Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 221, 222, 223 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I tested positive on Dec 4th, and my sense of smell is still not back. I'm kinda used to it, but hope it'll return eventually. Sense of taste came back after losing it for about a week.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
^Great that you can see and talk to him! To me, as a dad, that would be the worst -- not being able to be with my kids. I assume the stomach pain is from eating real food again?

Side note: My son is out of quarantine and is pretty much back to normal other than he still can't smell anything. Not sure when that will come back. It's been two weeks since he tested positive, but probably about 19 days since he caught it. So maybe in a couple more weeks.

stoked to hear your boy is ok

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Glad to hear the good news from our regulars.

Not so good for the other 502,023, that is OVER FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DEAD IN THE US--according to worldometer.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Not so good for the other 502,023, that is OVER FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DEAD IN THE US--according to worldometer.

Umm . . . That'd mean that everyone in the US was dead, and almost half of them died twice.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Umm . . . That'd mean that everyone in the US was dead, and almost half of them died twice.

OOPS! I had that Dr. Evil, one m-i-l-l-i-o-n dollars in the back of my head. I wish it would have stayed there.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:

OOPS! I had that Dr. Evil, one m-i-l-l-i-o-n dollars in the back of my head. I wish it would have stayed there.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Good to know we are not all dead and just not realizing it.

But half a million dead is horrific.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Code:

California Covid Deaths for February 17, 2021
-----------------------------------------------
46,384,932 Tests Performed
    3,416,147 POSITIVE
   42,968,785 NEGATIVE

3.3% / 4.1% POSITIVITY RATE (7 day / 14 day)

Day.......#...Day........#...Day........#
1/01/2021 585 02/01/2021 211
1/02/2021 386 02/02/2021 422
1/03/2021 181 02/03/2021 481
1/04/2021 97  02/04/2021 655
1/05/2021 368 02/05/2021 558
1/06/2021 459 02/06/2021 623
1/07/2021 583 02/07/2021 295
1/08/2021 493 02/08/2021 208
1/09/2021 695 02/09/2021 327
1/10/2021 468 02/10/2021 518
1/11/2021 264 02/11/2021 461
1/12/2021 548 02/12/2021 546
1/13/2021 589 02/13/2021 433
1/14/2021 552 02/14/2021 408
1/15/2021 637 02/15/2021 200
1/16/2021 669 02/16/2021 64
1/17/2021 432 02/17/2021 400
1/18/2021 201
1/19/2021 146
1/20/2021 694
1/21/2021 571
1/22/2021 764
1/23/2021 593
1/24/2021 429
1/25/2021 328
1/26/2021 409
1/27/2021 697
1/28/2021 737
1/29/2021 617
1/30/2021 638
1/31/2021 481

.....TOTAL 47,507

------Tableau
https://update.covid19.ca.gov/

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My dad left the hospital on Monday and is now residing at a rehab facility. He's doing well except he has to deal with constant pain in his stomach, though that's been improving as well. His body is still adjusting to eating real food.

I finally visited him on Tuesday and a couple times since. I can only see him through a window, but it's awesome to talk to him. He lost a lot of weight, but otherwise looks good.

They say he'll stay there at least two more weeks. This morning, he was able to walk for five minutes with the help of a walker. He watches sports all day and says he's worried about the Brooklyn Nets if they're healthy in the playoffs.

Just wanted to say Wilt that it's really heartening to read about your dad's progress! I don't read this coronavirus thread as much as some other ones, but after reading how bad your dad was weeks ago, it's an inspiration to read that he's out of the hospital.

And if he's that worried about the Brooklyn Nets, it means that he's made tons of progress cognitively.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

It's been quite a journey. I remember reading all the stories about people getting off the ventilator after 25, 35, or 50 days. I hoped he would be one of those people, and that's exactly what happened.

Coincidentally, he was back at the hospital today for a few hours due to some stomach issues, but they think they know what the problem is and he's already feeling much better and is back at the rehab place.

I was with him for the first time in the same room at the hospital and told him about the nice gift our own Omar Little sent him.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
It's been quite a journey. I remember reading all the stories about people getting off the ventilator after 25, 35, or 50 days. I hoped he would be one of those people, and that's exactly what happened.

Coincidentally, he was back at the hospital today for a few hours due to some stomach issues, but they think they know what the problem is and he's already feeling much better and is back at the rehab place.

I was with him for the first time in the same room at the hospital and told him about the nice gift our own Omar Little sent him.

Awesome news man. My family doctor died of covid . He had been on ventilator and improving but did not make it.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

great news
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject:

There's going to be a massive outbreak in Texas in the next couple weeks. Nothing brings people together quite like massive power outages and freezing weather.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Two letters to the NEJM just published:

- New data shows 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine is 93% effective after 2 weeks, almost as good as 2 doses. Authors urge a change in policy to single dosing (for now, to get as many dosed as possible, and follow up with second dose later).

- Moderna reported basically saying their vaccine is good against all variants except possibly So. African but even some protection there.

Pfizer's vaccine is same technology platform as Moderna so I would expect theirs to have same protection against the variants altho' no data yet reported. And I would expect Modern's to be effective with just the first dose but again no data reported yet.

Edit: Pfizer reported in another letter that their vaccine was effective against the variants similar to Moderna.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

2 Florida women pretend to be elderly to get vaccine

https://miami.cbslocal.com/video/5319757-police-body-cam-video-as-2-women-are-issued-trespass-warnings-after-pretending-to-be-older-woman-to-get-covid-vaccine/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I'll be getting my first dose of Pfizer at Antelope Valley Health Center this Thursday. (Eligible because I'm a university instructor.) Never been this excited to get jabbed before...

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

- New data shows 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine is 93% effective after 2 weeks, almost as good as 2 doses. Authors urge a change in policy to single dosing (for now, to get as many dosed as possible, and follow up with second dose later).

- Moderna reported basically saying their vaccine is good against all variants except possibly So. African but even some protection there.

Pfizer's vaccine is same technology platform as Moderna so I would expect theirs to have same protection against the variants altho' no data yet reported. And I would expect Modern's to be effective with just the first dose but again no data reported yet.

Edit: Pfizer reported in another letter that their vaccine was effective against the variants similar to Moderna.

I'm gald I got the double dose of Pfizer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:

I'm gald I got the double dose of Pfizer.

So are we, Jo.

My parents just got the 1st dose a couple weeks ago.
Set for the second first week of March. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting a little bigger.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

When it's my turn--don't know when that is--I'll take whichever vaccine is offered to me.

Since I'm 50 and don't have any underlying health conditions, I might get vaccinated at a time when the third (J&J) vaccine is ready. I'll take that one, gladly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
When it's my turn--don't know when that is--I'll take whichever vaccine is offered to me.

Since I'm 50 and don't have any underlying health conditions, I might get vaccinated at a time when the third (J&J) vaccine is ready. I'll take that one, gladly.

To be fair, you will take any drug offered to you...
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
To be fair, you will take any drug offered to you...

Yes!
https://i.imgur.com/tVfCeYW.jpg
(Gary Coleman & David Hasselhoff)

And Yes!
https://i.imgur.com/RxgZUux.jpg
(Gary Coleman & David Hasselhoff in an alternate universe)

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

FDA advisory committee recommends emergency approval for the single dose J&J covid vaccine. That's three good vaccines that will be available, altho' J&J needs to up their production.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I'll be getting my first dose of Pfizer at Antelope Valley Health Center this Thursday. (Eligible because I'm a university instructor.) Never been this excited to get jabbed before...

WOW!!! That's a loaded statement.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

WOW!!! That's a loaded statement.

lmao goteem

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I don't care about "line jumpers" given the shelf-life of these vaccines. If there's an opening due to a no-show, go get your shot rather than let it go to waste.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 221, 222, 223 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 222 of 318
Jump to: