Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Seager does Urias no favors in that inning, and they score a run.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

McKinstry feels like a better hitter than Kike.

I think we also lose Taylor next year. He’s a starting caliber player in this league.

Someone is going to pay him starter money. He should be a starting SS for some team next year.

Quote:
But Taylor’s time in LA may not be for much longer. He’s a free agent after this season, and come November, he might be among the departed since the Dodgers will likely need to prioritize guys like Corey Seager, Clayton Kershaw, and, if they feel like it, Kenley Jansen and Corey Knebel, depending on how they perform in 2021.

Taylor’s been a rock solid versatile bench option ever since coming over from the Seattle Mariners in 2016, but we’d be willing to bet Andrew Friedman probably won’t be paying Taylor — especially if he has another productive year — big money as he enters his age-31 campaign.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I was holding my breath for sure when Nelson came in, but he got out of the 6th inning jam. Then got Soto to sharply hit into a double play to end the 7th. Still think he's pretty iffy in the early going, for sure.

Beaty struck out in a PH appearance in the 8th, and he's now 0-for-6 with 4 K's. Just hasn't looked the same since 2019. I know it's not easy to pinch hit, but he has to show something soon or the Dodgers have to be considering sending him down. It's not like he was a touted prospect or anything, and kind of came onto the scene in 2019 unexpectedly.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
McKinstry feels like a better hitter than Kike.

I think we also lose Taylor next year. He’s a starting caliber player in this league.

Someone is going to pay him starter money. He should be a starting SS for some team next year.

Quote:
But Taylor’s time in LA may not be for much longer. He’s a free agent after this season, and come November, he might be among the departed since the Dodgers will likely need to prioritize guys like Corey Seager, Clayton Kershaw, and, if they feel like it, Kenley Jansen and Corey Knebel, depending on how they perform in 2021.

Taylor’s been a rock solid versatile bench option ever since coming over from the Seattle Mariners in 2016, but we’d be willing to bet Andrew Friedman probably won’t be paying Taylor — especially if he has another productive year — big money as he enters his age-31 campaign.

I'm not so sure. I don't think we retain Seager, so there could be an opening for a starter in the infield for Taylor. Perhaps Lux moves to SS and Taylor plays at the keystone, along with the ability to play the outfield too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers are 7-2. That’s the best record in MLB.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I'm not so sure. I don't think we retain Seager, so there could be an opening for a starter in the infield for Taylor. Perhaps Lux moves to SS and Taylor plays at the keystone, along with the ability to play the outfield too.

That is possible, but only if that is plan A.

Unfortunately I think that’s plan B.

I think plan A is to try and re-sign Seager or one of the big name free agent SS.

I don’t think Taylor’s going to stick around and wait for our plan A to fall through.

He’s probably plan A for some other team and I think he’ll take that.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

^ that was my thought too. I’m really hoping we can re-sign Seager, Im just not sure how likely this front office giving him a $350M contract is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ that was my thought too. I’m really hoping we can re-sign Seager, Im just not sure how likely this front office giving him a $350M contract is.

Yeah I think they wait him out to see how his market develops. If he’s not getting crazy offers they’ll swoop in.

Friedman’s always been extremely patient in the offseason.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Lux’s numbers are dropping pretty badly now. They need to stop moving him around in the order, especially hitting leadoff.

McKinstry’s doing well and they still have him at the bottom of the order. It feels like they are just force feeding us Lux right now.

He really shouldn’t have been given the everyday starting job. Taylor should be playing everyday.

———————

Looks like Kershaw’s consistently 89-90 today.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers turning back the clock: Kershaw with 6 shutout and Kenley making it look easy with the most movement & velocity I've seen on his cutter in seasons
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lux’s numbers are dropping pretty badly now. They need to stop moving him around in the order, especially hitting leadoff.

McKinstry’s doing well and they still have him at the bottom of the order. It feels like they are just force feeding us Lux right now.

He really shouldn’t have been given the everyday starting job. Taylor should be playing everyday.

———————

Looks like Kershaw’s consistently 89-90 today.

He consistently hit 92 when he wanted to as well.

Looked very sharp..slider was filthy and fastball command was very good. I turned the game off when Jansen came in the 9th I’m guessing it went well.

McKinstry once again delivers. Had all 3 ribbies including a huge 2 run jack in the 7th.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I must concur with Cutheon. That's the most lively ball Jansen has thrown in at least 2 years. I had the Dodger game on my computer while I had the Masters tournament on my TV.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Dodgers turning back the clock: Kershaw with 6 shutout and Kenley making it look easy with the most movement & velocity I've seen on his cutter in seasons

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Wow never seen a team maneuver their starting rotation this early in the season:

Quote:
Dodgers set rotation for Rockies series, with an eye toward the Padres

Buehler, Kershaw, and Bauer lined up to pitch next weekend in San Diego

The Dodgers set the starting rotation for their next series at home against the Rockies, and will give Walker Buehler extra rest to line him up against the Padres next weekend in San Diego.

Off days last Thursday and this Monday gave the Dodgers some maneuverability, with an eye toward the top of the rotation. Dustin May would have lined up to pitch Sunday against the Nationals but he was pushed back to Wednesday. May will pitch on eight days rest to avoid having Clayton Kershaw and Trevor Bauer pitch on six days rest.

Kershaw is starting Sunday on four days rest, with Bauer lined up for Tuesday against Colorado on five days rest. The Dodgers will start Julio Urías in Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies, which lines up Buehler, Kershaw, and Bauer against the Padres in an NL West showdown series next weekend at Petco Park, the first of two straight weekends the two juggernauts will face each other.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Wow never seen a team maneuver their starting rotation this early in the season:

Quote:
Dodgers set rotation for Rockies series, with an eye toward the Padres

Buehler, Kershaw, and Bauer lined up to pitch next weekend in San Diego

The Dodgers set the starting rotation for their next series at home against the Rockies, and will give Walker Buehler extra rest to line him up against the Padres next weekend in San Diego.

Off days last Thursday and this Monday gave the Dodgers some maneuverability, with an eye toward the top of the rotation. Dustin May would have lined up to pitch Sunday against the Nationals but he was pushed back to Wednesday. May will pitch on eight days rest to avoid having Clayton Kershaw and Trevor Bauer pitch on six days rest.

Kershaw is starting Sunday on four days rest, with Bauer lined up for Tuesday against Colorado on five days rest. The Dodgers will start Julio Urías in Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies, which lines up Buehler, Kershaw, and Bauer against the Padres in an NL West showdown series next weekend at Petco Park, the first of two straight weekends the two juggernauts will face each other.

Sweep
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

^I love it. Let’s do what we can to put ourselves ahead of the rest of the division and make them try to catch up.

Also, the biggest goal of the season is to win the division. Why wait until much later to get serious? I like the message this sends the team.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

Dodgers watching baseball movies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMaQqKDP54

———- ————- ———-

Also, looks like Kike, Verdugo and Joc are struggling:

Kike:
.214 avg
.261 obp
.333 slg
.594 ops
1 HR

Verdugo:
.194 avg
.286 obp
.389 slg
.675 ops
1 HR

Joc Pederson:
.129 avg
.222 obp
.226 slg
.448 ops
1 HR
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Mookie is back in the starting lineup.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Bauer 1-2-3 first inning and Seager / Taylor back-to-back HR's! 2-0 Dodgers.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Back 2back for both lakers and doyers
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Mookie HR!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Seager’s going to have a big year (barring injury). I think we’re past the point of thinking this is a hot streak.

Dude’s been locked in since 2020 Spring Training. I can’t remember the last time he slumped.

He’s just hitting everything.

I would be shocked if he doesn’t finish the year with:

.300+ avg
30+ HR
.950+ OPS

Yeah, that Betts-Seager combo is just so lethal.

I can’t really imagine losing him. That’s going to be big shoes to fill (the 2 hole).

I really think Seager’s going to get more than Lindor. 10 yrs $350M+.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Interesting tid-bit from tonight's game:

The first four hitters in the Dodgers line-up all hit solo HR's!

(Over 3 different innings though...)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Bauer is sporting a 0.60 WHIP through 3 starts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Also, great starts for Muncy and Taylor. With Taylor's versatility, I just have to believe he's valued highly by this regime, more than Kike ever was, and I think they correctly valued him over Kike as the utility guy they wanted to keep. Since I don't see us retaining Seager, I really think Taylor has a good shot to be re-signed, but we'll see what happens. As for Muncy, he looks like the guy we saw before last year in Dodger blue. Short sample size, of course, but the ball is jumping off his bat again. He never lost the eye last year and the ability to get deep into AB's, but maybe the hand/finger problem really hampered him. A return to form for him would be enormous for the lineup.

Bellinger isn't even playing, and the Dodgers are the best team in baseball. I didn't see the game last night but I saw some Bauer highlights and his stuff looked great. If the postseason wasn't so random, and if the best team in the league just advanced to the World Series after 162 like the old days, you could practically pencil us in for a World Series appearance. We're just loaded. Regardless of what happens in the postseason, we would be wise to appreciate what I think we're going to see this regular season. It could be the last Seager year, maybe the last Taylor year, and we just need to appreciate what we're witnessing, even as we still have the right to criticize Roberts for the occasional bad strategic decision.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 33 of 395
Jump to: