Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I watched some of that game. Yes, his shots went in. But he looked rusty to me. He made some good plays, but he had at least a couple really sloppy turnovers.
mariocabello
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So KD comes back from Injury and shoots 100% from the floor. doesn't even miss a shot

That's the luxury of a guy who spent two months taking a million jumpers while his 2nd stacked team went 15-2 with just him out of the lineup.

“Hamstring Strain” for 2 months

aren't you suppose to have some Rust when you don't play for a month and coming back from injury?

Unfortunately for us, the guy is that good.

Unfortunately for them, they stilll have to beat philly or mil or both
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So KD comes back from Injury and shoots 100% from the floor. doesn't even miss a shot

That's the luxury of a guy who spent two months taking a million jumpers while his 2nd stacked team went 15-2 with just him out of the lineup.

aren't you suppose to have some Rust when you don't play for a month and coming back from injury?

Miami beat the Bucks last year and celtics beat philly. Those teams are not even remotely close to NETS.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Philly in theoretical terms has the best matchups for the Nets in the east. I think Philly can give them a hell of a series. The Nets core has had no playoff experience together, and Nash is a rookie coach. Let’s see how they respond when they aren’t hitting 20 threes in the first half of a big game.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
One of the underrated things about LBJ is he refuses to take time off. Probably the last guy we see in terms of full-time superstar.

Harden tries to play every game as well. I think he leads the league in games played for the past decade or something like that.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Ridiculous how Blake just suddenly has hops and he can score around the rim and do everything like he was before.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Ridiculous how Blake just suddenly has hops and he can score around the rim and do everything like he was before.

Faked his way out of Detroit. He’s only 32. Two seasons ago he averaged 24.5 and 7.5 and now all of a sudden he became a buyout level player before reverting to form?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

My biggest concern is that Griffin and Aldridge are able to play close to their old selves in stretches. This will be invaluable to the Nets in the playoffs.

Man, I can't wait to see our team be fully healthy again.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject:

Well, there's only one ball. Durant, Irving, Harden, Aldridge, Griffin... They're not getting 10 shots each come playoffs time.

If healthy, I like our chances. Our front court rotation is stellar: Davis, Drummond, James, Gasol, Harrell, Kuzma and Morris. Damn, try to beat that. We have a little disadvantage re: guards but AC, DS and KCP always play hard and are savvy, experienced players.

Our defensive system is the best in the league. Even without AD and LBJ we're still the best one. Not worried about that.

The only thing that worries me is Kevin Durant. Dude is a cheat code and always has been.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Well, there's only one ball. Durant, Irving, Harden, Aldridge, Griffin... They're not getting 10 shots each come playoffs time.

If healthy, I like our chances. Our front court rotation is stellar: Davis, Drummond, James, Gasol, Harrell, Kuzma and Morris. Damn, try to beat that. We have a little disadvantage re: guards but AC, DS and KCP always play hard and are savvy, experienced players.

Our defensive system is the best in the league. Even without AD and LBJ we're still the best one. Not worried about that.

The only thing that worries me is Kevin Durant. Dude is a cheat code and always has been.

They will have the best playoff offense of all time. The one ball narrative makes no sense to me. The reason they're not heavy favorites is because of defense and bettors not being confident that they'll make it through without injury.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Eh. Durant hasn't shown that he can stay healthy for an extended period of time. If the Nets can stay fully healthy through the playoffs, and if we can stay fully healthy through the playoffs, it might be a great matchup in the Finals. But I won't be surprised if Durant goes out again at some point in the next couple weeks.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
The one ball narrative makes no sense to me.

It makes sense when you have multiple ball-dominant players. But in this case, the ball-dominant players are Irving and Harden, and they seem to have worked it out. So really, the narrative should be one ball, lots of targets.

I'm dubious about the Nets for three reasons. The first is health. The second is defense. The third (related to the second) is that there is a limit to how much you can optimize an offense by adding scorers. You're going to run into diminishing returns. In other words, you can improve your team more by adding a defender rather than another scorer. I'd be more worried about the Nets if they had added a player in the mold of Dennis Rodman, Ben Wallace, or Draymond Green.
mariocabello
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Miami beat the Bucks last year and celtics beat philly. Those teams are not even remotely close to NETS.

So you are basing your argument on last year results? If then let me tell you who were the 2020 champs.....its the lakers

Going back to my point, philly has improved a lot and milwaukee learned the hard way that regular season success is not equal to championships, hell even we need to focus on the suns, nuggets and clippers before the nets
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

So you are basing your argument on last year results? If then let me tell you who were the 2020 champs.....its the lakers

Going back to my point, philly has improved a lot and milwaukee learned the hard way that regular season success is not equal to championships, hell even we need to focus on the suns, nuggets and clippers before the nets

All I am saying is the Bucks Look pretty strong in regular season and fold in playoffs.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

All I am saying is the Bucks Look pretty strong in regular season and fold in playoffs.

Here are some stats from the 2017 Finals when the 16-1 Warriors basically swept their competition and most people considered that the greatest offense in NBA history.

They only shot 38% as a team in the Finals from 3 point line.

Kyrie Irving the Nets third best player had a defensive rating of 125, he was so bad defensively there was no other starter for either team who had a defensive rating that poor.

Kevin Durant had an offensive rating of 139. Probably why he won Finals MVP.

Last edited by vcdplaya3002 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Which would you guys say would have been better, the current Nets or the original OKC team if they had stayed together?

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Jeff Green, Reggie Jackson.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Eh. No one ever wins a championship until they do. Matchups matter a lot in the playoffs. Last year, Miami was kryptonite for the Bucks. I'm not sure that the Bucks will ever win a title in the Giannis era, but there have been any number of teams (the Mavs, for example) who could never get it done until suddenly they did.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Bron missed nearly 30 games to a groin injury his first year here. I mean injuries happen.
mariocabello
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
mariocabello wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Here are some stats from the 2017 Finals when the 16-1 Warriors basically swept their competition and most people considered that the greatest offense in NBA history.

They only shot 38% as a team in the Finals from 3 point line.

Kyrie Irving the Nets third best player had a defensive rating of 125, he was so bad defensively there was no other starter for either team who had a defensive rating that poor.

Kevin Durant had an offensive rating of 139. Probably why he won Finals MVP.

KD will need to exert some energy on the defensive side and guard some tough competition in the playoffs, this time he’s the best defender on the nets if you will and does not have the luxury of draymond green / klay thompson to cover him up defensively
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I like it how the expectation to win it all already shifted to the Nets. Now the pressure to win it all is on them.

Lakers can now concentrate on winning every game and not on living up to the expectations.

Last edited by leking006 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers has many bodies to throw into their big 3. How about the Nets? How will they guard the 3-Headed monster (Bron, AD, Dre)?

Its up to vogel though, If vogel is stupid enough to play small (Harrell @C and Mckinnie @PF) whenever the Nets play small. Then the Nets can pull away.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Lakers has many bodies to throw into their big 3. How about the Nets? How will they guard the 3-Headed monster (Bron, AD, Dre)?

Its up to vogel though, If vogel is stupid enough to play small (Harrell @C and Mckinnie @PF) whenever the Nets play small. Then the Nets can pull away.

They won't be able too defend Bron or AD that well. Hell even Trez is too physical for them and then you mix in Dre's size. BUT they're best defense is a better offense and they are able to out score anybody at any time. If you have a couple below average offensive games in the series, you're toast.

Why would Vogel ever play McKinne in the finals?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

They won't be able too defend Bron or AD that well. Hell even Trez is too physical for them and then you mix in Dre's size. BUT they're best defense is a better offense and they are able to out score anybody at any time. If you have a couple below average offensive games in the series, you're toast.

Why would Vogel ever play McKinne in the finals?

They only need average defense to win it all because their offensive ceiling is too high. Besides, our offense is not difficult to stop. If I were them, I would double team AD and let the other players take outside shots. Our shooters are not that reliable. Or they can let AD score 50 points but they can still win the game. We don’t have a reliable 3rd option is a major weakness.

The key is our defense VS their defense
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I underestimated Drummond.
MDA and Nash may find a way to screw this up.
There's a reason Popovich let Aldridge go.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

***Bump***

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 55 of 73
Jump to: