OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: BREAKING - OMAR GETS AN ACE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Tiger had only 3 previous bogey-free 1st Rounds in majors before this. He won the championship in 2 of the previous 3 instances.

Xander is definitely a big-time threat. Does feel like he's knocking on the door.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

I’m liking the leaderboard this morning. Thomas tied at number one. Fleetwood two back off the leaders. Woods two back from that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

DJ takes a 4-shot lead into the final round. It's clearly his for the taking.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DJ takes a 4-shot lead into the final round. It's clearly his for the taking.

When the number one player in the world is playing this well, tying the 54 hole record, the rest of the field is just along for the ride.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Super impressive to win by 5 shots. When DJ is on, he is pretty much impossible to beat.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Happy for DJ. Seems like he overcame a drug addiction (though they won't ever say that officially), he's in a great place in his life with his fiancee Paulina Gretzky and their kids, and he's now a 2-time major champion.

He also got screwed at the PGA one year and even in the US Open he won, the USGA screwed him over. Happy to see him succeed.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Spieth just shot a 61 at the Waste Management Open and should be in the final group tomorrow with Schauffele, who is currently one back but has two holes to play. He made back-to-back bombs on 16 and 17, and with fans in attendance, it was great to hear the roars for him again.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jordan Spieth just shot a 61 at the Waste Management Open and should be in the final group tomorrow with Schauffele, who is currently one back but has two holes to play. He made back-to-back bombs on 16 and 17, and with fans in attendance, it was great to hear the roars for him again.

Yeah, he was lights out today. Really fun to watch after his recent struggles. It reminded me of the final round of The Open 2017.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nice to be able to watch The Masters in April again. Interesting day and a half so far.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Nice to be able to watch The Masters in April again. Interesting day and a half so far.

Rose looked like he was on his way to a terrible round but he pulled it together on the back (just like yesterday) to shoot an even par 72. Spieth, despite a triple on #9 yesterday, is only 2 back. He's obviously been playing very well. DJ couldn't get anything going and I wonder if the lightning-quick greens weren't a good match for him. (They are playing crazy-fast, nothing like in November.)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Hideki holds on. Huge win for Japan. First male Japanese player to win a major.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Great that he held on after that amazing Saturday. I feel for Xander. To have that great run from 6 back only to have that blowup hole on 16. And it was exciting to see Zalatoris come so close in only his third Masters.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Great that he held on after that amazing Saturday. I feel for Xander. To have that great run from 6 back only to have that blowup hole on 16. And it was exciting to see Zalatoris come so close in only his third Masters.

Yeah, that was really a horrible miss from Xander because there's no need to miss short on 16. You can hit it a bit long and it will come back down the slope, so to miss short was a brutal error. That kind of ended the tournament, really, as Matsuyama would have had to bogey the final 3 holes, and after the par at 17 he had the luxury of knowing that 5 would win on 18, just like Tiger in 2019.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Really rooting for Phil Mickelson to be the first golfer age 50 or older to win a major tomorrow.

It isn't going to be easy with Koepka and others right there, he will need to play a great round to win but this is an amazing story developing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Really rooting for Phil Mickelson to be the first golfer age 50 or older to win a major tomorrow.

It isn't going to be easy with Koepka and others right there, he will need to play a great round to win but this is an amazing story developing.

Though he had a 1-shot lead, I fear he missed his best chance with a terrible 3-hole stretch where he missed a short birdie putt, bogeyed the next hole, and then duck-hooked his drive on 13 which led to double bogey. He had a 5-shot lead and now it's just one. Might be a tough ask for a 50-year-old to play 4 great rounds on a tough golf course. At least he did finish the round decently, but I think Koepka is the favorite now.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Though he had a 1-shot lead, I fear he missed his best chance with a terrible 3-hole stretch where he missed a short birdie putt, bogeyed the next hole, and then duck-hooked his drive on 13 which led to double bogey. He had a 5-shot lead and now it's just one. Might be a tough ask for a 50-year-old to play 4 great rounds on a tough golf course. At least he did finish the round decently, but I think Koepka is the favorite now.

I’m definitely pulling for Phil. Despite yesterday’s blunders, he came in two under. My feeling is the winner will probably come in no more than 10 under over all, so he has a shot if can avoid a blowup hole.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I’m definitely pulling for Phil. Despite yesterday’s blunders, he came in two under. My feeling is the winner will probably come in no more than 10 under over all, so he has a shot if can avoid a blowup hole.

Pulling for the senior.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Pulling for the senior.

Careful now! He’s 7 years younger than me and I ain’t no senior yet (as much as my body may disagree at times). 😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Pulling for the senior.

Careful now! He’s 7 years younger than me and I ain’t no senior yet (as much as my body may disagree at times). 😄

Couple of more years you'll be SS eligible.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

The old dude leads by 3 with 7 to play and Oosthuizen is the only person with a realistic shot at catching him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Lefty coming down 18 with an army behind him and a 2 stroke lead.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

What a nice thing for one of the truly nice guys in golf. He probably has more majors if he’s less of a gambler and gregarious guy, but that’s just who he is, and there has never been anyone with a bigger bag of amazing shots.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Amazing stuff...not only being the oldest to win a major (and by several years) but to do it on the longest course in majors history with the wind howling.

Super impressive, I watched every shot of his round and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. San Diego's own, Phil Mickelson!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Didn't feel comfortable until Phil hit a great approach to the 18th green.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Phil got it done. One giant step for seniors. He's eligible for the senior's tour in June.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 14 of 33
Jump to: