Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Must be nice giving out contracts they have no intention of ever seeing thru the entire 14 years.

Tatis Jr hasn’t even played 162 games! And they had 4 years of control left! This contract is a huge risk, and they can’t eat it if it goes south. It could also end up being a huge bargain too if he maintains his trajectory, but still, wow!

Saw this on Reddit:
Quote:
Yasiel Puig had a 151 OPS+ and 5.9 WAR/650 after 252 games aged 23. If the Dodgers had signed him on this deal then, they would still owe him money through 2028. Stuff happens.

Him and his agent played it smart. They retained a no trade clause in his contract so if the Padres fortunes go south in the future, he will be able to dictate which teams he can go to. So now he has financial security for the next 14 years and will most likely go to a winning team if things on the Padres go south.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject:

I saw that Acuña and Albies took team friendly deals in order to be more competitive and it looks like it might work out. They were 1 win away from the World Series and added Charlie Morton so I’d say they have a pretty good chance of making a few more CS’s at least.

I did see Bauer and his agent criticizing the agent getting 5% of Tatis’ contract when they only had to work for a few months and won’t have to lift a finger for the next 14 years. They’re pushing for paying the agent hourly; for the work they’re actually doing instead of a flat percentage. I think eventually things will go that route but right now everyone is gonna call them crazy because change is something that takes way longer in baseball than most other things.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject:

^
I realize that Ronald Acuna is set for life if he doesn't squander his money, but that deal was insanely good for the Braves. Acuna probably undersold himself by $50-75MM in that deal of 8 years. In that case, I truly believe the money wasn't enough to have accepted such a deal. I mean, he's one of the first players anyone would mention if you were starting a franchise. His free agency years have to be worth at least $35MM a year, so he's practically playing all of his pre-arb and arb years for free. I know it doesn't work like that, but he really undersold himself.

Now, with Tatis, even if you can argue that he could have made more money over the course of 14 years if he had taken it to free agency, you can't turn down THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY MILLION DOLLARS lol.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
#Dodgers pitcher David Price says he started his season prep a little earlier than usual. Added that he feels further along than he usually does in spring training

https://mobile.twitter.com/juanctoribio/status/1362805386152210433
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Westgate has the Dodgers over-under season total at 103.5 and William Hill at 104.5. Wow.

That ties the 99 Yankees for the highest total since 1990.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Westgate has the Dodgers over-under season total at 103.5 and William Hill at 104.5. Wow.

That ties the 99 Yankees for the highest total since 1990.

On paper we have the talent for 110 wins but injuries and WS hangover may have us hover around 100 wins or so.

Only NL comp to us is Padres and Braves, to a lesser extent Cards and Mets.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rangers acquire righty Sborz from Dodgers

The Rangers added another pitching piece on Tuesday, when the club announced it acquired right-handed pitcher Josh Sborz from the Dodgers for Minor League righty Jhan Zambrano.

Sborz was designated for assignment on Feb. 11 once the Dodgers signed pitcher Trevor Bauer.

Sborz -- a second-round pick by the Dodgers in the 2015 MLB Draft -- made his Major League debut on June 20, 2019, and has pitched 13 1/3 innings over two seasons in Los Angeles. He didn’t appear during the Dodgers’ postseason run to the World Series title after making four appearances in the '20 regular season, posting a 2.08 ERA. He averaged 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings in the Minors and recorded a 4.55 ERA in Triple-A.

Looks like a wasted 2nd rd pick. Oh well. At least we got Walker Buehler with our 1st rd pick that year.

Sborz was the no. 74 pick that year.

Tampa Bay took Brandon Lowe with the no. 87 pick.

Garrett Cleavinger, who we just acquired was the no. 102 pick.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

The Rangers added another pitching piece on Tuesday, when the club announced it acquired right-handed pitcher Josh Sborz from the Dodgers for Minor League righty Jhan Zambrano.

Sborz was designated for assignment on Feb. 11 once the Dodgers signed pitcher Trevor Bauer.

Sborz -- a second-round pick by the Dodgers in the 2015 MLB Draft -- made his Major League debut on June 20, 2019, and has pitched 13 1/3 innings over two seasons in Los Angeles. He didn’t appear during the Dodgers’ postseason run to the World Series title after making four appearances in the '20 regular season, posting a 2.08 ERA. He averaged 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings in the Minors and recorded a 4.55 ERA in Triple-A.

Looks like a wasted 2nd rd pick. Oh well. At least we got Walker Buehler with our 1st rd pick that year.

The Dodgers have so many more hits than misses with their early-round draft picks over the last decade or so. We've done incredibly well, and our most recent draft classes have been lauded by the industry too. Let's hope dudes like Hoese and Busch and Miller and Knack and Beeter pay off.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

The Dodgers have so many more hits than misses with their early-round draft picks over the last decade or so. We've done incredibly well, and our most recent draft classes have been lauded by the industry too. Let's hope dudes like Hoese and Busch and Miller and Knack and Beeter pay off.

Yup no doubt.

It just sucks seeing a high draft pick not contribute at all.

I didn’t realize Sborz was drafted that high.

Yeah Busch is a top 100 prospect now so he could fetch us a really good player at the trade deadline should we want to make a move. Busch is kinda blocked at the mlb level should we re-sign Seager.

SS - Seager
2B - Lux
1B - Muncy
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw said he has no plans to retire soon
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw didn’t go to Driveline this offseason:

Quote:

Now as he gets set to enter his 14th MLB season, Kershaw revealed that he didn’t return to Driveline during this past offseason but remained in touch with some of the trainers for continued guidance, per Jorge Castillo of the L.A. Times:

Last month, he casually revealed that he didn’t travel to Driveline this winter but has stayed in contact with the program’s trainers for workout guidance. “You get older, you decline, right?” Kershaw said. “But I felt like mine was just too quick, and so I knew there was something there I wasn’t doing. I think I kind of have figured that out a little bit.”
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers: Max Muncy Criticizes MLB’s Plan to ‘Deaden’ Baseballs

Muncy is not happy with the idea of giving pitchers more advantages.

Major League Baseball will continue to play with the structure of the balls used in 2021. After back and forth about juicing the baseballs to make them fly further, the league admitted this year that they would be slightly deadening them. For the Dodgers, that could be a bit of a bummer.

The idea behind deadening the ball is aimed at getting the ball into play more and speed up games. This is all in an effort to draw in new fans and end games at a reasonable time. Bit for the Dodgers Max Muncy, he felt like the league just took away the offense’s last advantage.

Muncy made an appearance on a media call with Dodgers reporters on Tuesday afternoon. In that call, he was asked about the league changing up the structure of the ball once again. Max was candid in his displeasure.

“Does them deadening it mean the pitchers don’t throw 100 mph also? That was my only question. I feel like the whole game is kinda triggered against the offense and now they’re taking the one sole advantage that we have. Maybe or maybe not the ball was a little bit juiced, they obviously never confirmed that. Them saying they’re deadening the ball was kind of heartbreaking.”

So far, pitchers and coaches around baseball have had rave reviews about the idea. But from a hitters standpoint, it obviously changes things up. And for a team like the Dodgers that led the National League in homeruns the last 3 seasons, it could be a huge change to their approach.

Muncy hit 70 homeruns in his first 2 seasons with the Dodgers before hitting a rough patch in 2020. Even with a dip in numbers, he hit 12 dingers in 58 games. This change by MLB might be popular with pitchers, but hitters already sound frustrated.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject:

With our rotation plus the size of Dodger Stadium I think this would still be a win for us— it might even work out better, especially for a guy like Kershaw who seems to give up a long ball every game or two.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Must be nice giving out contracts they have no intention of ever seeing thru the entire 14 years.

Tatis Jr hasn’t even played 162 games! And they had 4 years of control left! This contract is a huge risk, and they can’t eat it if it goes south. It could also end up being a huge bargain too if he maintains his trajectory, but still, wow!

Saw this on Reddit:
Quote:
Yasiel Puig had a 151 OPS+ and 5.9 WAR/650 after 252 games aged 23. If the Dodgers had signed him on this deal then, they would still owe him money through 2028. Stuff happens.

Him and his agent played it smart. They retained a no trade clause in his contract so if the Padres fortunes go south in the future, he will be able to dictate which teams he can go to. So now he has financial security for the next 14 years and will most likely go to a winning team if things on the Padres go south.

Meet your NEWEST DODGER!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@BlueJays

OFFICIAL: OF Ryan Noda has been sent to the Dodgers to complete the trade of RHP Ross Stripling.

Quote:

Jorge Castillo
@jorgecastillo

The Dodgers say they've acquired minor league outfielder Ryan Noda from the Blue Jays to complete the Ross Stripling trade. Noda, 24, reached high-A in 2019. He's expected to join the team shortly as a non-roster invite.

Quote:
Noda is a 2017 15th-round pick of the Blue Jays out of the University of Cincinnati. A corner outfielder with some experience at first base, Noda will be entering his age-25 season in 2021.

In 2019, he reached high-A, where he hit .238/.372/.418/.790 with 74 walks but also 138 strikeouts. For his career, he has a .272/.422/.478/.900 line in the minors over three seasons, obviously not being able to play in 2020.

A 25-year-old who has never played advanced ball who still has strikeout problems might seem like an odd choice, but a look at the FanGraphs report on him might explain what the Dodgers are looking at.

Noda has elite walk rates, his exit velos are very strong, and he’s hit for power at every level of the minors. He also strikes out a lot for someone older than is usual for his level, which I think is evidence he’ll fall on the wrong side of the Quad-A bubble.

Quote:
Since he wasn’t ever a touted prospect, there aren’t many current profiles of him.

However, here is a 2019 mid-season report from 2080 Baseball.

True outcomes hitter w/ power and patience profile. Knows how to get his pitch but will always come w/ strikeouts. Struggles w/ LHP, likely won’t face them much at ML level. Pull-heavy, doesn’t use whole field, hits into the shift. True 40 pure hit tool projects to 45 given walk totals and on-base ability.

And here’s Noda’s 2018 profile from MLB Pipeline.

A physically strong left-handed hitter, Noda generates above-average raw power with his combination of strength and bat speed, and impressed with his ability to drive the ball out of the park to the opposite field during his pro debut. His patient approach continues to result in elevated strikeout totals but also fuels his on-base skills, as Noda’s 59 walks were far and way the most among Appy League hitters. Whether Noda will hit for average remains a divisive topic among evaluators.

Essentially, Noda comes off like the Dodgers taking another flyer on a elite walk-rate guy that hits the ball really hard who is available due to the profile being a bit scuffed or limited.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
#Dodgers Dave Roberts said Dustin May touched 101 mph today.

https://twitter.com/kirsten_watson/status/1364686773381599235?s=19
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Alex Vesia Feels ‘Right At Home’ After Being Traded To Dodgers

While the Los Angeles Dodgers made some big moves to improve their roster during the offseason, they also completed under-the-radar acquisitions that could pay dividends down the road.

One such deal that fits into that category was the addition of Alex Vesia, who was brought over in the trade that sent Dylan Floro to the Miami Marlins. Vesia has limited experience at the Major League level but is believed to have superb stuff and fills a big need for the Dodgers as a left-handed relief pitcher.

The Marlins organization was the only one the 24-year-old had ever known though, so Vesia admitted to being surprised by the trade, even though he is happy with his situation now.

“It was quite a shock, actually. I had no idea that was even a thought in the Marlins’ organization,” he said. “Kind of took two or three days for it to settle in and everything. I got here and felt right at home. It’s been a great transition so far. I’ve been working with all the pitching coordinators and everything. It’s been going pretty well.”

As a young player, Vesia pointed to the plethora of veterans on the Dodgers roster as those he is excited to learn from.

“I just feel like I’ll be able to learn a lot from the guys in the clubhouse, the veteran arms and stuff like that,” he said. “I’m just looking forward to picking their brain as the season gets going.”

The Dodgers have one of the deepest pitching staffs in baseball, so Vesia is not a lock to make the Opening Day roster, even if the organization is high on him long-term.

“My initial thought was I’ve got to go and compete and win a job in the bullpen,” he said of joining the Dodgers. “Obviously our rotation is top tier and now I’m looking forward to hopefully making an impact on the backend.”

As it currently stands, Victor Gonzalez is the only lock to make the Dodgers’ Opening Day roster among lefties after his breakout 2020 season. That would leave Vesia competing with the likes of Scott Alexander and Garrett Cleavinger for one spot if the team carries two southpaw relievers.

Prior names Vesia among standouts

It appears that Vesia’s spring is off to a good start as he has already impressed during bullpen sessions at Camelback Ranch.

“One, left-handed. We always love left-handers. But I just think his fastball is unique. I think we have a potential to use that in matchups,” Dodgers pitching coach Mark Prior said of Vesia.

“We’ll do what we can to educate him what he can do with the fastball and what he can do with his other pitches to really capitalize on his arsenal. It just came out. It was coming out free and easy, the ball jumps on guys. That was eye-opening.

“Same with Cleavinger and other guys. We lost Jake McGee and unfortunately we lost Ferg for the year, and that’s a weapon we like to have in our bullpen. With those two guys gone, this year specifically, we’re looking for somebody to take that type of role.”
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Vassegh on SNLA
On Seager’s chances of being a Dodger next year:

"Being around Corey the last six years, I don’t feel he’s emotionally attached to any one team or uniform."

"He’s an east coast guy. I really believe he’s going to test the market."

Gonna miss Seags but lots of SS options in free agency in 2022.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

What options are you ok with? There’s:

1. Lindor
2. Story
3. Baez
4. Correa

Those are the ones I can think of. I think the Mets extend or re-sign Lindor eventually. I can’t see us welcoming Correa here. Baez probably doesn’t walk enough for us. Story might command the same contract as Seager.

Here’s a question: which teams are actually in the market for a SS and willing to pay? We can reasonably cross out the following teams:

1) Red Sox - Bogaerts
2) Yankees - Torres
3) White Sox - Tim Anderson
4) Braves - Swanson
5) SD - Tatis
6) Washington - Turner
7) Philadelphia- Gregorius (just signed for 2 yrs $28M)
8) Toronto - Bo Bichette

So which teams are left?

1) Dodgers
2) Angels
3) Mets
4) Cubs maybe?
5) Astros maybe?
6) Rockies maybe?
7) SF Giants?

There might not be enough teams needing a SS for all 5 free agents.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

What options are you ok with? There’s:

1. Lindor
2. Story
3. Baez
4. Correa

Those are the ones I can think of. I think the Mets extend or re-sign Lindor eventually. I can’t see us welcoming Correa here. Baez probably doesn’t walk enough for us. Story might command the same contract as Seager.

Here’s a question: which teams are actually in the market for a SS and willing to pay? We can reasonably cross out the following teams:

1) Red Sox - Bogaerts
2) Yankees - Torres
3) White Sox - Tim Anderson
4) Braves - Swanson
5) SD - Tatis
6) Washington - Turner
7) Philadelphia- Gregorius (just signed for 2 yrs $28M)
8) Toronto - Bo Bichette

LUX TIME BABBBYYY, ss of the future!

Or maybe we shift toward a cheaper but solid defensive minded guy for ss to bat at the bottom of the order if all else fails, we should have some kids ready to be called up next season to shore up 2nd and 3B as LA shifts towards a youth movement. Maybe the A's don't compete this year and are willing to listen to offers for Chapman giving us a long term option at 3b post JT?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

This Bleacher Report article predicts Seager to the SF Giants.

Quote:
Between his 6'4", 215-pound frame and his slipping metrics, the big question going forward is whether Seager will eventually have to move off shortstop. That could affect his market, in that his top suitors will be teams that have money to spend and the means to shift him to third base.

Thus could the Giants emerge as a leading suitor for Seager. They're not only run by former Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi, but they'll soon have need of a veteran shortstop—Brandon Crawford is yet another pending free agent—who could keep the position warm for top prospect Marco Luciano.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929386-way-too-early-predictions-for-top-mlb-stars-available-in-2021-22-free-agency

They predict Lindor to the Mets like I expect:

Quote:
So barring another down year in 2021, Lindor is positioned to be the most desirable of the five elite shortstops on next winter's market. He could be in line for Manny Machado money—i.e., $300 million—and therefore within reach of only a select few teams.

Though clubs like the Angels, Dodgers and Giants might go after Lindor, it's frankly hard to imagine the Mets letting him get away. By re-signing Lindor, Cohen would simultaneously boost his club's World Series chances and earn long-lasting goodwill among Mets fans.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

^
Yes, I've seen the Seager connection to the Giants before. Could see that happening for sure. Also agree with the notion that it's hard to imagine the Mets letting Lindor get away.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers' David Price open to any role in 2021: Whatever makes us better

ESPN

When the offseason progressed and word began to spread that his team might ultimately add Trevor Bauer, the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner, Price knew it would create a significant logjam.

He reached out to Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman and delivered a message -- if Bauer signs, Price will take on any role.

"Whatever makes the 2021 Dodgers better," Price said, "I'm all for it."

Quote:
The stadium radar gun twice clocked Price's fastball at 94 mph, a couple of ticks faster than his average from 2019.

"I was hoping for 92," Price said. "I saw the changeup at 86, so I knew it couldn't have been too bad. Ninety-four -- that's awesome. If I can go out there and be 91 to 93, I can be very effective. If I can get it up to 94 and 95, maybe even more. That's a good sign."

I think there’s a possibility Price ends up in the bullpen. He could be a nasty reliever if he’s throwing 94

Quote:
Veteran starter David Price offers to move to the bullpen if it helps the Dodgers

LA TIMES

“Right before we signed Trevor, I reached out to Andrew and said if it happens, I’m willing to do whatever you guys need me to do,” said Price, the veteran left-hander who opted out of the 2020 season because of coronavirus concerns. “It’s not a problem for me. Just keep me in the loop and let me know, and I’ll be ready for whatever.”

On Monday, “whatever” began to take shape, Price making his spring debut with a one-two-three inning of relief in an 8-0, seven-inning exhibition victory over the Chicago White Sox at Camelback Ranch.

Price will have four more spring outings to be stretched out as a starter, but he made it clear after an 11-pitch inning in which his fastball touched a robust 94 mph that he is willing to pitch in relief.

“I expect to be ready to start by the regular season,” Price said. “But I told them, whatever they need me to do, whatever makes the 2021 Dodgers better, I’m all for it.”

Price said he felt a little “antsy” when he took the mound. It had been a year since he last pitched in a game — he struck out seven of 10 Colorado batters in a March 7, 2020, exhibition — and 18 months since his last regular-season appearance, a two-inning stint for Boston in Anaheim on Sept. 1, 2019.

Two of Price’s fastballs were clocked at 94 mph and three hit 93 mph. Price’s average fastball velocity dipped from 94.3 mph in 2017 to 92.7 mph in 2018 to 92.0 mph in 2019, a season that ended with surgery to remove a cyst in his left wrist.

“I was hoping for 92, but 94 is awesome,” Price said. “If I can go out there and be 91-93, I can be very effective. If I can get it up to 94-95 and maybe even more, that’s a good sign.”

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I’d shell out for Seager, makes no sense to me to lose him given his value and potential. No other realistically get able SS comes close nor do they come with his positional versatility.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers' David Price open to any role in 2021: Whatever makes us better

ESPN

When the offseason progressed and word began to spread that his team might ultimately add Trevor Bauer, the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner, Price knew it would create a significant logjam.

He reached out to Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman and delivered a message -- if Bauer signs, Price will take on any role.

"Whatever makes the 2021 Dodgers better," Price said, "I'm all for it."

Quote:
The stadium radar gun twice clocked Price's fastball at 94 mph, a couple of ticks faster than his average from 2019.

"I was hoping for 92," Price said. "I saw the changeup at 86, so I knew it couldn't have been too bad. Ninety-four -- that's awesome. If I can go out there and be 91 to 93, I can be very effective. If I can get it up to 94 and 95, maybe even more. That's a good sign."

I think there’s a possibility Price ends up in the bullpen. He could be a nasty reliever if he’s throwing 94

Quote:
Veteran starter David Price offers to move to the bullpen if it helps the Dodgers

LA TIMES

“Right before we signed Trevor, I reached out to Andrew and said if it happens, I’m willing to do whatever you guys need me to do,” said Price, the veteran left-hander who opted out of the 2020 season because of coronavirus concerns. “It’s not a problem for me. Just keep me in the loop and let me know, and I’ll be ready for whatever.”

On Monday, “whatever” began to take shape, Price making his spring debut with a one-two-three inning of relief in an 8-0, seven-inning exhibition victory over the Chicago White Sox at Camelback Ranch.

Price will have four more spring outings to be stretched out as a starter, but he made it clear after an 11-pitch inning in which his fastball touched a robust 94 mph that he is willing to pitch in relief.

“I expect to be ready to start by the regular season,” Price said. “But I told them, whatever they need me to do, whatever makes the 2021 Dodgers better, I’m all for it.”

Price said he felt a little “antsy” when he took the mound. It had been a year since he last pitched in a game — he struck out seven of 10 Colorado batters in a March 7, 2020, exhibition — and 18 months since his last regular-season appearance, a two-inning stint for Boston in Anaheim on Sept. 1, 2019.

Two of Price’s fastballs were clocked at 94 mph and three hit 93 mph. Price’s average fastball velocity dipped from 94.3 mph in 2017 to 92.7 mph in 2018 to 92.0 mph in 2019, a season that ended with surgery to remove a cyst in his left wrist.

“I was hoping for 92, but 94 is awesome,” Price said. “If I can go out there and be 91-93, I can be very effective. If I can get it up to 94-95 and maybe even more, that’s a good sign.”

The Dodgers starting rotation is unbelievable.

In no particular order you have Bauer, Kershaw, Buehler, Price, Urias, Gonsolin, May, etc.

It is really quite an incredible achievement and I am forgetting some guys above I am sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 21 of 395
Jump to: