Derek Chauvin trial
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Derek Chauvin trial

Didn't see a post on this. The trial is being aired à la OJ Simpson. CNN MSNBC

Comments

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

I watched the opening arguments. Chauvin's defense attorney's comments blaming the by standers for "distracting" the police from helping George Floyd and for being part of the cause of his death was disgustingly dishonest.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I watched the opening arguments. Chauvin's defense attorney's comments blaming the by standers for "distracting" the police from helping George Floyd and for being part of the cause of his death was disgustingly dishonest.

Just the beginning of disgust. There is no defense for Chauvin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

He is a bad apple amongst the police force with a habit of doing this and this is the time it caught up to him and thus, needs to take full responsibility/heavy consequences for his actions.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

Makeup of Derek Chauvin jury LINK

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance

In opening, prosecutors say that when an EMT who was a bystander approached to try & check George Floyd’s pulse & render aid, Chauvin refused her & pointed his mace at her.

What a (bleep) (bleep).
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

What is this? A trial or kindergarten?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna open a can of worms. IMO if Chauvin gets away with this it will be OJ compared, evidence ignored.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

This trial reminds me that there are two kinds of defense attorneys. Those that truly look for justice for the accused, and those that will defend the indefensible for money, or fame, or rationalize "doing their job" at the expense of moral integrity . . . just like vermin such as Chauvin.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

They have no case. He sat there on video for the world to see. All they can do is try to misdirect and pander and prevaricate.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

That approach could backfire with the jury.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

They have no case. He sat there on video for the world to see. All they can do is try to misdirect and pander and prevaricate.

I guess they will discuss stupid stuff until they find a legal fault (something like filing the papers in the wrong order...) somewhere and dismiss the case then.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Watching the trial I noticed what looked like a stream of water running from the stomach area of George Floyd. When people die their muscles relax and bowels release.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Under oath, a off duty EMT confirmed my suspicion. Testified she saw what she believed to be urine coming from Floyd. I think that's an indication he was dead. She said she identified herself as an EMT and was told if she really was she should know better than to get involved.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
This trial reminds me that there are two kinds of defense attorneys. Those that truly look for justice for the accused, and those that will defend the indefensible for money, or fame, or rationalize "doing their job" at the expense of moral integrity . . . just like vermin such as Chauvin.

Dershowitz.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

He ain't getting away with it...!

Kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect that is not moving is egregious!

I did not see much, but the testimony against this guy is huge!

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

And if by some miracle he is acquitted, look out for Rodney King Riots x 10...!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Dershowitz.

A good start on a long list.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

His own dispatcher, thought the feed was locked/paused and when she found out it wasn't, went and told a supervisor because she was concerned for his well being...

He shouldn't, but juries don't convict cops on this kind of thing, regardless of the evidence. That's why we had the ugliness of April 26th 1992.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Chauvin looks guilty, and he is guilty. I think he'll get 3rd-degree murder.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

Everyone is entitled to a defense. IMO the video shows without a doubt Chauvin murdered Floyd. In this case, I think the defense is trying to get a hung jury. I have a feeling that's what's going to happen. I'll be surprised if all 12 jurors voted guilty.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

He shouldn't, but juries don't convict cops on this kind of thing, regardless of the evidence. That's why we had the ugliness of April 26th 1992.

He'll get convicted of something. The questions are:

1 - Will it be Murder 3?
2 - If it goes bad for Chauvin in the next few days and he offers to plea to a lesser count, will the prosecution accept it?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

Chauvin wanted to plead to 3rd-degree murder, months ago, but his attorney convinced him not to...
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Chauvin wanted to plead to 3rd-degree murder, months ago, but his attorney convinced him not to...

It was Barr who stopped the plea...

ABC News
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

It was Barr who stopped the plea...

ABC News

Not in Barr's defense, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was prepared to plead guilty to third-degree murder in George Floyd's death before then-Attorney General William Barr personally blocked the plea deal last year, officials said.

The deal would have averted any potential federal charges, including a civil rights offense, as part of an effort to quickly resolve the case to avoid more protests after protests and riots damaged a swath of south Minneapolis, according to two law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the talks. The officials spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the talks.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

I didn't think the defense would cross examine McMillian, the elderly gentlemen who broke down in tears when questioned by the defense.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: