D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in Minny tonight. Their defense is what it is. But the offense should be fun to watch.

He finally gets to play with his boy, KAT. They should be a terrific pair. Man, if Minny could get Booker, woo boy, we just gotta add a broth, a potato, and baby, we've got a stew going

What kind of stew do you eat?

Only the best.

Well, broth, potato, and baby sounds gross.

Baby stew or Dinty Moore. Which is worse?

Without having tried baby stew, I can definitively state that dinty moore is worse.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Watching him today reminded me of why I was never sold on him as a Laker star. Just too easily disappears in games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

DLOL getting max money is laughable. Super overrated. GS didn't like what they saw and dumped him quick.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
DLOL getting max money is laughable. Super overrated. GS didn't like what they saw and dumped him quick.

Good thing they were sold on Wiggins. 😂

DLo literally played a key role in Munny beating Jazz and Pistons in the first two games. One bad game and people bump this thread to (bleep) on him. Didn't he show up when Nets beat Lakers twice in Bron's first year?

Wolf was defending Okafor saying he's not a bust when he was mentioned in some list. Those who belived in Okafor still hating on this kid. 😂 Let it go, Let it go..

Last edited by saetarubia on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

Okafor lot called DLo a bust, won't be in the league after 4 years throughout his Lakers stint on this forum. At least had to change that to overrated while someone else is a bust playing scrap minutes in Detroit.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Okafor lot called DLo a bust, won't be in the league after 4 years throughout his Lakers stint on this forum. At least had to change that to overrated while someone else is a bust playing scrap minutes in Detroit.

Oh there's a fine line in calling him a bust, which was ridiculous (and I never did so, look through this thread). Even before his breakout in Nets time, I always felt he was a high quality 3rd option. The thing is when you look longterm, you're not paying him Kyle Kuzma money. He is getting money to be a superstar, and is playing more like a fringe all-star. Has been the case the last few years. This was always my issue with the players we had, from the young core. They all seemed to be Eddie Jones level guys, vs superstars. I understand that they were good, and talented, but a team full of Eddie Jones level guys gets you in the playoffs and no higher.

Looking back, this trade was phenomenal vision by Rob. He knew years in advance what was the plan and objective and took a huge chance on this one.

I do think DLO will thrive with KAT and they will be a playoff level team. I just do not think DLO is the sort of guy you want on the Lakers as your #1 guy and max player, which would have been the case. We'd have been a talented team, fighting for the lower playoff seeds, every season in their primes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject:

Turns out Wiggins-DLo trade was... fair for both
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Good thing they were sold on Wiggins. 😂

DLo literally played a key role in Munny beating Jazz and Pistons in the first two games. One bad game and people bump this thread to (bleep) on him. Didn't he show up when Nets beat Lakers twice in Bron's first year?

Wolf was defending Okafor saying he's not a bust when he was mentioned in some list. Those who belived in Okafor still hating on this kid. 😂 Let it go, Let it go..

It's not Wiggins. It's the pick that's gonna be valuable. Minne is going to suck hard boiled eggs and be in the lottery again so that pick GS is going to get is looking good right now.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Oh there's a fine line in calling him a bust, which was ridiculous (and I never did so, look through this thread). Even before his breakout in Nets time, I always felt he was a high quality 3rd option. The thing is when you look longterm, you're not paying him Kyle Kuzma money. He is getting money to be a superstar, and is playing more like a fringe all-star. Has been the case the last few years. This was always my issue with the players we had, from the young core. They all seemed to be Eddie Jones level guys, vs superstars. I understand that they were good, and talented, but a team full of Eddie Jones level guys gets you in the playoffs and no higher.

Looking back, this trade was phenomenal vision by Rob. He knew years in advance what was the plan and objective and took a huge chance on this one.

I do think DLO will thrive with KAT and they will be a playoff level team. I just do not think DLO is the sort of guy you want on the Lakers as your #1 guy and max player, which would have been the case. We'd have been a talented team, fighting for the lower playoff seeds, every season in their primes.

I don't know if it was Rob who pushed for DLo trade. Magic was obvious with his public comments and they had to dump Mozgov contract. Magic tried his best to tank DLo's trade value by belittling him and even then we got a first round pick back. I don't think Rob was allowed to make any big decisions then. All came from Magic including drafting ZO over Tatum. Remember ZO's first workout wasn't convincing and Magic gave him another workout at Ball home. There were reports that Rob wanted DLo as 3rd option with Bron and AD if KL saga didn't happen.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-value-t-wolves-2021-pick-more-no-2-2020

If DLo and Towns make playoffs in coming years, it's worth it. Remember even Booker hasn't even made playoffs yet. And Munny has missed playoffs for several years except one season they had Butler. They also have Edwards as SG. Lakers are going to blow out a lot of good teams with crazy depth so I won't judge Minny based on that. They need Towns healthy and will be competitive if they put the defensive effort of first two games.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

DLO can still fill it up out there. Interesting that Minny starts him alongside Rubio. He's technically the 2, but handles alot of the traditional PG duties.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

Non factor in Minne
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Rob knew the ceiling for the young guys. DLo was always going to be a high-volume, low-impact scorer on a middling team. Lonzo was always going to be a second-tier Ricky Rubio. The biggest loss was obviously Ingram, who is a baller, but he was never going to be a piece to build a championship team around, especially not compared to AD. Rob played it perfectly.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Rob knew the ceiling for the young guys. DLo was always going to be a high-volume, low-impact scorer on a middling team. Lonzo was always going to be a second-tier Ricky Rubio. The biggest loss was obviously Ingram, who is a baller, but he was never going to be a piece to build a championship team around, especially not compared to AD. Rob played it perfectly.

Yeah, I think Magic saw it the same way. I recall Magic never wanting to give up Ingram for PG to Indiana. I think they had an idea that Ingram was > Ball, DLO etc. But when it came to having a shot at pairing AD with Bron, all bets were off, even for Ingram. Well played, no doubt. Even if you win 1 title, that's huge. We won 1, and will likely contend for 1 or 2 more in the Bron era (May not win another one). If anyone told us we would get 3 years of contending and 1 title of the Bron era in 2018, do you take it. I think most of us take that easily, based on seeing how hard it is to get back there, once you don't have those players that can lead you to a title.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Dlo trade was Magic's call.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

They all turned out more or less like we thought.

BI - A top tier player but can he be the alpha on a true contender*?
* showing he might work as a 1B option though.
Zo - 3 and D guy that can bring the ball up.
* Freethrows!!!!!
DLO - Nice 2nd option and closer but not an alpha.
Randle - 20/10 but it's with the Knicks.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Between KAT and DLO? DLO is definitely the alpha.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
They all turned out more or less like we thought.

BI - A top tier player but can he be the alpha on a true contender*?
* showing he might work as a 1B option though.
Zo - 3 and D guy that can bring the ball up.
* Freethrows!!!!!
DLO - Nice 2nd option and closer but not an alpha.
Randle - 20/10 but it's with the Knicks.

I don’t think DLo is a second option on any kind of winner. If anything I’d say hes a top notch 3rd.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Russell doing all he can to keep the T'Wolves in the game.

But it's a bad situation when the guy you cane to play with can't get on the court.

They started the season well, then KAT got hurt. They tried to stay above water, and then when KAT is returning, has Covid and now must be out indefinitely.

Still early in the season, but it's not a desirable situation. Even when KAT is back, the rest of the team outside of DLO and KAT is underwhelming to say the least.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

But it's a bad situation when the guy you cane to play with can't get on the court.

They started the season well, then KAT got hurt. They tried to stay above water, and then when KAT is returning, has Covid and now must be out indefinitely.

Still early in the season, but it's not a desirable situation. Even when KAT is back, the rest of the team outside of DLO and KAT is underwhelming to say the least.

Should have drafted Wiseman #1 and played Towns at PF. He isn’t really enough of a rim protector to be able to player Center.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:

Should have drafted Wiseman #1 and played Towns at PF. He isn’t really enough of a rim protector to be able to player Center.

They should have traded the Number 1 pick for a player and some additional pieces. Like to Chicago to get LaVine back or something and the maybe packaged what they could to see if they could have ripped Love from Cleveland.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

3 Games Back

22.7 PPG
3.3 REB
5.3 AST
42.3% Field Goal
39.1% Three Pointer (on 7.7 per game)
83.3% Free Throw

26/4/8 vs Celtics

3 Pointer to send it into OT

Still not back to full speed, but doing well so far in the return from knee surgery.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Since returning from knee surgery, the T'Wolves have been bringing him back slowly and off the bench and on a minutes restriction.

In that stretch he's averaged

19.0 PPG
2.2 REB
5.1 AST
0.8 STL
47.4% Field Goal
44.4% Three Pointer (on 6.3 per game)
88.9% Free Throw
in 24.6 MPG

Here's him lighting up the Kings

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Still lowkey rooting for him. I wish it worked out here, but there are better situations. Not sure if Minny is right for him, but he has tremendous utility on other teams as a shooter and facilitator.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Kid can ball. Since jump.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell 27/12 vs Jazz

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100
Jump to: