*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz (02/24/2021 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#33***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Didn’t watch the second half— what happened?

DO not watch on replay.

A complete and utter collapse, basically from beginning of second period onward. The first quarter they actually seemed lively and active, but as soon as the second unit came in, and the second quarter began, game went from a 1 point back and forth to Jazz 3, Jazz 3, Jazz 3...down by 10.,..rest of game they fought uphill. Third quarter was a complete embarrasment as Jazz started blowing them off the floor.

One of their worst losses in 2 years, IMO.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

They got obliterated from beyond the arc.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:

From beyond the arc? They got obliterated on second chance points, hustle plays, defensive energy, and settling way too much.

They were developing bad habits even with Davis and Schroder. Picking and choosing when to play hard is not a winning habit.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Leif wrote:

From beyond the arc? They got obliterated on second chance points, hustle plays, defensive energy, and settling way too much.

They were developing bad habits even with Davis and Schroder. Picking and choosing when to play hard is not a winning habit.

Been saying this ALL season.

Bad habits have developed and now have come home to roost.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

When Bron threw that lackadaisical pass I went for a snack. It seemed like they lost their heart. When they went down 25 I went for a snack and a movie, couldn't watch anymore.

The loss was embarrassing. I'm going to place some blame at the feet of Vogel. We were overmatched with the absence of AD and Dennis, a loss was expected. My complaint is there was no effort on the part of the team. That I blame on Vogel. Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich would have MADE them play with more effort, even in a loss.

Just when I was becoming a fan of Vogel the team puts in this kind of effort.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:

It’s what the Clippers got used to last season. That’s why they couldn’t hold off Denver.

I get they are tired, but this has been a season long issue and if they don’t fix it, there are too many good teams in the way who are actually developing winning habits like last season’s Lakers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Leif wrote:

It’s what the Clippers got used to last season. That’s why they couldn’t hold off Denver.

I get they are tired, but this has been a season long issue and if they don’t fix it, there are too many good teams in the way who are actually developing winning habits like last season’s Lakers.

I'm back on we should have gone after Tyronn Lue wagon again. He has the Sail Boat Boys playing ball. I hope Vogel proves me wrong.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Kind of what I expected, which saddens me.

Anywho, am I the only one not taking the Jazz seriously? I cannot, they always fail when it matters, they can be a 1 seed and get bounced out in the 2nd round.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Kind of what I expected, which saddens me.

Anywho, am I the only one not taking the Jazz seriously? I cannot, they always fail when it matters, they can be a 1 seed and get bounced out in the 2nd round.

2 issues with the Jazz imo:

1. Gobert can be played off which significantly weakens their schemes and structure.

2. I only trust Mitchell to break a defense down, but even he can get bottled up.

In the playoffs, you can’t depend on Clarkson, Bogdanovic and Ingles to be red hot from 3. We have seen it with Houston and they even had one of the best one on one players in Harden and CP3 for a 2 year run too.

Jazz don’t have enough playmaking imo and the defensive scheme breaks down when Gobert is played off court.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

Utah has the bests record in the NBA right now, 26 6 yet few think they can win a ship. Even if we're healthy they'll be a tough out.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: