Derek Chauvin trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18672
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

The Knee Gees
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11210
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude is soo guilty...!
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19737

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
name this band

https://i.imgur.com/3pdVYB0.png


Weezer


I don't want to jest, but think the early 80s elevator music group that did "All Out Of Love". I was thinking of cheesy 80s band names and that one came up instantly.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11571

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
He ain't getting away with it...!

Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!

I did not see much, but the testimony against this guy is huge!

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10...!


That’s a Republican talking point, but the vast majority of the protesters last summer were peaceful.

In any case, I hope he gets convicted and I expect that to happen, although juries do surprise people sometimes. They want to say Floyd died because of drugs and I do think he looked like he was on something, but I saw the video of the officer on his neck for what seemed like an eternity and that does it for me.

They also want to blame the crowd, but one, I don’t think the crowd looked dangerous, and two, of course the crowd was upset when they saw a guy getting murdered. Duh. Maybe take that knee off his neck so he can breathe and the crowd would calm down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

The evidence against Chauvin is overwhelming. The defense is base on hypotheticals. If you lay at a pool in the prone position, yada yada yada. None of their hypotheticals apply to George Floyd.

Knowing to what depths Republicans will sink, I don't rule out riots instigated by them and blamed on BLM.

I anticipate a hung jury. All it takes is 1 to say not guilty.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

defense hanging on hypotheticals. Hopefully jury doesnt fall for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

IMO it makes no sense to continue to imply George Floyd died because of drug ingestion. The coroner report disputes it. An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide. He reiterated that finding today.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 2856
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

The defense only needs to get to/convince one juror...thus all the iffy evidence/hypotheticals.
_________________
YouTube: FernieBee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
The defense only needs to get to/convince one juror...thus all the iffy evidence/hypotheticals.


This is true. As I said I think they're shooting for a hung jury. Honestly, I think they'll get it. I think there will be at least one who will ignore the evidence and vote their personal opinions. I think the fact that George is a Black man will be a factor.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48268
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO it makes no sense to continue to imply George Floyd died because of drug ingestion. The coroner report disputes it. An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide. He reiterated that finding today.


The defense has only crossed. They haven’t started their presentation of witnesses yet. I can guarantee you they will have at least one “expert” testify that drugs were a factor in his death and that it was a contributing factor. Thus introducing alleged reasonable doubt.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO it makes no sense to continue to imply George Floyd died because of drug ingestion. The coroner report disputes it. An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide. He reiterated that finding today.


The defense has only crossed. They haven’t started their presentation of witnesses yet. I can guarantee you they will have at least one “expert” testify that drugs were a factor in his death and that it was a contributing factor. Thus introducing alleged reasonable doubt.

I'm sure the prosecution has considered that and will be prepared to refute. If there's a juror who will possibly hang he or she is of opinion, not evidence.

If the jury is hung I don't think there will be a retrial. My hope if Chavaun gets off there will be no looting and burning. If that happens BLM will be blamed by some.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11210
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
He ain't getting away with it...!

Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!

I did not see much, but the testimony against this guy is huge!

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10...!


That’s a Republican talking point,


Huh?, what? Wow! really? Perhaps you can explain that logic Steve(?)

"He ain't getting away with it...!" So Democrats think "He IS getting away with it"?

"Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!" So Democrats think it is ok to kneel on the neck of a handcuffed person?

"And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10.", So Democrats don't think there will be any riots is he is acquitted?



Sorry, I'm just confused about you trying to drag politics into this horrific event....
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11571

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
He ain't getting away with it...!

Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!

I did not see much, but the testimony against this guy is huge!

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10...!


That’s a Republican talking point,



Huh?, what? Wow! really? Perhaps you can explain that logic Steve(?)

"He ain't getting away with it...!" So Democrats think "He IS getting away with it"?

"Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!" So Democrats think it is ok to kneel on the neck of a handcuffed person?

"And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10.", So Democrats don't think there will be any riots is he is acquitted?



Sorry, I'm just confused about you trying to drag politics into this horrific event....


I agreed with most of what you said. I was responding to the bottom part I put in bold.


Quote:
So Democrats think "He IS getting away with it"?

So Democrats think it is ok to kneel on the neck of a handcuffed person?


I definitely never tried to imply either of these.


Quote:
So Democrats don't think there will be any riots is he is acquitted?


I expect lots of protests in that hypothetical scenario. Not sure I like the word riots as it implies that people are going to steal, cause violence, etc. I’ve seen BLM protests in person and didn’t feel threatened by them because they were peaceful. Maybe I’m nitpicking but that part caught my attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9785

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
The defense only needs to get to/convince one juror...thus all the iffy evidence/hypotheticals.


This is true. As I said I think they're shooting for a hung jury. Honestly, I think they'll get it. I think there will be at least one who will ignore the evidence and vote their personal opinions. I think the fact that George is a Black man will be a factor.


Or if he gets convicted, he would be charged the lighter 11-15 year sentence.

Nothing in this country surprises me anymore.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48268
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO it makes no sense to continue to imply George Floyd died because of drug ingestion. The coroner report disputes it. An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide. He reiterated that finding today.


The defense has only crossed. They haven’t started their presentation of witnesses yet. I can guarantee you they will have at least one “expert” testify that drugs were a factor in his death and that it was a contributing factor. Thus introducing alleged reasonable doubt.

I'm sure the prosecution has considered that and will be prepared to refute. If there's a juror who will possibly hang he or she is of opinion, not evidence.

If the jury is hung I don't think there will be a retrial. My hope if Chavaun gets off there will be no looting and burning. If that happens BLM will be blamed by some.


You said it makes no sense to imply that drugs were the reason for Floyd’s death. But that’s the crux of Chauvin’s defense. It’s like asking why your hero Johnny Cochran would ask why the glove didn’t fit when the evidence indicated the glove belonged to OJ. That’s what defense lawyers do.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO it makes no sense to continue to imply George Floyd died because of drug ingestion. The coroner report disputes it. An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide. He reiterated that finding today.


The defense has only crossed. They haven’t started their presentation of witnesses yet. I can guarantee you they will have at least one “expert” testify that drugs were a factor in his death and that it was a contributing factor. Thus introducing alleged reasonable doubt.

I'm sure the prosecution has considered that and will be prepared to refute. If there's a juror who will possibly hang he or she is of opinion, not evidence.

If the jury is hung I don't think there will be a retrial. My hope if Chavaun gets off there will be no looting and burning. If that happens BLM will be blamed by some.


You said it makes no sense to imply that drugs were the reason for Floyd’s death. But that’s the crux of Chauvin’s defense. It’s like asking why your hero Johnny Cochran would ask why the glove didn’t fit when the evidence indicated the glove belonged to OJ. That’s what defense lawyers do.


I did say that. I misspoke. In retrospect what you say about Cochran is something I believe. IMO the defense is relying on one juror to vote not guilty and get a hung jury. Most of what I've heard them present are hypotheticals.

Relating to Johnnie, I thought that's what he was trying to do, get a hung jury. I think he was as surprised as anyone when the not guilty verdict was read.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 39218
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:


I did say that. I misspoke. In retrospect what you say about Cochran is something I believe. IMO the defense is relying on one juror to vote not guilty and get a hung jury. Most of what I've heard them present are hypotheticals.

Relating to Johnnie, I thought that's what he was trying to do, get a hung jury. I think he was as surprised as anyone when the not guilty verdict was read.


My 2 cents, the Prosecution is blowing this case. Reasonable doubt has already been introduced.....with the Prosecution Witnesses! When the medical examiner claimed the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest and asphyxiation" from the pressure of the knee, then on cross was asked if Floyds heart disease and the large amount of Fentanyl in his system could lead to "cardiopulmonary arrest and asphyxiation", he answered "YES". I think that will be problematic in combination with the autopsy report showing no physical marks on the skin or sub dermal muscle. The jury does not have to believe it is likely that Floyd died from drugs or his poor heart health.....only that it is reasonable. We have not even got to the point where the defense is presenting their side which will very likely include "specialists" that claim it was likely the other factors beyond the actions of Chauvin that killed Floyd.

Unless the Defense blows it, I would guess that it is headed toward a hung jury. I think if the Prosecution stood up and said we agree with the defense, they would likely not get all jurors to agree to "not guilty". There is just too much going on outside the court for me to believe that will happen. Maybe they will agree on "manslaughter", but I think a hung jury is more likely as I doubt everyone will come off of the murder charge. Honestly, I think even the manslaughter charge will be hard to prove if you look at the law and what is required to prove to get a guilty verdict.

Personally, I think the Prosecution should have allowed him to plead guilty to manslaughter and do the max time on that charge. They had to know the uphill battle they would face on the murder charge. I am not sure what trial most of the media are watching, but they have became cheerleaders for the prosecution and misinforming the public that this is some type of slam dunk guilty verdict, and if it does not result in a guilty verdict on murder, the outrage will be 10x because much of the public is being told daily by the media that the prosecution has been killing the defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88332
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

If only there was some sort of evidence Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for several minutes despite being repeatedly asked and warned to stop.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48268
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
If only there was some sort of evidence Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for several minutes despite being repeatedly asked and warned to stop.


And some evidence that he been trained about the inherent dangers of doing so and how it was strictly out of procedure because of that inherent danger.

People like adkindo are the reason police officers continually get away with abhorrent and inexcusable acts of violence and murder.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
If only there was some sort of evidence Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for several minutes despite being repeatedly asked and warned to stop.
YEAH!!
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 10905

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
If only there was some sort of evidence Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for several minutes despite being repeatedly asked and warned to stop.


And some evidence that he been trained about the inherent dangers of doing so and how it was strictly out of procedure because of that inherent danger.

People like adkindo are the reason police officers continually get away with abhorrent and inexcusable acts of violence and murder.


To be fair, it's more systemic than that. People are stupid, and attorneys are manipulative.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11571

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject:

Fact-checking the claim that drugs or heart issues contributed to George Floyd’s death

Quote:
While George Floyd did have heart issues and drugs in his system, it’s unknown whether those factors contributed to his death. What we can verify is that autopsies, including the official one conducted by Hennepin County, showed Floyd was killed because Chauvin kept pressure on Floyd’s neck that prevented him from breathing, and the death was ruled a homicide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2947

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Amazes me how some races will receive every benefit (to the point of blatant corruption) of the law while other races receive no justice despite an overwhelming amount of evidence in their favor. "'Merica," i guess...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48268
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Amazes me how some races will receive every benefit (to the point of blatant corruption) of the law while other races receive no justice despite an overwhelming amount of evidence in their favor. "'Merica," i guess...


And in Floyd's case, incontrovertible evidence.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

The defense is being destroyed. In the eyes of a reasonable person, Chauvin has no defense.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB