Paul Pierce went on IG live w/ a room full of strippers and alcohol; ESPN's Rachel Nichols got dragged into the mess

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Paul Pierce went on IG live w/ a room full of strippers and alcohol; ESPN's Rachel Nichols got dragged into the mess

https://www.sportscasting.com/paul-pierce-instagram-live-room-full-strippers-alcohol-espn-rachel-nichols/

Quote:
Paul Pierce Went on Instagram Live With a Room Full of Strippers and Alcohol and ESPN’s Rachel Nichols Got Dragged Into the Mess
by Ashish Mathur on April 3, 2021

Paul Pierce broke the internet on Friday evening after what transpired on his Instagram live account.

Unfortunately, ESPN’s Rachel Nichols got dragged into the mess.

Paul Pierce went on Instagram live with a room full of strippers and alcohol
Paul Pierce is on one pic.twitter.com/L69D4ZYsYl

— Troydan (@Troydan) April 3, 2021
RELATED: Remembering the Time Paul Pierce Failed Miserably in a High School Dunk Contest

Paul Pierce works for ESPN, which is part of the Disney corporation. The one-time champion likely pissed off his bosses by going on Instagram live with a room full of half-naked strippers.

One of the best players in Boston Celtics history, Pierce was smoking (either tobacco or weed) and taking shots with the strippers for all of the world to see. He also showed the strippers dancing in an NSFW manner.

Since he technically works for Disney, Pierce could be in deep trouble for this video. The 10-time All-Star is an NBA analyst for ESPN. It’s safe to say the higher-ups at Disney don’t want the image and video of one of their employees hanging out with strippers going viral since Disney products are mostly known for children’s entertainment.

Naturally, Paul Pierce was the talk of NBA Twitter on Saturday. However, in a surprise turn of events, ESPN’s Rachel Nichols somehow got thrown into the Pierce drama.

Why is Rachel Nichols trending on Twitter?
Somebody on Paul Pierce’s Live Yesterday asked Where Rachel Nichols at???!! 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/YvfBzx9Top

— Melvin Purdy (@MLVNPRDY) April 3, 2021

RELATED: Paul Pierce Makes Crazy Claim About LeBron James and His Place as NBA’s GOAT

Paul Pierce and Rachel Nichols work together on ESPN’s The Jump. During Pierce’s NSFW Instagram live video, someone in the comments asked, “Where Rachel Nichols at?”

Nichols is now trending on NBA Twitter with Pierce. It’s unfortunate because she has nothing to do with this situation and was mentioned in the video’s comments.

It will be interesting to see if ESPN fires Pierce or disciplines him for the video. Had the former NBA star not recorded the video and just enjoyed his night in privacy, Pierce wouldn’t be the talk of the sports world.

Paul Pierce and Rachel Nichols are both married with kids. They work well together on ESPN, but it’s unclear if things will remain the same moving forward.

Paul Pierce is a polarizing figure now, but he was a terrific NBA player

Ever since he retired from the NBA, Paul Pierce has become a polarizing figure since his takes on ESPN are always outlandish. However, his controversial statements and actions shouldn’t make us forget how special he was in the NBA.

Pierce averaged 21.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.9 assists during his stellar career with the Celtics. He won the 2008 championship and Finals MVP over his hometown LA Lakers.

Overall, Pierce averaged 19.7 points with the Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Washington Wizards, and LA Clippers. He was named a Hall of Fame finalist last month.

The Paul Pierce-Rachel Nichols situation is one to keep an eye on. Even though Pierce isn’t at fault for one of his followers commenting Nichols’ name, it still wasn’t a smart move for him to live-stream his wild night.

Stats courtesy of Basketball Reference.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I think this was just an excuse to get rid of a bad sports commentator.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Well that I agree with he also seems unbothered makes me wonder if this was intentional...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

What a moron. Why would he post this? Officially fired from ESPN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I just read that they have “parted ways”

Oh Paul...
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well that I agree with he also seems unbothered makes me wonder if this was intentional...

Probably wanted to be released from ESPN. Fox Sports has been poaching talent from them.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Probably wanted to be released from ESPN. Fox Sports has been poaching talent from them.

Paul Pierce is not exactly what we could call "talent"
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject:

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/657827-paul-pierce-reveals-reason-he-was-fired-from-espn?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Paul Pierce Reveals Reason He Was Fired From ESPN

Paul Pierce wants to understand why his firing from ESPN even happened in the first place.

Paul Pierce built his legacy on the court. The former Boston Celtics star became “The Truth” when it was winning time. The Celtics legend even helped bring a championship back to Boston. After his playing days, Pierce became a fixture on NBA on ESPN. However, the NBA legend lost it all after an Instagram story resulted in his firing. Now Pierce is speaking about the incident publicly. However, Pierce isn’t sure the firing was justifiable.

On Monday’s episode of the I AM ATHLETE podcast, Pierce spoke about the incident. “I got fired for having some entertainment… It’s girls dancing and we blowing some tree, what did I do wrong?” Pierce seemed to insinuate that what happened in his personal life shouldn’t have caused his firing. However, ESPN is a public company. Situations like the one involving Pierce are considered a bad look for such a popular company. Also, the parent company being, Disney, should give Pierce all the information he needs on the situation.

Paul Pierce Doesn’t Believe His Instagram Post Should’ve Resulted In His Firing

Pierce isn’t oblivious to the situation. He understands the public embarrassment that comes in a situation like this. The Celtics legend talked about apologizing to his daughter for his actions. Pierce felt the only apology he should do was to his family for displaying the moment to the world. Upon his reflection, Pierce stands strong in his beliefs on the situation. NBA fans have seen recently how public posts can hurt a reputation and even potentially ruin a career. Grizzlies star Ja Morant has seen his career take a massive turn with his recent Instagram troubles.

Paul Pierce will always be known as a legend for the Boston Celtics. However, the social media controversy will always be a part of his legacy. But the controversy doesn’t seem to affect who Pierce is today. In addition, it does feel as if Pierce feels he shouldn’t have been fired for his actions. Where do you stand on the situation involving Pierce’s firing? Do you feel he deserves a second chance in another media role? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section. For the latest NBA news, keep it right here at HNHH.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/31/a-lot-of-alcohol-behind-stripper-video-that-got-paul-pierce-fired-by-espn/

Quote:

More than two years later, Paul Pierce’s firing from ESPN over a racy video continues to be a point of fascination.

Pierce was conversing with Lance Armstrong on Fox’s “Stars on Mars” about how he got terminated by the network for going on Instagram and sharing a video involving strippers and poker.

“I was at my boy’s birthday party, we was playing poker, and there was girls just there dancing and alcohol — a lot of alcohol,” Pierce said.

“It was a big old controversy.”

Pierce, 45, then quickly clarified that there wasn’t anything “illegal going on.”

Armstrong asked him who shared it on social media.

Paul Pierce explained that there was a 'lot of alcohol' behind the video on social media that got him fired from ESPN.

“I accidentally did — my dumb ass,” Pierce answered.

Later, Pierce told cameras, “Yeah, I lost my job at ESPN over it. We all make some mistakes. But I wouldn’t be on ‘Mars’ if that didn’t happen. See? Things happen for a reason.”

In April, Pierce was also laughing about his firing and wondering what he had done to actually deserve it.

“I got fired for having some entertainment. I’m playing cards. It’s my boy’s birthday. It’s girls dancing. We’re blowing some tree. What did I do wrong?” he asked on the “I am Athlete” podcast.

Pierce also explained why he chose to go live on social media in the moment, something that he says is a rarity for him.

“I don’t ever go live either, I was just feeling my [hair] cut or something, and then it was popping behind me,” Pierce said.

Pierce was a 10-time NBA All-Star and was the MVP of the 2007-08 NBA Finals, in which the Celtics defeated the Lakers in six games.

“Stars on Mars” airs on Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Pierce post playing career is far more interesting that him on court.

He'd do well with his on podcast I think.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Pierce post playing career is far more interesting that him on court.

He'd do well with his on podcast I think.

I agree with this.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

Paul Pierce is much better on podcast than on television

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv8R5FCJtPD/

Shares a story about a pick-up game at UCLA against Magic Johnson
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Paul Pierce is much better on podcast than on television

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv8R5FCJtPD/

Shares a story about a pick-up game at UCLA against Magic Johnson

His indiscretions were being with some cuties while "smoking some tree". That's not espn/disney stuff.

That's being on your own podcast so you're able to be authentic stuff
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

Well we know LeBron will not watch

https://nypost.com/2024/03/11/sports/paul-pierce-likely-joining-fs1s-undisputed-with-skip-bayless/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: