OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5970, 5971, 5972 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Was hoping Magic would waive Otto Porter Jr lol

Otto Porter Jr is a good player why would the Magic waive him? They just had a fire sale by basically dumping Gordon/Fournier/Vucevic they are in no rush to give on a player who can help them next year.

Isn't he an expiring though?
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Otto Porter Jr is a good player why would the Magic waive him? They just had a fire sale by basically dumping Gordon/Fournier/Vucevic they are in no rush to give on a player who can help them next year.

Opj probably doesnt want to lose his bird’s right. I also read someone talking about orlando getting below the salary floor, not sure about this tho.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has signed a 10-day contract with Portland, source tells ESPN.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:

They can just use him as a valuable trade piece in the summer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
We can't beat Brooklyn unless we dominate the boards.And Drummond can help us do that.
I do think he'll clog things up in the paint for our offense. But LBJ's shooting percentages are up this year across the board, including outside the paint. His % of FGs being assisted is up to. So our offense could still be good enough even with Drummond clogging the paint.

The Nets will play 5-out and force Drummond to defend away from the basket.

If a mediocre offensive team with non-shooting stars in Butler and Adebayo could force Howard off the floor in last year's Finals, how is a lineup of Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/Griffin not going to expose Drummond on every possession?

Bro, AD2 is a strong perimeter defender—I think you’ll be surprised. Im not saying he can handle kyrie or harden, but closing out on harris or griffin especially in short bursts wouldn’t be a problem for him.

Color me skeptical. But hopefully we get a chance to see which one of us is right in June.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has signed a 10-day contract with Portland, source tells ESPN.

Solid
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
kikanga wrote:
We can't beat Brooklyn unless we dominate the boards.And Drummond can help us do that.
I do think he'll clog things up in the paint for our offense. But LBJ's shooting percentages are up this year across the board, including outside the paint. His % of FGs being assisted is up to. So our offense could still be good enough even with Drummond clogging the paint.

The Nets will play 5-out and force Drummond to defend away from the basket.

If a mediocre offensive team with non-shooting stars in Butler and Adebayo could force Howard off the floor in last year's Finals, how is a lineup of Kyrie/Harden/Harris/KD/Griffin not going to expose Drummond on every possession?

Bro, AD2 is a strong perimeter defender—I think you’ll be surprised. Im not saying he can handle kyrie or harden, but closing out on harris or griffin especially in short bursts wouldn’t be a problem for him.

Color me skeptical. But hopefully we get a chance to see which one of us is right in June.

I dont mind being wrong as long as we win another ring bro. I take no pleasure on being right in the internet.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

He fits well given the construction of their team. With the Lakers it would be meh.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

He fits well given the construction of their team. With the Lakers it would be meh.

This
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:

I dont mind being wrong as long as we win another ring bro. I take no pleasure on being right in the internet.

You are the first person I've heard say that on the internet.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

You are the first person I've heard say that on the internet.

Im totally being honest man. I butt in if i see people arriving to conclusions with incomplete information or when people are spreading misinformation but i readily concede if someone points out something i missed or if i am misinformed.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This

For sure. RHJ is way too redundant on the Lakers.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He's an expiring, which means he's an unrestricted FA in the summer. How can they use him as a valuable trade piece? I'm no expert and I'm wrong sometimes, but it's really helpful to try to read up on some things before you blurt out "facts."
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
34m
The "buyout market" deadline for NBA players to be waived and remain eligible to play in the playoffs for their next team is 11:59 PM tonight.

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
33m
Yes: 11:59 PM Eastern time. The NBA clock and calendar operates on EST.

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
23m
Teams can sign free agents up to the very last day of the regular season ... but players are only eligible for the playoffs with their next team if they were waived by 11:59 PM ET tonight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He's an expiring, which means he's an unrestricted FA in the summer. How can they use him as a valuable trade piece? I'm no expert and I'm wrong sometimes, but it's really helpful to try to read up on some things before you blurt out "facts."

can’t teams S&T players who are UFAs?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

Something we can worry about come offseason, but it's pretty crazy how we may lose our entire frontcourt except AD.

Marc-I think he retires or plays in Spain.
Drummond-too expensive
Trezz-likely opts out and gets a bigger/longer deal.
Kieff-no one talks about him, but we have early Bird rights and I think after playing on the minimum this year, he will want his money too.

Then we have most of our backcourt also up as FAs: Dennis, THT, AC, Wes.

We will have a lot of turnover, and I would be very leery about spending any part of the mini MLE on a replacement PG for Dennis. This is why I think Rob is going to end up overpaying for Dennis (we will need that mini MLE to pay for a new frontcourt next season).
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Something we can worry about come offseason, but it's pretty crazy how we may lose our entire frontcourt except AD.

Drummond-too expensive
Kieff-no one talks about him, but we have early Bird rights and I think after playing on the minimum this year, he will want his money too.

I am skeptical about how much Trezz is gonna get. His weakness is too obvious. He won't get extended minutes in any contending team. I think there is a chance he will follow the KCP route. I won't be too concern if we loss Trezz either. If we can somehow get Howard back, ask Gasol to play one more year and then resign Kieff, I am happy with a front court of Gasol, Howard, AD and Kieff.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Drummond-too expensive

I am skeptical about how much Trezz is gonna get. His weakness is too obvious. He won't get extended minutes in any contending team. I think there is a chance he will follow the KCP route. I won't be too concern if we loss Trezz either. If we can somehow get Howard back, ask Gasol to play one more year and then resign Kieff, I am happy with a front court of Gasol, Howard, AD and Kieff.

I don't think Marc will be back. He was demoted and the rumors were he would just play 1 last year in the NBA. I don't think he'll be happy to come back to the Lakers knowing they could demote him even further.

Trezz? I think a team like Charlotte would give him a better deal than what he's set to make. I wouldn't expect him back at all.

And Kieff? He isn't taking the minimum again. So in your scenario, I doubt we will bring any of those back, especially Dwight (that bridge has been burned most likely).
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

I think TJ McConnell would be a good free agent signing next year if we can get him with the MLE
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I think TJ McConnell would be a good free agent signing next year if we can get him with the MLE

He’s a lesser version of AC. And he can’t shoot. Pass. We need to use that mini MLE on replacing our likely empty frontline.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Drummond-too expensive

I don't think Marc will be back. He was demoted and the rumors were he would just play 1 last year in the NBA. I don't think he'll be happy to come back to the Lakers knowing they could demote him even further.

Trezz? I think a team like Charlotte would give him a better deal than what he's set to make. I wouldn't expect him back at all.

And Kieff? He isn't taking the minimum again. So in your scenario, I doubt we will bring any of those back, especially Dwight (that bridge has been burned most likely).

With both Drummond and Trezz gone, Marc won't be demoated even further but I think you're right about him retiring.

There will be lottery team trying to give Trezz better contract. It depends on him whether he want to compete for a ring and follow the KCP route.

Do we have Kieff's bird right so we can pay him more?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

He’s a lesser version of AC. And he can’t shoot. Pass. We need to use that mini MLE on replacing our likely empty frontline.

He certainly can pass though based on his assist number
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Drummond-too expensive

With both Drummond and Trezz gone, Marc won't be demoated even further but I think you're right about him retiring.

There will be lottery team trying to give Trezz better contract. It depends on him whether he want to compete for a ring and follow the KCP route.

Do we have Kieff's bird right so we can pay him more?

I believe we would have his Early Bird rights so yes, we can pay him dramatically more than he's earning now. They could give him $10m/year for example if they wanted, but then you have all the other FAs and then the luxury tax.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I believe we would have his Early Bird rights so yes, we can pay him dramatically more than he's earning now. They could give him $10m/year for example if they wanted, but then you have all the other FAs and then the luxury tax.

Kief worth $10m/yr
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kief worth $10m/yr

That's a lot...but just saying they could theoretically do it. I think there may have been a little wink-wink going on where Kieff took the minimum knowing that the team would have his early bird rights next offseason.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5970, 5971, 5972 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5971 of 8560
Jump to: