Tiger Woods car crash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Tiger Woods car crash

Single vehicle accident in Rancho Palos Verdes...BREAKING NEWS.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

(bleep), deja vu feeling, Kobe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

I hope he wasn't under the influence. He was recovering from back surgery. He may have been on painkillers.

Tiger Woods hospitalized after car crash; ‘jaws of life’ used to extricate golfer

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Good, lord was healthy enough to play a round against freakin Dwayne Wade just yesterday?

Now has moderate to critical injuries, heal up Tiger!

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

His agent says he sustained injuries to his legs.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tiger Woods' manager: Golf star suffered multiple leg injuries in car crash, is undergoing surgery.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/1364305036092858373
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
11:52 AM PT -- Mark Steinberg, Tiger's agent, says he sustained multiple leg injuries and is currently in surgery.
- TMZ
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

The leg injuries must be severe. The time the fire crews responded was 7:22 AM.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
12:18 PM PT -- TMZ has obtained the dispatch audio for Tiger's crash, and it sounds like they realized in real time that Tiger was trapped inside ... and were going to need backup STAT.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

CNN reporting jaws of life not used to extract Tiger from his SUV

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

From the looks of the accident site from news choppers, he had to be going very fast.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
From the looks of the accident site from news choppers, he had to be going very fast.

On the golf course: Tiger's a good driver.

Off the golf course: Tiger's not a good driver.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1:19 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... Tiger was staying at a hotel where a major network television show was being shot. Production sources tell TMZ, when the director arrived just before 7 AM, Tiger was driving his SUV very fast as he was leaving the property and almost hit the director's car. The director was shaken enough to tell production staff about it after he parked.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

That area is no joke. It has a fairly harsh bend and if there is even a bit of fog, the roads become extremely slick. Early morning, extreme speed, impacted visuals, slick road, bend in the road . . . quickly adds up to a fairly serious crash.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

These (bleep) millionaires dart around town like they're late for a job interview. Slow down...you made it.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Latest on Tiger Woods: His injuries included a shattered ankle and two leg fractures, one of which was compound, according to a source familiar with his treatment. "Lucky to be alive," the L.A. County sheriff says. From @latimes team covering the crash:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielNMiller/status/1364363635045228545
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Apparently he was supposed to be part of a TV special with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Regardless he should consider getting a personal driver I would think the perks of being rich would have someone else drive you elsewhere.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Apparently he was supposed to be part of a TV special with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Regardless he should consider getting a personal driver I would think the perks of being rich would have someone else drive you elsewhere.

Or if they insist on driving, drive at reasonable speeds. It's not that hard.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I grew up right in the area, in fact the crash happened just down the hill from my old high school.

Going downhill on Hawthorne Blvd. where he was, people tend to get going too fast and you do have to navigate a few modest bends in the road which of course can be more challenging at night, if unfamiliar with the road or if the very regular fog that occurs there has set in.

The fog in particular can be a real problem, but the accident here appears to be speed related as the pictures of the car not long after it crashed are in sunlight meaning it was not foggy most likely.

Lots of rumors going around such as possibility he left the hotel (Terranea Resort) upset and driving fast and also that perhaps he is looking at an amputation. I really hope none of those are correct as I have always been a big fan of Tiger and he is the pride of So Cal.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I won’t lie
First thing that popped into my head when saw the pics and news was Kobe.

Looks like he should make it, which at least is a positive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I saw some footage of them hauling the wreckage away. There were several pieces of luggage set aside. Looks like he was in a hurry to make a flight.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

He was in a hurry to get to Riviera, where he was scheduled for a 7:30 lesson with Drew Brees. It was around 7 at the time of the crash and he was still in the RPV area. Needless to say, he wasn't going to be close to being on time. It appears that he was frustrated with running late and was trying to haul ass to get to Pacific Palisades. So far, no evidence that he was impaired by anything, even though of course there's a lot of that speculation out there. If I had to guess, I don't think he was impaired by anything, just driving recklessly.

I also heard the description of his injuries and what they did in the surgery, and it's pretty gruesome. The first place my brain went to was Alex Smith. As long as he doesn't suffer the type of infections that Smith did, I don't think it will turn out that bad. Still, listen to this from an article I found...

Dr. Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, said Woods shattered the tibia and fibula bones of his lower right leg in multiple locations. Those injuries were stabilized with a rod in the tibia. Additional injuries to the bones in the foot and ankle required screws and pins, Mahajan said in a statement released on Woods' Twitter account late Tuesday night.

I won't put it past Tiger to return to the Tour and play highly competitive golf again. But at this point, he appears lucky to be alive, so if he can get out of the hospital, walk normally and enjoy his life and his kids' lives, that's a win.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually, a statement was released on his Twitter, and the direct quote from Dr. Mahajan about the injuries is worth reading:

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/1364447580520738820/photo/1
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

I may be in the minority. He's recovering from back surgery. I was hoping he wasn't under the influence of pain killers There was an incident where he was arrested for having them in his system while driving. His life being in danger didn't cross my mind. After seeing footage of the accident and damage done to the SUV I thought he was lucky to have survived. I wish him a speedy recovery.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
He was in a hurry to get to Riviera, where he was scheduled for a 7:30 lesson with Drew Brees. It was around 7 at the time of the crash and he was still in the RPV area. Needless to say, he wasn't going to be close to being on time. It appears that he was frustrated with running late and was trying to haul ass to get to Pacific Palisades. So far, no evidence that he was impaired by anything, even though of course there's a lot of that speculation out there. If I had to guess, I don't think he was impaired by anything, just driving recklessly.

I also heard the description of his injuries and what they did in the surgery, and it's pretty gruesome. The first place my brain went to was Alex Smith. As long as he doesn't suffer the type of infections that Smith did, I don't think it will turn out that bad. Still, listen to this from an article I found...

Dr. Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, said Woods shattered the tibia and fibula bones of his lower right leg in multiple locations. Those injuries were stabilized with a rod in the tibia. Additional injuries to the bones in the foot and ankle required screws and pins, Mahajan said in a statement released on Woods' Twitter account late Tuesday night.

I won't put it past Tiger to return to the Tour and play highly competitive golf again. But at this point, he appears lucky to be alive, so if he can get out of the hospital, walk normally and enjoy his life and his kids' lives, that's a win.

This is the procedure my daughter had when she suffered a major compound fracture in a skiing accident several years ago. It's an intricate procedure that takes several hours to perform. Longest 6 hours of my life.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: