UFC 100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Can’t believe this thread is over a decade old!

Is anybody losing interest in the UFC? I have been losing interest slowly but surely for a couple of years now. Haven’t watched in over a year now. When I look at the fighter rankings, I see one commonality: former gatekeepers in multiple divisions are now top contenders. I just think there’s an overall decline in the product in general.

Sounds like I should’ve been watching the card yesterday though.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Felt bad for Miocic, but that is the fighting game. You get older and these younger hungry beasts keep getting better.

I thought Stipe tried to wrestle a little less than he should have. You do not go toe to toe with Francis, unless you are a Derrick Lewis.

Feel the same way, and i still think Jon will beat Ngannou.

Thats the fight. I just dont know if jon can withstand too many punches from a guy who basically rag dolled the HW champ. I think francis can take more of jons punishment than the other way around. IMO jon lost his last fight vs. Reyes.

Plus seeing where francis came from I have a hard time believing that he wont at least protect that belt a few times successfully. But thats the fight.

BTW the footage of his home town watching the fight made me happy.

It'll be interesting matchup for sure. I think Francis is going to walk through anything Jon throws on the feet. I think Jon gets a decision win by wrestle-(bleep). We'll see though, I was NOT expecting Francis to be able to keep Stipe from taking him down but sure enough...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I've basically lost most interest since they homogenized the product a few years back. Don't think I've paid for a PPV in years.

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k

I actually just don't watch, and the friends who used to buy (that we'd meet up and watch with) haven't bought either.

Feels like besides a couple of marquee events per year, the UFC basically traded their PPV viewership for dollars elsewhere.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Who Pays?. Lols. J/k

I actually just don't watch, and the friends who used to buy (that we'd meet up and watch with) haven't bought either.

Feels like besides a couple of marquee events per year, the UFC basically traded their PPV viewership for dollars elsewhere.

I’m a fan but COVID definitely put a wet blanket on last year. Fights being cancelled. I love the sport hell I don’t miss the prelims. Rogan and DC are 2 of the broadcasters in any sport
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Felt bad for Miocic, but that is the fighting game. You get older and these younger hungry beasts keep getting better.

I thought Stipe tried to wrestle a little less than he should have. You do not go toe to toe with Francis, unless you are a Derrick Lewis.

Feel the same way, and i still think Jon will beat Ngannou.

Thats the fight. I just dont know if jon can withstand too many punches from a guy who basically rag dolled the HW champ. I think francis can take more of jons punishment than the other way around. IMO jon lost his last fight vs. Reyes.

Plus seeing where francis came from I have a hard time believing that he wont at least protect that belt a few times successfully. But thats the fight.

BTW the footage of his home town watching the fight made me happy.

It'll be interesting matchup for sure. I think Francis is going to walk through anything Jon throws on the feet. I think Jon gets a decision win by wrestle-(bleep). We'll see though, I was NOT expecting Francis to be able to keep Stipe from taking him down but sure enough...

You guys bring up some good points, and Ngannou is definitely the favorite against anyone right now. Jon is the only one where there is a question mark in people's minds depending on which version of Jon shows up imo.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Big night. Usman masvidal and zhang rose should be epic. Prelims are free and worth the watch.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Legs kicks ended two fights one more gruesome than the other. They need to ban them IMO
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Masvidal said he didn’t have power. Welp.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Legs kicks ended two fights one more gruesome than the other. They need to ban them IMO

Nope. Just because they look brutal isn't a reason to ban them. Getting the cumulative affects of getting elbowed, kicked and punched in the face is exponentially more damaging than a leg break. It's the fight game.

That said, what a freaking card. Wow...every fight had me jumping out of my seat.

Man, Rose regains her belt. Weidman getting ended in the same way he finished Anderson Silva. Masvidal getting flatlined and stiffening up the same way he did to Ben Askren. We're in a simulation.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

That Weidman broken leg...holy f. I'm not really squeamish but that was something else. His leg looked like a slinky.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Nope. Just because they look brutal isn't a reason to ban them. Getting the cumulative affects of getting elbowed, kicked and punched in the face is exponentially more damaging than a leg break. It's the fight game.

That said, what a freaking card. Wow...every fight had me jumping out of my seat.

Man, Rose regains her belt. Weidman getting ended in the same way he finished Anderson Silva. Masvidal getting flatlined and stiffening up the same way he did to Ben Askren. We're in a simulation.

Best card i've seen in a long time! Thug Rose proved she has the heart (and precision) of a champion. Usman gets respect for the way he handled Masvidal with that crushing right hand, but the Rose/Zhang fight was my favorite of the night. Shevchenko was pretty dominant too though.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Nah, mma fighters just don’t have much in the way of chins.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Usman was like a crocodile pouncing on an unsuspecting deer.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Usman was like a crocodile pouncing on an unsuspecting deer.

He’s gotten so much better with room to grow. Covington fight should be awesome.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I didn't know about this..

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2
June 12, 2021
Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
https://www.espn.com/mma/fightcenter/_/id/600005882/league/ufc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: