on the floor.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
^Some?

It’s never going to go back to what it was, especially how a little bump may cause Leonard to miss the rest of the season. There are some hard calls to make in live time, such as the “hook” move. At this point I’m not asking for everything to be let go, but let’s get these non basketball plays out of the game.

Watching the games today, Trey gets so many whistles that I don’t agree with.

Pg13 got one of his offensive push offs called this game, but I saw many more.

I would hate to be a defensive guard in today’s game, because I’m not sure what space the own on the floor.

They pretty much own zero space tbh, especially if the player they are guarding is an "Officials Pet". The only time a defensive guard gets a little love is when it's an either blatantly obvious screen or a charge. Outside of that it's nearly impossible to gameplan too much because the refs are wildly inconsistent on what they call on top of the flopping.

Personally, I feel a great defensive unit shutting down an offense for stretches can be just as or more exciting then any great offense. I feel this way for Football as well which they also are making it more difficult to do but that's another entire discussion.

I get many casual fans want to see a great offense but in todays NBA if you're a great defensive team it doesn't really even matter much if you aren't also an elite top offensive team as well. There's so many players/teams I have zero interest in watching as a casual NBA fan outside of the Lakers and it's not just because I dislike the players it's because it's pathetic/fake/WWE esque tactics that suck the life out of any enjoyment of much of the games. TBF I don't like it when Laker players do it either even if it is less then some of the elite "actors" in todays NBA.

It doesn't have to go back to what it was like in the 80's or anything close to that just find a middle ground somewhere.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
https://streamable.com/91dd3i

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS!!!! This is what the likes of Vlade to Manu to Harden has gotten us to. This is the sort of ish that would get your ass beat at the park

LMAO - shoulda been an offensive foul there. He spreads his legs as he comes down attempting to cause contact with defensive player, then swings his hip/butt out to create even more.

Reggie Miller used to do that all the time, and kick his leg out. He actually kicked some players in the groin doing that.

Today, players exaggerate those old Reggie moves and aren't nearly as skilled as Reggie was in making most of them look like a real bump. These idiots contort themselves in ways that are comical and now a lot of them are awarded w/ fouls. You can't even be in the area where a guy is supposed to land w/o actually causing any contact at all. Players in Reggie's day didn't have that luxury.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
^Some?

The youngsters replacing the evil old guard turned out to be scab quality is all.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2184715

The NBA plans to move ahead with new rules for the 2021-22 season that would eliminate foul calls on non-basketball moves by offensive players, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Implementation is pending final discussion and approval from the NBA's competition committee and board of governors.

The competition committee met earlier in June to explore rule changes that would prevent players from using unnatural shooting motions to draw fouls. In recent years, NBA players have increasingly leaped into defenders to initiate contact and create free-throw opportunities.

Moving forward, the NBA will train its officials to identify these prevalent techniques:

A shooter launching or leaning into a defender at an abnormal angle
A shooter kicking his leg at an abnormal angle
An offensive player abruptly veering off his path into a defender
In games, officials will determine whether these actions warrant no-calls or offensive fouls.

The changes could debut as early as the Las Vegas Summer League in August.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Now NBA will gave the defenders the space they need. NBA will be better without those foul baiting moves. They will focus more in getting a bucket than trying to get in the FT line.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

The dribble while hooking the defenders arm to draw the foul needs to be called a hook.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
The dribble while hooking the defenders arm to draw the foul needs to be called a hook.

I think that will also be included. It's still invading the defender's space and they initiated the contact. And it is a non basketball move.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: The NBA is expected to implement new rules to limit non-basketball moves that would result in an offensive foul or no-call beginning next season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

I think that will also be included. It's still invading the defender's space and they initiated the contact. And it is a non basketball move.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: The NBA is expected to implement new rules to limit non-basketball moves that would result in an offensive foul or no-call beginning next season.

Do they mean like intentionally running into someone/lowering your shoulder into them, only for them to get the foul called on them?

aka Harden's entire offensive game.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Do they mean like intentionally running into someone/lowering your shoulder into them, only for them to get the foul called on them?

aka Harden's entire offensive game.

This will limit Trae Young, Booker, Luka, Harden, Lillard, Curry offensive game. Defenders can now close out strong without worrying they will get a foul in the process.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Look at this, Jrue didnt even try to recover on young because he knew that young will just bump into him if he recovers and will get a foul while shooting 3.

With the new rule, Jrue will have the confidence to recover without worrying of a possible foul.

This rule will definitely be a game changer.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject:

-Fouls with kick outs when the shooter initiates contact.
-Fouls called after the shot.
-Physical players not getting calls (Zion) because of their strength and power.
-I think its time to move the 3 point line back a couple of feet. Obviously it can not be done in the corner.
Bravefellow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 am    Post subject:

Hmm… would these changes make Kuz an elite defender? He could play more aggressively and not worry about fouling after he bites on every single fake.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject:

Bravefellow wrote:
Hmm… would these changes make Kuz an elite defender? He could play more aggressively and not worry about fouling after he bites on every single fake.

Classic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: