THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3040, 3041, 3042 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Dave Weigel @daveweigel (Washington Post - covering CPAC)

Met Ken, who informed me that Trump is still in command of the military, and Trump will be inaugurated again on March 20. (Biden is acting as president as a ruse while the Pope and others are rounded up.)

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1366105390920966149

Apparently the Pope was a liberal plant by Obama and Hillary...

It's going to be interesting to hear how that whole narrative gets rewritten on the 21st.

The 4th...of July...that's when Trump will really liberate America: Just you wait!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Dave Weigel @daveweigel (Washington Post - covering CPAC)

Met Ken, who informed me that Trump is still in command of the military, and Trump will be inaugurated again on March 20. (Biden is acting as president as a ruse while the Pope and others are rounded up.)

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1366105390920966149

Apparently the Pope was a liberal plant by Obama and Hillary...

It's going to be interesting to hear how that whole narrative gets rewritten on the 21st.

The 4th...of July...that's when Trump will really liberate America: Just you wait!

Many dimwitted Trumpsters will believe that BS. I'm seeing a dumbed down America. It's dumber than I thought. Fortunately we elected the right man for the job at this juncture. We're on the comeback trail.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

influencing judges ? making money from international dictators ? having immense political sway in conservative politics ? discrepancies in campaign finances? claiming he never committed the slightest act of corruption? And, on his third wife ? hmmmm....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-french-president-nicolas-sarkozy-134947333.html

Nicolas Sarkozy’s Scandals Finally Land Him in Prison

"Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been found guilty of influence peddling for attempting to bribe a judge. "

"Sarko, who still retains immense political sway in French conservative politics, was, for a time, tied to the deposed and now dead Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi for whom he spent a night in a Paris jail after being arrested for taking as much as $60 million from the dictator. The cash was reportedly smuggled into France in suitcases with the help of a Franco-Lebanese businessman named Ziad Takieddine who dished about the weight of the currency to the French press. "
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

It'll just change to something else to explain why this is all a part of the plan, or it actually happened and this is just keeping up appearances. Hell, what they're saying right now is a result of how it got rewritten after January 20.

For more examples, see all the religious leaders who predicted the rapture at a specific time, and then moved the goalpost when they and their congregations were shocked to find out the world still existed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Many dimwitted Trumpsters will believe that BS. I'm seeing a dumbed down America. It's dumber than I thought. Fortunately we elected the right man for the job at this juncture. We're on the comeback trail.

As much as I already had a low opinion of the intelligence and critical thinking ability of Americans at large, and as much as I understand about the psychology of cognitive processes and failures and the way people rationalize and deal with cognitive dissonance, I'm still blown away about what people trapped in these things think & believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

Underestimating the other person's stupidity can greatly affect oneself.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Litigation Tracker: Pending Criminal and Civil Cases Against Donald Trump

(Snipped for length)

Here's hoping the list grows ever longer. And let the the indictments and convictions roll.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

Just my .02, but I don’t think Trump cares about being president still or again so much as he cares about being adored, worshipped (and the presidency’s pomp and power had important people bending and scraping and calling him sir—a favorite element of his anecdotes), enriched, and protected from jail. Notice how he didn’t really use the power of the presidency to accomplish much on an official level. He’s too lazy to even want to be a legit king. A lot of this stuff he’s doing right now are for the latter two purposes.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Georgia Republicans didn’t like losing, so they decided to cheat. Lots of stuff targeted directly at black voters here.

Quote:
Voting restrictions bill passes Georgia House over strong opposition

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-house-to-vote-on-election-restrictions-amid-staunch-opposition/46SNHMIYGZGMZDG5KLGHAB6NQ4/

Quote:
Limits Sunday voting to one optional Sunday in each county

Reduces ballot drop boxes by requiring them to be located inside early voting locations

Requires a driver’s license number, state ID number or copy of photo ID to vote absentee

Sets a deadline to request absentee ballots 11 days before Election Day

Disqualifies provisional ballots cast in the wrong precinct

Bans outside funding of elections from nonprofit organizations

Prohibits governments from mailing unsolicited absentee ballot applications

Creates instant-runoff voting for military and overseas voters

Schedules runoffs four weeks after election day rather than the current nine weeks

Prevents free food and drinks for voters waiting in line to vote

Restricts early voting buses to emergencies
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

RepubliKKKans keeping Jim Crow alive in GA.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Biden should make voting day a national holiday
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Cuomo is a sleazebag serial sexual harasser and I hope he's forced out and prosecuted/sued if appropriate.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Andrew Cuomo is a sleazebag serial sexual harasser and I hope he's forced out and prosecuted/sued if appropriate.

Example number 9,999+ why "both sides are the same" is BS. Those of us on the left and/or in the Democrat Party believe in holding everyone accountable for their actions, regardless of affiliation.

Republicans? Not at all.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Cuomo is a white male, so the worst that will happen to him is he'll resign.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Just my .02, but I don’t think Trump cares about being president still or again so much as he cares about being adored, worshipped (and the presidency’s pomp and power had important people bending and scraping and calling him sir—a favorite element of his anecdotes), enriched, and protected from jail. Notice how he didn’t really use the power of the presidency to accomplish much on an official level. He’s too lazy to even want to be a legit king. A lot of this stuff he’s doing right now are for the latter two purposes.

I get your point. But I guarantee he wants the power of the presidency back very much - not because of what he could do with it on a policy level, but because of what he could do with it to benefit himself, and more importantly get away with. Sure, he likes the adulation he has received from the Right, but the adulation is nothing without the power he has tasted. It was a highly addictive drug to him and he wants that rush back.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I get your point. But I guarantee he wants the power of the presidency back very much - not because of what he could do with it on a policy level, but because of what he could do with it to benefit himself, and more importantly get away with. Sure, he likes the adulation he has received from the Right, but the adulation is nothing without the power he has tasted. It was a highly addictive drug to him and he wants that rush back.

Yeah, I was commenting how he doesn’t want power to do anything particular with it, just to have and bask in it. He’s Caligula.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump both received the Covid-19 vaccine. They just didn’t tell anyone about it.

Trump and Melania got the vaccine all the way back in January, when they were still living in the White House. The news is more than a little frustrating considering the impact a public show of faith in the safety of the vaccine could have had on his supporters, who as it turns out are disproportionately hesitant to inoculate themselves.

Still, it’s unclear exactly why Trump didn’t care to announce that he had been vaccinated in January. Maybe he understood that many of his supporters were anti-vaxxers and he didn’t want to betray them. Maybe he thought it would come across like he was giving into liberal propaganda. Maybe, as is the simple explanation for most of what confounds us about Trump, he’s just a huge (bleep).

Of course he did
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Example number 9,999+ why "both sides are the same" is BS. Those of us on the left and/or in the Democrat Party believe in holding everyone accountable for their actions, regardless of affiliation.

Republicans? Not at all.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Former President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump both received the Covid-19 vaccine. They just didn’t tell anyone about it.

Trump and Melania got the vaccine all the way back in January, when they were still living in the White House. The news is more than a little frustrating considering the impact a public show of faith in the safety of the vaccine could have had on his supporters, who as it turns out are disproportionately hesitant to inoculate themselves.

Still, it’s unclear exactly why Trump didn’t care to announce that he had been vaccinated in January. Maybe he understood that many of his supporters were anti-vaxxers and he didn’t want to betray them. Maybe he thought it would come across like he was giving into liberal propaganda. Maybe, as is the simple explanation for most of what confounds us about Trump, he’s just a huge (bleep).

Of course he did

Someone should just ask him point-blank in front of his loony supporters.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

Someone should just ask him point-blank in front of his loony supporters.

Surprised it didn't leak out of his arm like the fluid from a foot blister.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Biden to announce ‘historic partnership’: Merck will help make Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine, officials say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/03/02/merck-johnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-partnership/

Quote:
President Biden will announce Tuesday that pharmaceutical giant Merck will help make Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot coronavirus vaccine — an unusual pact between fierce competitors that could sharply boost the supply of the newly authorized vaccine, according to senior administration officials.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a matter that has not been announced, said they began scouring the country for additional manufacturing capacity after they realized in the first days of the administration that Johnson & Johnson had fallen behind in vaccine production. They soon sought to broker a deal with Merck, one of the world’s largest vaccine makers, which had failed to develop its own coronavirus vaccine.

Wow proactive leadership in helping us get out of this pandemic. Amazing what happens when competent people run the country. This NEVER would have happened under Donald “Bestest Dealmaker Ever” Trump.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Quote:
Biden to announce ‘historic partnership’: Merck will help make Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine, officials say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/03/02/merck-johnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-partnership/

Quote:
President Biden will announce Tuesday that pharmaceutical giant Merck will help make Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot coronavirus vaccine — an unusual pact between fierce competitors that could sharply boost the supply of the newly authorized vaccine, according to senior administration officials.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a matter that has not been announced, said they began scouring the country for additional manufacturing capacity after they realized in the first days of the administration that Johnson & Johnson had fallen behind in vaccine production. They soon sought to broker a deal with Merck, one of the world’s largest vaccine makers, which had failed to develop its own coronavirus vaccine.

Wow proactive leadership in helping us get out of this pandemic. Amazing what happens when competent people run the country. This NEVER would have happened under Donald “Bestest Dealmaker Ever” Trump.

I feel like this is the first time 'defense production act' is being used... now supply teachers/cops/firefighters/grocery workers/other frontliners with weekly N95 until cases are low enough to be properly contact trace (I'm sure over 1 year is enough time to convert some of US factories to do this)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Republicans? Not at all.

He should resign if proven true to sexually harras, jail if proven sexually assault... what a drop, from talked about being DNC pres ticket last year to this
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

Can I crowdsource something here? In the previous stimulus bill, wasn't there some controversy around some of the funds being "hidden?" That ring a bell for anyone?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Trumpism is like a region now. it's way more than the GOP. His supporters don't care the brand name of GOP, it has served its purpose, which was to bring Trumpism mainstream. you can't reason and convert religious nuts, unfortunately same can be apply to Trumpism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3040, 3041, 3042 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3041 of 3663
Jump to: