*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz (02/24/2021 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#33***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Jazz the regular season champs...Glad we always bodybag them when it counts.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Ok...
So emotions aside...
And no “trade the whole team” talk...

What should Rob “try” and do to fix things?
Please, no pipe dreams

We need some real bonafide shooters and a rim protector....

We have shooters. AC, KCP, THT, AD, Matthews, Kuz, Lebron and AD should and have hit 3 pointers in the past. But for some reason, they are not hitting their shots now.

DS has shown us that he can drive and finish, and Harrell can mix it up in the key. That's the frustrating thing; we HAVE shooters on this team. Just don't know why they aren't shooting well.

As for rim protection, not sure on that one. Rob put together a championship team and then dismantled that same championship team. Don't know why.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Ok...
So emotions aside...

Please, no pipe dreams

We have shooters. AC, KCP, THT, AD, Matthews, Kuz, Lebron and AD should and have hit 3 pointers in the past. But for some reason, they are not hitting their shots now.

DS has shown us that he can drive and finish, and Harrell can mix it up in the key. That's the frustrating thing; we HAVE shooters on this team. Just don't know why they aren't shooting well.

As for rim protection, not sure on that one. Rob put together a championship team and then dismantled that same championship team. Don't know why.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if there was no bubble, or if it was any other team but the Heat in the finals- we don't win the title.
Call it dumb luck, but maybe our guys bonded closer than any other team in the bubble so Chemistry is what won it for us.

That team was motivated(Kobe, individuals with stuff to prove). We were beating anybody last year. Listening to Jared Dudleys book he basically said all this. These guys bonded like crazy. Was a close knit group.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Ok...
So emotions aside...

Please, no pipe dreams

On paper we do. In reality we don’t. AC, Bron and AD should not be relied upon as 3 point threats. KCP is too inconsistent and mentally checks out, Matthews shouldn’t be in the rotation and Kuz might be the only guy capable of hitting a three from game to game
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if there was no bubble, or if it was any other team but the Heat in the finals- we don't win the title.
Call it dumb luck, but maybe our guys bonded closer than any other team in the bubble so Chemistry is what won it for us.

What are you talking about? We had a top 2 regular season record headed to numero 1 beatin the Clips n Bucks before the break. Last year was for real.

This year can be too if we get back to top 3 record we are right in it. Or get back AD and finish on a 13-0 run type thing. Limp in as a lower seed means trouble.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Hope Rob can make some tweaks.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Hope Rob can make some tweaks.
this team more than tweaks
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

This is where I miss the Zen Master. He would have said we played like bleep, we change or we are screwed. Lol. Vogel says well just an off night. Missing guys. Missed our shots. Ya think?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

What are you talking about? We had a top 2 regular season record headed to numero 1 beatin the Clips n Bucks before the break. Last year was for real.

This year can be too if we get back to top 3 record we are right in it. Or get back AD and finish on a 13-0 run type thing. Limp in as a lower seed means trouble.

You're possibly right, and we have the 2 stars from last years team but this team feels off- could be a management issue.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Glad I skipped this one. Sounds like it was the beatdown I thought it would be.

We can say it doesn’t matter, but this team was struggling with AD/Schroder. Pelinka has to make a couple of changes + smart use of those 2 roster spots.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I can't stand the way these guts have been showing up over the last what..month or more? I'm not jumping over board I'm just plain old pissed. Can they just start with the first step of hitting unguarded shots then we can move on to the PnR..
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

You're possibly right, and we have the 2 stars from last years team but this team feels off- could be a management issue.

Actually hes incorrect. Clips would have wiped the floor with us.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

That team was motivated(Kobe, individuals with stuff to prove). We were beating anybody last year. Listening to Jared Dudleys book he basically said all this. These guys bonded like crazy. Was a close knit group.

This. The teams screwed the most this season were those in the finals, and heck even conference finals. Little time off. Of last years 4 teams to make the conference finals its the lakers who started off hottest but all have played imconsistently.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Team is going on a mini win streak when DS returns friday...book it
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Urghh I thought Booker was getting traded here
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Wasn’t expecting a win but that was a disappointing lackluster effort from all.

As Jackson stated in the second half “ where was the pride”? “Where was somebody taking it personally that they were getting outplayed” ?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Expected a loss today, just hoped we’d show some fight. Guess not. The shooting is awful and nobody who played tonight besides Lebron gave us any kind of advantage when they were handling the ball. DS needs to come out strong because he owes us for breaking protocol and leaving the team high and dry when we needed him most.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Wasn’t expecting a win but that was a disappointing lackluster effort from all.

As Jackson stated in the second half “ where was the pride”? “Where was somebody taking it personally that they were getting outplayed” ?

Welp, they all wet their diapers. Time for them to take em off, and go loud and proud Friday.

I suspect the team will play vastly better this Friday with DS and moving forward. When AD returns, I think the team will start going to town on clubs. I expect they will hand the Jazz a major arse whooping in April. As much as I respect that club, I just think that will happen.

Now, alot can happen between now and then, and perhaps the team is just going to continue to collectively suck from 3. At the rate they are going they could reach bottom of the barrel with 3 point shooting. I'm just going to believe in the infamous "law of averages"...heck, it did hit the Jazz at least. After a ridiculous 13-22 first half, they were a much more reasonable 9-26 in the second.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I do question if KCP is a bubble player like TJ Warren was. He played amazing but was awful during the regular Swann season and again now
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Expected a loss today, just hoped we’d show some fight. Guess not. The shooting is awful and nobody who played tonight besides Lebron gave us any kind of advantage when they were handling the ball. DS needs to come out strong because he owes us for breaking protocol and leaving the team high and dry when we needed him most.

What do you mean he broke protocol?
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

How is the draft class this year? Might as well bring the
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Going to take more then the return of Schroder. Team is playing without energy, focus or passion.

If there is a “switch” to be found, team needs to find it damn quick.

Lakers aren’t careful they could easily go winless into the ASG. And yes, I know one of the teams is the Kings. Hopefully not but who expected the loss to the Wiz?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t watch the second half— what happened?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Going to take more then the return of Schroder. Team is playing without energy, focus or passion.

If there is a “switch” to be found, team needs to find it damn quick.

Lakers aren’t careful they could easily go winless into the ASG. And yes, I know one of the teams is the Kings. Hopefully not but who expected the loss to the Wiz?

Not happening. I'm as jaded as any poster, but I think they will turn it around. They're in a slump, been for a bit and frankly AD and DS sorta helped steer them through that with LBJ.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: