Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think it’s spoken enough how Kyrie and KD have basically had 2 years off.

It’s not good for the game for part-time players to win the Chip. Said the same thing last season when Kawhi and PG were resting most of the season.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
Swap Harden for Kyrie and the Nets would be up by 17 not down by same. Thanks Rockets for nothing.

Kyrie and Harden lost against Vucevic less than 3 weeks ago when he was in Orlando.

It's astounding how much losing follows Kyrie around when he's the #1 option. I mean, team after team.

You could say the same thing about Curry. GS is 4 games below .500 right now. Neither Kyrie or Curry can carry a team to the playoffs as the only all star playing on the team.

That's a bit unfair. With Steph on the floor, their net rating is 10th in the league. Without him, they're one of the worst teams ever, this year 30th at -8.9 net rating.

I'm thinking you'd get a similar spread if Kyrie was the only star player on Brooklyn this year.

Obviously similar, but not as wide. Steph is the more impactful player. No one on the Nets is as big a hole as Wiseman.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

The Nets defense looks impressive at times.

Last edited by PenG_ on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I just hate the Nets. So much top end talent.

Shouldn't have trusted the Knicks to close out a 15 pt lead. (bleep) bums
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
Swap Harden for Kyrie and the Nets would be up by 17 not down by same. Thanks Rockets for nothing.

Kyrie and Harden lost against Vucevic less than 3 weeks ago when he was in Orlando.

It's astounding how much losing follows Kyrie around when he's the #1 option. I mean, team after team.

You could say the same thing about Curry. GS is 4 games below .500 right now. Neither Kyrie or Curry can carry a team to the playoffs as the only all star playing on the team.

That's a bit unfair. With Steph on the floor, their net rating is 10th in the league. Without him, they're one of the worst teams ever, this year 30th at -8.9 net rating.

I'm thinking you'd get a similar spread if Kyrie was the only star player on Brooklyn this year.

Obviously similar, but not as wide. Steph is the more impactful player. No one on the Nets is as big a hole as Wiseman.

What do you mean hole?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

What do you mean hole?

One who's currently providing his team arguably the worst minutes in the NBA.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

What do you mean hole?

before or after coming back from covid?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

What do you mean hole?

before or after coming back from covid?

I don't recall him having COVID. This is not about Wiseman, but rather his impact on Steph's lineup numbers. That's the context here.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

So Durant is FIT as soon as Harden is injured?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Yeah I also think that’s a funny coincidence...

“Your turn” “my turn”

Silver needs to becareful. Part-time players league is going to turn a lot of viewers off. Need to strike the right balance of legit injuries vs. guys just taking long regular season vacations.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

Yeah, this is BS. Part time players winning championships is not good at all.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

I guess I'll watch the Pels-Nets game tonight. I'm a bit of a KD hater, but damnit I enjoy watching him play.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Dodged a bullet last season with part-time Clippers. Nets seem more of a favorite because 99% chance they will be in the Finals at a minimum.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
danzag wrote:

Dodged a bullet last season with part-time Clippers. Nets seem more of a favorite because 99% chance they will be in the Finals at a minimum.

...and no one on the Nets will struggle as much as PG and Lou Williams did in the bubble.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

Silver needs to becareful. Part-time players league is going to turn a lot of viewers off. Need to strike the right balance of legit injuries vs. guys just taking long regular season vacations.

I mean, couldn't you say the same thing about the Lakers being extra cautious with AD?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

manage AD's injury wrong and you just tore the achilles of your franchise player.

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

I mean, couldn't you say the same thing about the Lakers being extra cautious with AD?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

Are they? It looks like APR 15 is target date and that seems a bit early for an Achilles injury.

AD and Lebron were basically playing every game with the exception of AD getting a few B2Bs off and Lebron I think took 1 right before the break.

That doesn’t seem to be the case with Brooklyn. Kyrie has already had 4 vacations or something and Durant has missed a good chunk of the season and suddenly he’s ready. Harden seems like a legit injury. He has played the most and sometimes big minutes. He also tried to play after one game off and re-aggravated that Hamstring.

Imo just not good for the league if KD and Kyrie with 2 years off, win.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

AD is really injured, though
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

Are they? It looks like APR 15 is target date and that seems a bit early for an Achilles injury.

AD and Lebron were basically playing every game with the exception of AD getting a few B2Bs off and Lebron I think took 1 right before the break.

That doesn’t seem to be the case with Brooklyn. Kyrie has already had 4 vacations or something and Durant has missed a good chunk of the season and suddenly he’s ready. Harden seems like a legit injury. He has played the most and sometimes big minutes. He also tried to play after one game off and re-aggravated that Hamstring.

Kyrie missed games the first time for personal reasons he explained to his teammates (and they understood and supported him). And the 2nd time he missed time for his newborn. He should've worn a mask his 1st exit though. No excuse there.

KD has been ramping up for weeks now and coming back this week was part of that medical staffs plan. Just like we're doing with AD. Hamstring issues can be tricky, like we're seeing with Harden now.

I want us to win the chip. Not Brooklyn. But I'm still gonna be objective. Players miss extended time for mental health and physical health reasons all the time. Brooklyn just isn't very forthcoming with details. People didn't even know about Kyrie's newborn till after the fact.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

“Your turn” “my turn”

Kyrie missed games the first time for personal reasons he explained to his teammates (and they understood and supported him). And the 2nd time he missed time for his newborn. He should've worn a mask his 1st exit though. No excuse there.

KD has been ramping up for weeks now and coming back this week was part of that medical staffs plan. Just like we're doing with AD. Hamstring issues can be tricky, like we're seeing with Harden now.

I want us to win the chip. Not Brooklyn. But I'm still gonna be objective. Players miss extended time for mental health and physical health reasons all the time. Brooklyn just isn't very forthcoming with details. People didn't even know about Kyrie's newborn till after the fact.

AD didn't come out once LBJ is down. AD and LBJ are didn't even join when the team was playing like (bleep) and there is a good chance that lakers will be in play in.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

AD didn't come out once LBJ is down. AD and LBJ are didn't even join when the team was playing like (bleep) and there is a good chance that lakers will be in play in.

KD has been ramping up to come back for weeks now. Shams reported he was coming back this week over the weekend. When Harden was expected to play as well.

Brooklyn could've rushed KD back sooner, but they didn't want what happened to Harden's hamstring to happen to KD's. They are prioritizing playoffs over regular season. Like Philly has done with Embiid who could've come back sooner if he had to. Giannis and PG13 are sitting out games now too.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I’m all for guys getting legit breaks. Try to stay objective myself.

I had an issue with the Clippers load managing and talking (bleep) last season as if they were the 3 time defending champion. I have an issue with Brooklyn tanking last season and giving Kyrie and KD 2 years off when other contending teams had to come back on shortest rest in history of the league...leading to more injuries.

I would say the same thing of it was Anthony Davis. In fact, AD frustrated at times with the day to Davis stuff, etc. Either you are good to play or you aren’t...just my opinion.

One of the underrated things about LBJ is he refuses to take time off. Probably the last guy we see in terms of full-time superstar. Honestly, league and it’s teams can operate however they want, all I’m saying is winning with part-time superstars is not good for the game whether that’s KD, Kawhi or AD.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I’m all for guys getting legit breaks. Try to stay objective myself.

I had an issue with the Clippers load managing and talking (bleep) last season as if they were the 3 time defending champion. I have an issue with Brooklyn tanking last season and giving Kyrie and KD 2 years off when other contending teams had to come back on shortest rest in history of the league...leading to more injuries.

I would say the same thing of it was Anthony Davis. In fact, AD frustrated at times with the day to Davis stuff, etc. Either you are good to play or you aren’t...just my opinion.

One of the underrated things about LBJ is he refuses to take time off. Probably the last guy we see in terms of full-time superstar. Honestly, league and it’s teams can operate however they want, all I’m saying is winning with part-time superstars is not good for the game whether that’s KD, Kawhi or AD.

I see it differently. Star players have varying levels of durability. Floor bound stars like Luka, Harden, Jokic, tend to stay healthy compared to people who play above the rim like Zion, Lavine, and Embiid. Larger, stronger star players like Lebron can absorb contact better and wear down less than smaller guys like CP3, Kyrie, and Curry. AD is the worst mixture of both. Plays above the rim in crowded space and is lacking on strength for his position.

Just look at our schedule. We have 21 more games in 39 days. Teams don't even have the time to practice, let alone properly recover between games. That's a recipe for players missing time, star or not. And it's been condensed like this all season.

In terms of Kobe, my favorite player of all time. MDA put him on a death march leading to his Achilles injury. I wish we would've had a coach like Phil who could reign him in and save him from himself.
He came back and started playing 8 months after his Achilles injury even though the most optimistic of timelines were 12 months. I wish the team could've convinced him otherwise. KD looks like he recovered from Achilles better than anybody before him who had that injury. Probably because he took the proper time off.

LBJ wants his stats. Wants to win all time scoring leader of all time. That is his priority. And as long as that helps us win chips, I'm all for it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping Adams and Zion would punish the Nets the way they did our depleted roster, but I didn't realize Ingram was out tonight. Weak
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

KD still did not return agains Pelicans, so will probably return vs the Lakers?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 53 of 73
Jump to: