Schröder-Vogel altercation during Raptors game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Schröder-Vogel altercation during Raptors game

This post is taken from reddit. The video linked was of DS venting to AD and Duds.

Quote:

https://imgur.com/gallery/0gGjh1x
So I took this video at the game because I was watching the events unfold and wanted to capture it.
Dennis had a rough first and second quarter of the Raptors game. He got body slammed which led to his good friend Trez getting ejected. He wasn’t able to get his shot going until later in the game. This story begins in the second quarter.
Lakers are up a lot. Dennis goes down and fumbles a pass, resulting in a turnover. The next possession, Dennis has the ball and it gets hit out of bounds. They say Dennis touched the ball last, he felt like he didn’t and it was out on the Raptors. Dennis turns to Vogel and motions that he wants Vogel to challenge. I see Vogel think about it but ultimately wave him off and shouting something over to him with a shrug. I see Dennis get a tinge upset from this; he doesn’t get back fast on the defensive possession and was laxidasical on the next offensive possession. He goes back on defense and is, again, noticeably dragging and looking dejected. Vogel decides to pull him out of the game.
I see Dennis walk over to Vogel and get in his ear. Vogel starts trying to comfort Dennis a bit but Dennis is not having it and isn’t de-escalating. Vogel is trying to manage the game and the last of their interaction was Vogel frustratedly waving him off and I see him motion to the action happening on the court and points to Jason Kidd.
Jason Kidd steps up to the plate to take over (as a good assistant coach should) and tries to start de-escalating. Dennis is still inconsolable at this point. I see AD also taking notice and he starts meandering over to Jason Kidd. Jason Kidd can’t seem to get him to calm down either so AD puts his arm around him and pulls him to the corner. Jared Dudley walked up at that point as well.
What follows is a 7 minute conversation between Schroder, AD and Jared Dudley. This is just a look at the beginning of the convo. Ultimately, AD and Dudley did a great job of de-escalating because the convo ended with them high fiving and looking noticeably less tense. Dennis walks around a bit, comes back to Vogel and they talk for 30 seconds or so, then he gets some water and heads back into the game.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

Jared Dudley getting paid $2,564,753 this year to serve as mediator.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Also, why does the Head Coach turn to an Assistant Coach when he needs backup? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Get your head in the game Dennis. Sheesh.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Borderline fridge starter acting like he's a star

I hope he is off them team next season. He isn't worth the money
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Also, why does the Head Coach turn to an Assistant Coach when he needs backup? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Nah bro, it’s called delegation.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

this is a nothing burger all around. Trez just ejected, emotions run high, just needed to cool off
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

Disappointed with dennis on this. He is clearly showing he is not ready to be a leader on this team.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Borderline fridge starter acting like he's a star

I hope he is off them team next season. He isn't worth the money

I feel the same way. The dude comes in demanding to start on a team that just won a championship, when Schroder had his best season ever off the bench, demands over $25 mill per year after rejecting a VERY GENEROUS offer of 4 year/$84 mill (no one is gonna offer him more than that), and seems to be a hot head of a player.

Give me Lonzo Ball over Schroder any day of the week on this team. That's my pipe dream. Get a sign and trade of Schroder for Lonzo. THT can and will take over the point guard spot anyway as he's the future here, and Lonzo next to him and Lebron would be THE PERFECT FIT.

I doubt that pipe dream happens but that would be very ideal over what Schroder provides, which is turnover city, inconsistent scoring, and a weird fit next to Lebron. Plus he's small anyway. The dude is worth $15 mill per at the very most, and the dude rejects 21 mill per year? Get the hell out of here.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Huh? Vogel has a game to manage, that's why you have assistant coaches. An assistant coach can't order a head coach to do something. "You, c'mon here, deal with this guy." LOL!
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

You realize that Assistant Coaches exist for a reason, right? They, you know, assist.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

You want your assistant coach telling your head coach to deal with a player on the bench and not coach the game?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jared Dudley getting paid $2,564,753 this year to serve as mediator.

It's called a veteran presence. Just about every team in every sport has one.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Schröder-Vogel altercation during Raptors game

Quote:

LeBron telling THT to gtfo that veteran meeting
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Schröder-Vogel altercation during Raptors game

ocho wrote:
Quote:

LeBron telling THT to gtfo that veteran meeting

Yeah haha bron was like go back to the kid’s table
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

nothing wrong with that at all... almost all coaching staffs has that players coach assistant who is able to connect more closely with the players
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

This probably happens all but without fans in the arena, I guess you don't have to wait til the locker room to let out frustrations.

Either way, I was a big Dennis fan when the season started but I've lost a lot of interest in him. Dude seems to think too highly of himself and his role - given his erratic and meh play.

Too bad Wes has been garbage because I would have loved to see a bench of Gasol, Trez, Kuz, Caruso, Dennis
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Huh? Vogel has a game to manage, that's why you have assistant coaches. An assistant coach can't order a head coach to do something. "You, c'mon here, deal with this guy." LOL!

I read it wrong and thought Vogel somehow thought Schroeder would be more willing to listen to Kidd.

Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Either way, I was a big Dennis fan when the season started but I've lost a lot of interest in him. Dude seems to think too highly of himself and his role - given his erratic and meh play.

This
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm done with this dude. You either want to be a Laker, or you don't. DS is too arrogant to be a Laker. Ship his ass, Rob. Do what you do.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Yeah, I'm done with this dude. You either want to be a Laker, or you don't. DS is too arrogant to be a Laker. Ship his ass, Rob. Do what you do.

He's starting to remind me of Bynum, D'Angelo, Nick Young, and 2012-2013 Dwight.

Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

This dude's not good enough to be acting like this. Go kick rocks, homie.

Kiss my Converse.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Been saying this for a while now. He has an attitude. Nobody is going to work with him if he keeps that attitude. His little temper tantrums are getting on my nerves.

I've been wanting this guy off the team since he said he didn't want to be a Laker at the trade deadline.

Last edited by BEazy on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Been saying this for a while now. He has an attitude. Nobody is going to work with him if he keeps that attitude. His little temper tantrums are getting on my nerves.

I've been wanting this guy off the team since he said he didn't wan to be a Laker last trade deadline.

Ok there Doc Brown, he wasn't even a Laker last trade deadline so how did you want him off the team?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I've been wanting this guy off the team since he said he didn't wan to be a Laker last trade deadline.

Ok there Doc Brown, he wasn't even a Laker last trade deadline so how did you want him off the team?

let’s see if he can spearhead a win against the Heat without Kuz and THT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: