Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James had seven of his eight turnovers AFTER Lakers took 17-point lead with 9:25 left in 3rd quarter

Story of the game tbh.

He had some frustrating TOS for sure
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James had seven of his eight turnovers AFTER Lakers took 17-point lead with 9:25 left in 3rd quarter

Story of the game tbh.

Big Lebron fan but I was frustrated at him tonight... Him and Vogel reason we lost. Vogel continue to under use TRezz is mind boggling.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Story of the game tbh.

Big Lebron fan but I was frustrated at him tonight... Him and Vogel reason we lost. Vogel continue to under use TRezz is mind boggling.

100%. It wasn’t even just the turnovers...some bad shots after stagnating offense ignited Wizards run.

We move on, but LeBron can’t be mad at anyone but himself tonight.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Vogel quietly screwed this game up. Benched Trezz when we desperately needed scoring and were forcing lebron to create every shot. Keeps starting Matthew’s though he has been horrid.

Didn’t use a timeout to draw something up on that last possession.

Lebrun tho - he takes the rest of the blame. Could have iced it with a ft but bricks in regulation - inexcusable. Was horrid in OT. Way too many turnovers. I think fatigue set in b3cause he was sharp prior to that.

Caught the wiz at the wrong time too. They def aren’t tanking right now.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Someone posted their frustration with Kuz. I think we just have to concede he is what he is - inconsistent scorer who can rebound, best suited as a guy who is third or fourth on the pecking order to score (or even less), not as a #2 guy, which is what he's been the past 3 games (with 3 losses).

He does his most damage when teams are focusing on LBJ and AD and he gets to do sneaky stuff. He pulls of a 15-9 and you say wow. He does that when he's being asked to shoot twice as much and you tear your hair out.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Someone posted their frustration with Kuz. I think we just have to concede he is what he is - inconsistent scorer who can rebound, best suited as a guy who is third or fourth on the pecking order to score (or even less), not as a #2 guy, which is what he's been the past 3 games (with 3 losses).

He does his most damage when teams are focusing on LBJ and AD and he gets to do sneaky stuff. He pulls of a 15-9 and you say wow. He does that when he's being asked to shoot twice as much and you tear your hair out.

I am very frustrated by the bricks he’s been laying especially the open ones, but I have long concluded Kuz will never be an all star (at least in this team). Can’t even take Lopez off the dribble is just horrible.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

We just have too many inconsistent role players. AC, Morris, KCP finally all had a decent game but Matthews/Kuz both had a bad game. Matthews just smh... I rather have THT or Caruso start at this point. Also give McKinnie some run and see what he can do... Time to give him Matthews minutes. We need fresh legs out there. (bleep) I’ll even play Dudley in spot minutes.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject:

Deserved this loss. Too many turnovers after getting the big lead zero sense of urgency to close the deal. Can’t do that with a team who’s on a 5 game winning streak and is playing free with nothing to lose.

This game felt like it could of gave us some momentum heading into Utah but doesn’t look great now. Unless Lebron goes NBA Finals God mode I think many of us aren’t expecting much on Wednesday on terms of getting the W.

Tough loss gotta wonder what Vogel and Lebron could do to mentally prep the team heading into Utah. A win in Utah would do wonders to boost the morale of this team moving forward.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Deserved this loss. Too many turnovers after getting the big lead zero sense of urgency to close the deal. Can’t do that with a team who’s on a 5 game winning streak and is playing free with nothing to lose.

This game felt like it could of gave us some momentum heading into Utah but doesn’t look great now. Unless Lebron goes NBA Finals God mode I think many of us aren’t expecting much on Wednesday on terms of getting the W.

Tough loss gotta wonder what Vogel and Lebron could do to mentally prep the team heading into Utah. A win in Utah would do wonders to boost the morale of this team moving forward.

Without AD and Schro this team is probably worst than Lebron’s first year here. Only difference is that Lebron is 36 now coming from a shortest offseason.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject:

Next 5 Games:

@Utah
vs Portland
vs Golden State
vs Phoenix
@Sacremento

At Utah vs a fully healthy Jazz squad. Seen weirding things happen in the NBA than a Lebron led team with a bunch of roll players defeating a number 1 seed on the road. Pretty sure Vegas has the Jazz creaming us but you never know. Always got a punchers chance with Lebron.

Next three home games versus Portland,Golden State, and Phoenix. As for the first two matchups where most people are saying it’s an automatic loss, not sure about that one.
Portland and GS aren’t playing great themselves giving up a lot of points and dropping games to bottom feeders like ourselves.
I’d say we got a good chance to beat them.

Then Phoenix at Staples Center. Tough as hell. CP3 in LA with Booker and Ayton looking for blood. Then you add Jae Crowder. Once again We always got a punchers chance with Lebron but if the others don’t play out of this world not feeling great about this one.
I feel this will be toughest game out of all 5.

The Kings in Sac.
Typical Kings playing like crap and is a certified bottom feeder team but they will go all out against us as always. Luke will have these guys playing Game 7 basketball all night against us. Should be a close one hopefully we pull it out.

Really hoping Dennis can come back by Friday vs Portland.
That would obviously raise up my confidence tremendously.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Without AD and Schro this team is probably worst than Lebron’s first year here. Only difference is that Lebron is 36 now coming from a shortest offseason.

Stop it bro
Brandon Ingram , Superstar sure but unfortunately had a horrible season ending injury with the blood clots. Plus he missed a lot of games in the start of the season for punching CP3 in the face and rolling his ankle on Lamarcus Aldridge.
Lonzo too was always hurt unfortunately.

Montrezl Harrell >>> Jonathan Williams, Mike Muscala

85 year old Tyson Chandler

Reggie Bullock, Svi Mykhailiuk, Scott Machado, Andre Ingram, and JEMMERIO JONES

18’ was a pretty horrible team. Where in a huge slump right now but I’d empty my bank account that our current roster without AD and Dennis would still clobber that 18’ team without BI and Lonzo of course because they basically sat out about half the season. Of course clone Lebron head to head lol.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Stop it bro
Brandon Ingram , Superstar sure but unfortunately had a horrible season ending injury with the blood clots. Plus he missed a lot of games in the start of the season for punching CP3 in the face and rolling his ankle on Lamarcus Aldridge.
Lonzo too was always hurt unfortunately.

Montrezl Harrell >>> Jonathan Williams, Mike Muscala

85 year old Tyson Chandler

Reggie Bullock, Svi Mykhailiuk, Scott Machado, Andre Ingram, and JEMMERIO JONES

18’ was a pretty horrible team. Where in a huge slump right now but I’d empty my bank account that our current roster without AD and Dennis would still clobber that 18’ team without BI and Lonzo of course because they basically sat out about half the season. Of course clone Lebron head to head lol.

Should have been more clear. I was referring to pre-Lebron injury.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject:

Skip gonna have a field day with that FTA we'll be fine. we have a lot of new weapons on our team (one of the best of which is missing), and the guy that basically ties our team together on offense and defense is also missing. Teams are gonna throw a lot more zone at us with AD and Schroder out, so i hope the Lakers are ready.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject:

Something feels “rotten to the core” about this team. The team last year managed to pull off victories without LBJ AND AD, yet this group can’t win against a bottom feeder with a 17 point lead and with LeBron.

Slice or spin it however you choose, this is not a good team. We’ve gotten lucky with having a Charmin schedule thus far and have been getting exposed as frauds as of late. Short offseason or not, there’s no excuse for the play for the vast majority of the season. Currently, I’m not even sure we should be considered a top-10 team in the league with how we have been playing, with or without AD.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Skip gonna have a field day with that FTA we'll be fine. we have a lot of new weapons on our team (one of the best of which is missing), and the guy that basically ties our team together on offense and defense is also missing. Teams are gonna throw a lot more zone at us with AD and Schroder out, so i hope the Lakers are ready.

No one listens to Skip.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I hope this game serves as a wake up call, horrible effort cost this game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I hope this game serves as a wake up call, horrible effort cost this game.
nuff said!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Utah Jazz vs Los Angeles Lakers
    Wednesday, Feb. 24 2021 • 7:00 PM PT | Vivint Arena • Salt Lake City, Ut.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35
Jump to: