Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Saric was the main reason we lost today, and we refused to put a taller guy on him was a bad adjustment

Kuz would have been the perfect guy...

Jones too.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

This game was lost when Vogel chose to “feature” Jared Dudley at the end of the 3rd quarter.

What’s worse, even after seeing him clank a 3 and get stuffed on a drive, Vogel chooses to start him in the 4th.

This loss hangs on Vogel. Awful rotations, just awful.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Suns shot a ridiculous 16-29 from 3.

Lakers actually shot around their season average 11-31.

A game I figured the team would lose without AD, but then with no Gasol and no Kuz this looked like a sure L.

With all that team was still in it for most of the game. What really got me were some strange lineups by Vog. Its wierd cuz Duds was a +9...but problem was, I believe he did that in the first half, and added nothing to that in the second as the Lakers trailed. They needed to make a push and just never could. Constant get close, but not get over the hump in second half.

For this game, I really think Vog just didnt do a good job getting the right mix out there. Team also hurt themselves with some "3 stooges offense" moments (e.g. the last minute of the game just as an example).

Suns scoring was really balanced which didnt help. Their entire starting lineup shot over 50% - CP3 was only guy who didnt shoot well.

The thing puzzles me is why Vogel starts Trezz and played him only 18 minutes....
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

Rob, can you orchestrate a trade and kinda take out the trash?

Jeanie, can you ask Kidd if he's ready to take over?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Worst game for Schro and Trez to have a bad game... Specially being short handed like tonight. We brought those two in for nights like tonight.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker fans won’t hear the end of this. Losing this game even with Booker ejected

Umm, Lakers were without AD, Gasol, and Kuz...so, its not like it shoulda been a walk in the park.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
No THT and you have Matthews down the stretch? Come on Vogel

What? Matthews made two huge defensive plays to help give us a chance. I know we pile on him but we needed stops and he did that
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
No THT and you have Matthews down the stretch? Come on Vogel

What? Matthews made two huge defensive plays to help give us a chance. I know we pile on him but we needed stops and he did that

Defense was the least of our problems when we needed a offensive boost from someone, Matthews shouldn’t have been in the game despite key defensive stops.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

A game I figured the team would lose without AD, but then with no Gasol and no Kuz this looked like a sure L.

With all that team was still in it for most of the game. What really got me were some strange lineups by Vog. Its wierd cuz Duds was a +9...but problem was, I believe he did that in the first half, and added nothing to that in the second as the Lakers trailed. They needed to make a push and just never could. Constant get close, but not get over the hump in second half.

For this game, I really think Vog just didnt do a good job getting the right mix out there. Team also hurt themselves with some "3 stooges offense" moments (e.g. the last minute of the game just as an example).

Suns scoring was really balanced which didnt help. Their entire starting lineup shot over 50% - CP3 was only guy who didnt shoot well.

The thing puzzles me is why Vogel starts Trezz and played him only 18 minutes....

I honestly think Vog just had no clue what he was doing when faced with Gasol and Kuz out. The smart move is simply - Hey Jones, youre the new big, go start for Gasol. Hey Trez, you remain as the active guy in the middle for the bench.

Nope. He has consistently shown that he needs at least 1 game to make adjustments. He is terrible / awful at in-game adjustments, dating back to last year.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Vogel have no clue on how to use Trez or he simply just dont like him....

I understand starting him since Gasol/Kuz/AD is out... No way he starts Jones over him. But with his offensive skills no excuse the guy was only able to get 4 shots off... While you have guys who are bricking all over the court getting shots.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Actually, I'm curious to hear why Vogel decided to start Trezz
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Killer_Z wrote:
This game was lost when Vogel chose to “feature” Jared Dudley at the end of the 3rd quarter.

What’s worse, even after seeing him clank a 3 and get stuffed on a drive, Vogel chooses to start him in the 4th.

This loss hangs on Vogel. Awful rotations, just awful.

Agreed. It was a winnable game and Vog is just clueless with how to use the roster at times.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

My issue with Vogel is that he rewards guys too much. Dudley should never get that much time against a top team unless there’s hardly anyone left. KCP does not deserve to be a starter. I will continue to have an issue with this coach until he stops rewarding bad play
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Another loss to a tough playoff team. This is getting very predictable. Win all the games we're supposed to win and lose all ones we're not expected to win. I mean it's great that we're gonna make the playoffs at this rate but we're not playing to make the playoffs. I guess we're gonna win the 1st round and then lose in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs because the 2nd or 3rd round is when we'll most likely play against opponents we've been losing to.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

I understand starting him since Gasol/Kuz/AD is out... No way he starts Jones over him. But with his offensive skills no excuse the guy was only able to get 4 shots off... While you have guys who are bricking all over the court getting shots.

I actually completely disagree with your take. He is a guy who comes off the bench and provides a punch around the basket. Team did just fine before with defensive bigs starting. Having Trez start v Ayton/ Booker just meant he'd have guys shooting over him or by him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Vogel doesn’t like Harrell I mentioned it a couple of games ago...something needs to get worked out between both or there is gonna be issues in the locker room.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

Bad coaching and rotations by Vogel tonight...Trez starts and only plays 18min! I don’t care if his screen and roll offense is bad...

Here’s the thing if you plan on losing at least play the 10-Day who has the size and athleticism to make a difference and try to stay as close to your rotations as possible...

One thing I definitely was sold on tonight and that’s Wesley Matthews and KCP need to be packaged in a trade for anybody!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Kobetan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Actually, I'm curious to hear why Vogel decided to start Trezz

Simple no AD/Gasol/Kuz... Jones was questionable for tonight's game. Trezz deserved to start over him.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

I actually completely disagree with your take. He is a guy who comes off the bench and provides a punch around the basket. Team did just fine before with defensive bigs starting. Having Trez start v Ayton/ Booker just meant he'd have guys shooting over him or by him.

This. Could have just started Jones and then bring in Trez early or slide Lebron over, let Cacok use some fouls. Should have matched up Trez with Saric as much as possible.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

IF we started Jones and still lost... You guys be blaming Vogel for starting Jones... Trez has earned the next man up as a starter with AD/Gasol/Kuz all out. He is the back up Center. Jones was just signed and hurt coming into tonights game. No way he starts.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Someone said KCP has a no trade clause. Is that true?
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

IF we started Jones and still lost... You guys be blaming Vogel for starting Jones... Trez has earned the next man up as a starter with AD/Gasol/Kuz all out. He is the back up Center. Jones was just signed and hurt coming into tonights game. No way he starts.

Help me understand why we had Duds in there trying to front Saric instead of playing Trez?
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vogel doesn’t like Harrell I mentioned it a couple of games ago...something needs to get worked out between both or there is gonna be issues in the locker room.

I kinda agree with this too. I don’t think Harrell helps himself. There was a play last game where he had deep post position and THT ignored him to drive and scored a layup. Trez was clearly annoyed with him and Vogel was watching the entire interaction closely. Shortly after he was pulled.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Help me understand why we had Duds in there trying to front Saric instead of playing Trez?

That had me confused too... Can't save Vogel on that one.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Trez should beast inside but Vogel for the most part has no idea how to get him going. Trez has to just get effort points most of the time. Doc Rivers was much better at getting him going.

But we know Vogel is a offensively challenged coach
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41
Jump to: