OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Dude is so mentally weak He's lost right now. Someone on that team needs to pat him on the back and tell him it's gonna be alright.

Kiss my Converse.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Would be nice if KCP would show up again.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

KCP is still shooting 42.4% for the year from 3. How many guys in this league have won a ring as the 3rd option starter wing, who defends multiple positions (he was taking 2s, 1s and 3s last year depending on who Bron took) make 12M a year? We are getting exactly what we paid for, IMO.

This stretch without AD, you can already tell he is trying to do more. A guy like KCP will have 3-11 nights. What you do not want with AD needing a month off, is to have him go 0-2 or 1-5 type of nights, I liked he stayed aggressive yesterday.

For sure it is frustrating he has gone M.I.A. in some games, but I just want him to stay aggressive in this stretch without AD. 3-11 I can live with. 1-5 or 2-6 with your 2nd superstar out, I can not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

KCP last 15 games:

7ppg
1.3apg
33% from 3 (on 3.6 attempts)
26.5mpg.

This is not just a small slump. He had a hot start, which is really inflating his otherwise poor start.

First 10 games (missed 4 games)

12.7ppg
1.4apg
53.5% from 3 (3.8 attempts)
23mpg.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject:

Yes, so even Lebron is shooting the 3 poorly after the hot start. Same with AD, his entire season has been a poor 3 point shooting slump.

3 point shooting comes and goes. I care that KCP is ready in the big games. Yesterday to me was a big game, as it was the first one without AD and a team that we should have beaten even without AD. So, KCP stepped up. Took 11 shots and looked active. Sure he missed open looks, but those will come.

I care that we basically got someone who is still shooting the ball on a net average better than Danny Green. And we have Wesley too. These guys are not elite shooters. So they will have spells during the season of ups and downs. Right now it's a slump.

But with KCP what pisses me off is when he just vanishes. Yesterday he did not. He did not shoot well, but he was aggressive. I see a championship role ball player. He did the same thing in the NBA Finals. He was not on, but he just turned on the aggression at the right time as it was needed. I trust this guy. He makes the right plays when it counts. He steps up the aggression ten fold at the right time. That AD/Bron/KCP/Caruso, chemistry, you just can not teach that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

I trust KCP will bounce back, but let’s not sugar coat his play right now. He’s been flat out abysmal for a month now. His very hot start is hiding just how how terrible his past month has been. I didn’t expect him to keep up how he started the season, but I do expect more than he’s been providing lately.

His last 10 games are worse than any 10 game stretch he had last season, and that includes when everyone was dumping on him early in the year.

His last 10 games:

6 ppg
34% FG
25% from 3
.5 steals

Since his blistering 7 3’s game vs the Bucks he’s made more than one 3 in a game only once and had multiple games where he hasn’t made any. He’s had six straight games and 10 of his last 13 where he hasn’t scored more than 8 points.

I do think he will find his way again and get back to where should be, but he’s been absolutely horrible for the past month.

Last edited by trmiv on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

I won’t turn my back on KCP again. Where’s Dwight to defend him? Hehe
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

KCP can redeem himself with a big game against BKN. We all know he goes through these horrible stretches and hot stretches.

Time for the next hot streak (please)
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

KCP has to learn to do different things offensively. I remember when the great Kobe Bean Bryant hurt his right hand, or wrist, which ever. Did he miss games? No. The guy just taught himself to shoot left handed.

KCP is a professional athlete. If his 3 pointer is not working, expand your game and do different things. Work the midrange, start cutting more. If nothing else, become a defensive monster. Do something to contribute.

The most recent example of someone expanding his game to contribute is Kuzma, who was stinking up the place until he decided to do other thing that be a volume scorer. KCP has to diversify his game. Otherwise, he needs to be traded or benched.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

I think teams saw KCP's hot 3 point shooting start and then decided to guard him at the 3. He even said that this year, he's getting more contested looks at 3 and teams are keeping an eye on him there.

I agree with Troy. Find some counter moves. He's uber quick and should be able to at least do a fake, 1-2 dribble pull up (I don't want to see him dribbling any more than that ).
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think teams saw KCP's hot 3 point shooting start and then decided to guard him at the 3. He even said that this year, he's getting more contested looks at 3 and teams are keeping an eye on him there.

I agree with Troy. Find some counter moves. He's uber quick and should be able to at least do a fake, 1-2 dribble pull up (I don't want to see him dribbling any more than that ).

He’s been bricking his fair share of wide open looks during this slump too. And a ton of odd errors defensively. It’s like he’s got the yips or something.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if they gave Wes the starting job to see how it goes. Let KCP work on the yips from the bench, though that leaves us awfully thin at the backup SF spot as Kuz is starting, and KCP is only 6'4/6'5 and has a wispy frame to boot.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KCP last 15 games:

7ppg
1.3apg
33% from 3 (on 3.6 attempts)
26.5mpg.

This is not just a small slump. He had a hot start, which is really inflating his otherwise poor start.

First 10 games (missed 4 games)

12.7ppg
1.4apg
53.5% from 3 (3.8 attempts)
23mpg.

Flash of brilliance (the NBA finals) between periods of PROLONGED slumps. Nothing surprising but he seems afraid to shoot the ball now and essentially useless on the floor. Probably best to bench him so he could recover mentally.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 am    Post subject:

35mins only 5 shots as a starter while short handed...? It look like he trying to protect that percentage.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject:

Without AD our MLE and up salaries need to be able to drop double digits pts consistently, looking at u KCP
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject:

Been weak sauce the past six weeks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Been weak sauce the past six weeks.

Not arguing the man has been struggling and needs to be better. As the entire team does, no one gets a free pass for this stretch of inconsistent play we have been witness to the past several weeks.

But let’s not overlook the tiny things KCP does that add up over the course of a game. The defensive pressure, the effort getting back on breaks. His steal that closed out the game last night. It is not just about the 3 pt %.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

KCP is a role player that will be much more effective when the Lakers get AD back and solve their C position problem.

I see KCP as a fringe starter/bench player... who happened to get hot in the playoffs that led to solidifying his role as a starter.

Had Avery Bradley joined the Lakers in the bubble, I doubt KCP would be the Lakers starting SG today.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

KCP showed signs that he may be working his way out of what seems like a season - long slump.

14 points on 5-8 shooting (3-4 from three, 1-1 FT) 4 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block and no fouls in 21 minutes. He was a +9.

If he continues to perform at this level we are in good shape moving forward.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KCP showed signs that he may be working his way out of what seems like a season - long slump.

14 points on 5-8 shooting (3-4 from three, 1-1 FT) 4 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block and no fouls in 21 minutes. He was a +9.

Goes to show that if KCP hits his shots, Lakers will blowout any team as the paint will get open for guys like Bron, Harell, DS, THT and Kuz.

Good thing I am confident that he will get his groove in the playoffs, he had already proven it.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Goes to show that if KCP hits his shots, Lakers will blowout any team as the paint will get open for guys like Bron, Harell, DS, THT and Kuz.

Good thing I am confident that he will get his groove in the playoffs, he had already proven it.

Seriously. It has been so hard on offense with the team shooting so poorly.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Fans usually get frustrated because he can have a good game like last night but then comeback the next game and have 8 points in like 2-8 shooting.. that’s when frustration mounts.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Just a shame he never developed the ability to create for himself. Could have been special if he had.

This would help offset games where his 3pt shot is not falling.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Fans usually get frustrated because he can have a good game like last night but then comeback the next game and have 8 points in like 2-8 shooting.. that’s when frustration mounts.

Appreciate his contribution but would anyone be surprised if KCP is traded as part of salary manipulation to keep Schroeder?

He has become so dispensable versus THT, Schroeder, and Caruso etc. Wes has been equally bad but at least costs nothing to keep.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

this is why I felt all summer he was worth no more than about MLE money. Outside of a hot streak for the first couple weeks he is not standing out at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 175 of 182
Jump to: