UFC 100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 11992

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Can’t believe this thread is over a decade old!

Is anybody losing interest in the UFC? I have been losing interest slowly but surely for a couple of years now. Haven’t watched in over a year now. When I look at the fighter rankings, I see one commonality: former gatekeepers in multiple divisions are now top contenders. I just think there’s an overall decline in the product in general.

Sounds like I should’ve been watching the card yesterday though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 15313
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27739

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Felt bad for Miocic, but that is the fighting game. You get older and these younger hungry beasts keep getting better.

I thought Stipe tried to wrestle a little less than he should have. You do not go toe to toe with Francis, unless you are a Derrick Lewis.


Feel the same way, and i still think Jon will beat Ngannou.

Thats the fight. I just dont know if jon can withstand too many punches from a guy who basically rag dolled the HW champ. I think francis can take more of jons punishment than the other way around. IMO jon lost his last fight vs. Reyes.

Plus seeing where francis came from I have a hard time believing that he wont at least protect that belt a few times successfully. But thats the fight.

BTW the footage of his home town watching the fight made me happy.


It'll be interesting matchup for sure. I think Francis is going to walk through anything Jon throws on the feet. I think Jon gets a decision win by wrestle-(bleep). We'll see though, I was NOT expecting Francis to be able to keep Stipe from taking him down but sure enough...
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 15313
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k


I actually just don't watch, and the friends who used to buy (that we'd meet up and watch with) haven't bought either.

Feels like besides a couple of marquee events per year, the UFC basically traded their PPV viewership for dollars elsewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4904

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k


I actually just don't watch, and the friends who used to buy (that we'd meet up and watch with) haven't bought either.

Feels like besides a couple of marquee events per year, the UFC basically traded their PPV viewership for dollars elsewhere.

I’m a fan but COVID definitely put a wet blanket on last year. Fights being cancelled. I love the sport hell I don’t miss the prelims. Rogan and DC are 2 of the broadcasters in any sport
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2947

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Felt bad for Miocic, but that is the fighting game. You get older and these younger hungry beasts keep getting better.

I thought Stipe tried to wrestle a little less than he should have. You do not go toe to toe with Francis, unless you are a Derrick Lewis.


Feel the same way, and i still think Jon will beat Ngannou.

Thats the fight. I just dont know if jon can withstand too many punches from a guy who basically rag dolled the HW champ. I think francis can take more of jons punishment than the other way around. IMO jon lost his last fight vs. Reyes.

Plus seeing where francis came from I have a hard time believing that he wont at least protect that belt a few times successfully. But thats the fight.

BTW the footage of his home town watching the fight made me happy.


It'll be interesting matchup for sure. I think Francis is going to walk through anything Jon throws on the feet. I think Jon gets a decision win by wrestle-(bleep). We'll see though, I was NOT expecting Francis to be able to keep Stipe from taking him down but sure enough...


You guys bring up some good points, and Ngannou is definitely the favorite against anyone right now. Jon is the only one where there is a question mark in people's minds depending on which version of Jon shows up imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB