General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 489, 490, 491 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

That can end really poorly for Garcia. Take your time kid...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

Juan Estrada 41-3 vs Roman "Chocolatito Gonzales 50-2 tonight on DAZN. I want to see how much of the old Chocolatito exists. I don't know where it's airing other than DAZN and IPTV. I have Eminence and XCIPTV so I can watch it there. I also have DAZN. I got it so I could watch Canelo and Fury fights.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Man, Camelot got nobody left, not even Triple G (I mean I’d still watch it but not hyped like the previous ones), Andre Ward maybe? Like rocky V?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, Camelot got nobody left, not even Triple G (I mean I’d still watch it but not hyped like the previous ones), Andre Ward maybe? Like rocky V?

David Benavides
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Luis Pabón had the easiest job ever for a referee. There were no clinches for 12 rounds. Both fighters threw punches bell to bell. I had it 7 5 Gonzalez. Estrada won on two cards. If you like continuous action you'll like this fight. LINK

SCORE CARDS

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

Floyd's coming back AGAIN! It's another PPV exhibition. He's fighting Logan Paul on June 6 at Hard Rock Stadium in Florida. I wonder how much Floyd will make? How many will pay to see the circus? I know I won't.

Canelo Alvarez is fighting Billy Joe Sanders tonight on DAZN. Some fans are calling Sanders a tomato can and saying Canelo's ducking fighters like

ARTUR BETERBIEV
Record: 15-0 (15 KOs)
Weight class: light heavyweight

DMITRY BIVOL
Record: 17-0 (11 KOs)

JERMALL CHARLO
Record: 31-0 (22 KOs)
Weight class: Middleweight

DEMETRIUS ANDRADE
Record: 29-0 (18 KOs)

DAVID BENAVIDEZ
Record: 23-0, 20 KOs
Weight class: super middleweight

I'd like to see him fight Charlo.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat May 08, 2021 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Billy Joe bout to get knocked out
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Watching Canelo vs Billy Joe. The fight is at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Not many wearing masks. If I have it right there are 70,000 in attendance. Hope the fight doesn't cause a spike.

Prelim Aguilera is claiming foul in the 6th round. It was a glancing blow that landed on his shoulder and lightly tapped him in the back of the head. He was getting his ass kicked by Sanchez. I think he was faking. They went to the scorecards, Sanchez won a unanimous decision.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Floyd's coming back AGAIN! It's another PPV exhibition. He's fighting Logan Paul on June 6 at Hard Rock Stadium in Florida. I wonder how much Floyd will make? How many will pay to see the circus? I know I won't.

Canelo Alvarez is fighting Billy Joe Sanders tonight on DAZN. Some fans are calling Sanders a tomato can and saying Canelo's ducking fighters like

ARTUR BETERBIEV
Record: 15-0 (15 KOs)

DMITRY BIVOL
Record: 17-0 (11 KOs)

JERMALL CHARLO
Record: 31-0 (22 KOs)

DEMETRIUS ANDRADE
Record: 29-0 (18 KOs)

DAVID BENAVIDEZ
Record: 23-0, 20 KOs
Weight class: super middleweight

I'd like to see him fight Charlo.

Charlo is the fight to make, but Canelo has no advantages in that fight in terms of size/weight/age/power/etc (so that fight will never happen). Similar situation applies to the Benavidez fight. Andrade is unproven, and i do not think he can beat Canelo. Not impressed with Bivol. Beterbiev would have been a good one if he were not closing in on 40 years old when Canelo plans to fight him (next year)...similar to the Kovalev "strategy."

These days, the best fights seem to come at the lower weight classes (i.e., Teofimo vs. Loma) while the higher weight class fighters in boxing seem content to milk the sport and the fans using (bleep) fights or ones that are way past their expiration date. With that said, will be watching to see how long BJ Saunders can last tonight.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Watching Canelo vs Billy Joe. The fight is at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Not many wearing masks. If I have it right there are 70,000 in attendance. Hope the fight doesn't cause a spike.

Prelim Aguilera is claiming foul in the 6th round. It was a glancing blow that landed on his shoulder and lightly tapped him in the back of the head. He was getting his ass kicked by Sanchez. I think he was faking. They went to the scorecards, Sanchez won a unanimous decision.

Clear dive by the guy who fought like a bum. He did not get touched at all to the back of the head.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Watching Canelo vs Billy Joe. The fight is at T&T Stadium. . Not many wearing masks. If I have it right there are 70,000 in attendance. Hope the fight doesn't cause a spike.

Clear dive by the guy who fought like a bum. He did not get touched at all to the back of the head.

Sooner or later I'll get where the fight is right. It's at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

good fight through 6.....it is either 3-3 or 4-2
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Billy Joe has a tough 8th round, and does not come out for the 9th round....not sure what happened except Canelo is the winner.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Billy Joe has a tough 8th round, and does not come out for the 9th round....not sure what happened except Canelo is the winner.

Canelo broke his eye socket, orbital bone, He couldn't see.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

whipped the crowd into a frenzy in the 8th then cracked an eye socket, beast
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

whipped the crowd into a frenzy in the 8th then cracked an eye socket, beast

So much so, people are clamoring for him to fight career light heavy weights when he started at light welter weight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Canelo said he wants his next fight to be against Caleb Plant (21 0 12KO). Caleb has a 4" reach and 5" height advantage. He has to fight tall and use those advantages. In order for Saul to win he has to get inside.

I think this will be like the second GGG fight. Canelo will get inside and work Plant. I think his 0 will go.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Expected result for Canelo, and looks like the 22 foot ring did not help BJ, who did not win more than one round from what i saw.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Expected result for Canelo, and looks like the 22 foot ring did not help BJ, who did not win more than one round from what i saw.

Score Cards

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Score Cards

I had it 5-3.....and I have seen some articles today where a couple people even had it 4-4. It was all technical though as I never thought there was any sign that Billy Joe hurt Canelo in the slightest.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Score Cards

I had it 5-3.....and I have seen some articles today where a couple people even had it 4-4. It was all technical though as I never thought there was any sign that Billy Joe hurt Canelo in the slightest.

Saunders clowned around too much. He's smarter in the ring than Canelo. It showed as the fight went on.
He kinda reminded me of a matador. But he got careless and forgot rule 1. Don't get hit by the bull.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Score Cards

Shoe shine punches do not count in my book. Plenty of people have no clue (including the judges) when scoring, so i am not surprised people thought a fight was close where one guy got literally battered until his face was broken.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Score Cards

Shoe shine punches do not count in my book. Plenty of people have no clue (including the judges) when scoring, so i am not surprised people thought a fight was close where one guy got literally battered until his face was broken.

BadGuy You know you my peeps but I gotta disagree with ya on this one.

If you don't hit hard, but hit so often, it adds up to hard
. You're against MoneyMay's approach, hit and don't get hit. I appreciate the art of boxing.

I gave BJ 2 rounds because he outboxed Canelo. However, if Canelo hadn't broken his eye socket he was starting to get to him. It was just a matter of time. Sanders went into the fight with a boxers chance. If it had gone the distance it may have been close on the scorecards.

Judging is suspect.

In a round where one fighter lands 25 light punches the other lands 1 staggering blow. Some judges give the round to the fighter who landed the most punches others give it to the fighter who landed the one staggering blow. I give it to the fighter who landed the most punches.

Which is fair?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Score Cards

BadGuy You know you my peeps but I gotta disagree with ya on this one.

If you don't hit hard, but hit so often, it adds up to hard
. You're against MoneyMay's approach, hit and don't get hit. I appreciate the art of boxing.

I gave BJ 2 rounds because he outboxed Canelo. However, if Canelo hadn't broken his eye socket he was starting to get to him. It was just a matter of time. Sanders went into the fight with a boxers chance. If it had gone the distance it may have been close on the scorecards.

Judging is suspect.

In a round where one fighter lands 25 light punches the other lands 1 staggering blow. Some judges give the round to the fighter who landed the most punches others give it to the fighter who landed the one staggering blow. I give it to the fighter who landed the most punches.

Which is fair?

The difference with Mayweather is that he is hitting people numerous times (with accuracy) and not getting touched at all. BJ, on the other hand, had terrible accuracy and was getting lit up (and hurt) throughout the fight while basically running and holding throughout. Outside of one round, i did not see BJ as throwing enough effective punches (while not getting hit as much) to warrant him getting the nod for the round. Mayweather's performance against Canelo vs. BJ's is "night and day" imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 489, 490, 491 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 490 of 514
Jump to: