OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
All I know is not only has Rob done a great job putting a roster out the last 2 seasons with the best big in the NBA locked up throughout his prime now he has also helped turn our fo into a respectable one again. We were an absolute joke when Magic was here and a bit before that as well. Once Magic was gone, even when the media and others were talking trash about Rob he never found it necessary to "tell his side" or any of that bs. He simply worked his ass off quietly and efficiently with pretty much no drama surrounding us since. That's how you get the job done as a GM, not try to make sure everyone loves you still.

He is still new and has a long ways to go before being compared to Riles or some of the other greats but he's absolutely looking the part and doing a terrific job so far at least which is all he can do.

We got the roster for sure but we also have an elite coaching staff and fo again. Having all that helps a lot for continued success and I believe our future is potentially very bright even without Lebron but once again only time will show us how true that is.

Well stated. I agree with this.

Rob turned down the public drama and turned up the production in the front office.

He obviously is personable and understands how the NBA works. Throw in the Kobe connection and oh yeah the NBA Title last season and I am on board with him.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I will freely admit I was wrong about Mr. Rob Pelinka. We now have a front line in Lebron, Davis and Drummond that will be more potent than what we had last season, and we have a bonafide 3 point sniper.

And Rob pulled this off in the buyout market.

I vow never to doubt Mr. Pelinka again. Dennis Schröder, you are hereby put on notice. You are either with us, or you are not. Laker Nation, and Rob, will not tolerate your disrespect of this franchise.

Do your thing, Rob.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Ad2 is clearly better than LMA. b Mac is showing signs. Kieff was a major contributor in the last playoff run, and he has played well since the all star break.
All 3 above are on vet min contracts, so tell me which GM is better than Rob?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka getting likely there two best buyout guys in recent times is pretty amazing. Kieff was instrumental last year and I think Drummond will be this year.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see Drummond get a ring with us after his years in purgatory in Detroit.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Seems like Ad2 is clearly better than LMA. b Mac is showing signs. Kieff was a major contributor in the last playoff run, and he has played well since the all star break.

I dont know about who’s better, but for sure no GM is luckier than Rob right now. So lucky.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I dont know about who’s better, but for sure no GM is luckier than Rob right now. So lucky.

prob a little more than lucky, even for buyouts, the negotiations (salary, playing time, etc) were prob done prior to getting the buyout so you gotta give Pelinka credit on this one. The argument is how much credit does LeBrow Klutch get
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

prob a little more than lucky, even for buyouts, the negotiations (salary, playing time, etc) were prob done prior to getting the buyout so you gotta give Pelinka credit on this one. The argument is how much credit does LeBrow Klutch get

Y’all know that it takes “team work”, to make the “dream work”, right? Why does it always have to be either or? Everybody did their part.

Also every team has a a connection with different agents. It’s because it’s Lebron and the Lakers that it’s getting attention.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I was being sarcastic.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I like people who are lucky in general
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Things have gone about as good as it can go under Rob. Last thing on his list is to rob (pun intended) another team's star player.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Things have gone about as good as it can go under Rob. Last thing on his list is to rob (pun intended) another team's star player.

Maybe Durant wants to have a new team that doesn't loose to another teams "role players"...
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Nope. Luck is when you have no clue what you are doing, but you are successful anyway. I hope Rob is not lucky...
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

He's great so far. AD2 signing was another rabbit out of the hat move for him. Current management runs circles around old management, but then again, even signing a hamburger beats Deng/Mozgov.

They are still the champs until someone dethrones them.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

It's luck but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Harrell and Drummond are what I call no-brainer signing. Meaning when the right player is available to a team at the right time, any GM would have done the same thing. Gasol and DS are what I call "optional" signing/trade. Gasol and DS are what we should judge Pelinka by. Not Harrell and Drummond.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Harrell and Drummond are what I call no-brainer signing. Meaning when the right player is available to a team at the right time, any GM would have done the same thing. Gasol and DS are what I call "optional" signing/trade. Gasol and DS are what we should judge Pelinka by. Not Harrell and Drummond.

If a team offer me the reigning sixth man of the year for DG and a late first, I’d do that everytime
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

The pros make things look easy. This is a game vs 29 other GM's and Pelinka is beating them all.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Identifying players to sign is a small portion of the work. The larger share of the work is getting these high caliber players to actually sign on the dotted line. Both Harrell and Drummond had other options. Pelinka sold them on coming to the Lakers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

If a team offer me the reigning sixth man of the year for DG and a late first, I’d do that everytime

Yeah, you can be frustrated about Dennis's contract and all that (I'm not in the slightest for now but I know many here are) but just purely judging that trade on the two guys and 1st rounder traded it was an absolutely great trade for us. Dennis (warts and all) has been the driving force behind many of the wins and close games while the stars were out.

Many GM's "could" have signed a lot of solid/great players but for many different reason do not. In the past we always had guys contemplating signing with us but they would ultimately go somewhere else much of the time. Rob has not made any panic moves yet and has had several situations where many in his position would have. He's clearly a good GM at this point already. Him being a legitimately great GM among the best in the NBA is still up in the air but he's absolutely hovering around and in that conversation up to this point but only time will tell for sure since he'll have to make some ridiculously tough decisions this off season.

Not sure how anyone could say he has been anything but a good GM at worst up until this point.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
The pros make things look easy. This is a game vs 29 other GM's and Pelinka is beating them all.

Luck or talent... the end results matter and that is why Pelinka is rocking the house and the Lakers look stronger than last year's Championship team.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Even assuming they can escape this series and pull off a ring this season, Rob's got some work to do again. He got one for us. Going to have to think bold, clever, and decisive again. Health matters and these two can't be expected to be good enough for the next two, three years window on both sides of the court.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Even assuming they can escape this series and pull off a ring this season, Rob's got some work to do again. He got one for us. Going to have to think bold, clever, and decisive again. Health matters and these two can't be expected to be good enough for the next two, three years window on both sides of the court.

My advice to Rob: Don’t overthink it.
When Rob had to cobble together a team around AD and LeBron after Kawhi jerked us around, he got exactly what this team needed: a 2-way sharpshooter in DG, an able 3pt shooter and initiator in Rondo and we lucked out on Dwight after Cousins was hurt. i think this year he tried to be too cute and got players who were talented but not the right fit: an independe lê turnover prone PG in Schro, an old and slow championship center in gasol and a lone dimensional center in a forwards body in Harrell. Get back to the 2019 game plan, be direct about what we need (2 way shooters who have it left in the tank) and move on to next season.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

When Rob had to cobble together a team around AD and LeBron after Kawhi jerked us around, he got exactly what this team needed: a 2-way sharpshooter in DG, an able 3pt shooter and initiator in Rondo and we lucked out on Dwight after Cousins was hurt. i think this year he tried to be too cute and got players who were talented but not the right fit: an independe lê turnover prone PG in Schro, an old and slow championship center in gasol and a lone dimensional center in a forwards body in Harrell. Get back to the 2019 game plan, be direct about what we need (2 way shooters who have it left in the tank) and move on to next season.

It is hard to come down to hard on Rob.

There were injuries.

We won last year.

On paper, it makes sense to bring in fresh blood.

The off season was shorten. It makes sense to bring in an energy player such Montrell.

To me, some blame is on the coach, not Rob.

If anything, we definitely need more shooters.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

It is hard to come down to hard on Rob.

There were injuries.

We won last year.

On paper, it makes sense to bring in fresh blood.

The off season was shorten. It makes sense to bring in an energy player such Montrell.

To me, some blame is on the coach, not Rob.

If anything, we definitely need more shooters.

everything made sense. Everyone who gets paid to dissect the game said so. Most here said so. Even the AD2 addition was heralded. the only reason we are here .....still with a chance mind you...is because of injuries. period.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 128 of 243
Jump to: