*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (02/16/2021 @ 5:00 PM PT) Gm#29 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Is it just me, or has Towns kind of had a disappointing career given how good he started? Projected to be the next Duncan, more like the next Amar’e Stoudemire. Huge stats but not much actual impact.

I know Amare wasn’t what he was supposed to be but let’s not compare a guy who hasn’t been to the playoffs to someone who went to multiple deep playoff runs and was a force during the PHX days with Steve Nash.

Amare would bang in the paint blocking shots and grabbing boards with force.

Don’t think there’s too many times we can recall KAT ever doing so against us.

Yeah, KAT is more like Blake Griffin with less athleticism then Amare if you wanna compare PFs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Is it just me, or has Towns kind of had a disappointing career given how good he started? Projected to be the next Duncan, more like the next Amar’e Stoudemire. Huge stats but not much actual impact.

Imagine if Duncan went to waste on a team going nowhere for the majority of his prime. KG and Kevin Love can relate to what Towns is going through right now. Then the team finally paired him with DLO, but when DLO was healthy, Towns was injured, and DLO got hurt trying to carry the team and is now out 4-6 weeks after needing surgery on his knee, as Towns returns.

The sad reality is that DLO and Towns may never actually get to play together with any kind of consistency.

The T'Wolves may just have to sell high on Towns now while they can, and then on DLO when he comes back, so that they can get some picks/etc out of it.

No idea why they traded away their pick to get Russell. Should have just tanked this year.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I know Amare wasn’t what he was supposed to be but let’s not compare a guy who hasn’t been to the playoffs to someone who went to multiple deep playoff runs and was a force during the PHX days with Steve Nash.

Amare would bang in the paint blocking shots and grabbing boards with force.

Don’t think there’s too many times we can recall KAT ever doing so against us.

Yeah, KAT is more like Blake Griffin with less athleticism then Amare if you wanna compare PFs.

Ouch, and even the real Blake Griffin is a loser.

Okafor was supposed to be all offense and no defense and Towns was supposed to be a balance of both. In reality, Towns turned out to be all offense and no defense and Okafor turned out to be literally nothing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Imagine if Duncan went to waste on a team going nowhere for the majority of his prime. KG and Kevin Love can relate to what Towns is going through right now. Then the team finally paired him with DLO, but when DLO was healthy, Towns was injured, and DLO got hurt trying to carry the team and is now out 4-6 weeks after needing surgery on his knee, as Towns returns.

The sad reality is that DLO and Towns may never actually get to play together with any kind of consistency.

The T'Wolves may just have to sell high on Towns now while they can, and then on DLO when he comes back, so that they can get some picks/etc out of it.

No idea why they traded away their pick to get Russell. Should have just tanked this year.

Cause DLO and KAT are bff... I think they might gun for Booker if they get top 3 pick. Those 3 guys want to play together.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron 30,13,7 +4

Trezz 17,6. +13

Dennis 24, 4 steals +4

Kieff 9 points, 3-5 from 3 , +6

AC 4 points, 1 Block, 1 Steal +14
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Cause DLO and KAT are bff... I think they might gun for Booker if they get top 3 pick. Those 3 guys want to play together.

Yeah all 3 originally wanted to play on the Lakers together(along with Ben Simmons)

BUT I guess Minnesota is close enough

I'd say though the Suns are doing very well this year that Booker may not want to go anywhere and therefore the Suns will feel no pressure to move him.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Shhhh...

Mark held Towns to 2 pts. In the second half, 15 for the game...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Shhhh...

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Shhhh...

Who’s Marc?

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Wonderful game to get a win on. Played some squirrelly looking basketball for a while there, and still won pretty comfortably.

This is how it will be for awhile, similar to pre-AD with LBJ. Team will be fine; albeit, I fully expect them to drop to 4th or 5th in the standings eventually until a (ABSOLUTELY healthy) AD returns.

We all love Anthony Davis.. but I think you are being way to dramatic, no way we will drop that much.

Nope, just being realistic. Expectations reasonable, to the lower point of the reasonable range. Besides, only 2-3 games up in the loss column separate them from the 4th-5th seed (I'm focusing on the losses there). I also expect AD to be out after the all star break as well. Wouldnt be surprised if it went to 20ish games, instead of 9.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Great to see Kieff get going - we really could use his production with AD out.

We should be good with Lebron/Trezz/Schroeder carrying the offense and solid contributions elsewhere. Would be nice to see a bit more offense from Kuz but liked his effort as well.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Lebron: 38 minutes
not good

I felt Vogel could of held Lebron out an extra 3-5 minutes in the 4th with our 12-15 point lead.

Got the feeling Lebron reinserted himself into the game without the coaching staffs call.

Kobe used to do that crap with Phil all the time as well. I remember one time Phil yelling at Kobe to sit his ass back on the bench

Agreed.

I think Lebron wanted this win because he saw the tough game coming up on Thursday, he wasn’t trying to see a three game losing streak.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Some say KAT won't bang. I don't think that's true. Watching him last night he was moving Gasol around down low. He's not on a good team. Look at the roster As far as Dlo goes, I blame Byron Scott. I think he ruined a promising career in Dlo. They'll most likely get some burn together this season. It will come out whether or not they're compatible.

We're about to see what the Lakers are made of. I'd sacrifice a game or two by managing Bron's and when he comes back, AD's minutes. We need a healthy AD and Bron to bring home the Larry O'Brien and repeat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Wonderful game to get a win on. Played some squirrelly looking basketball for a while there, and still won pretty comfortably.

This is how it will be for awhile, similar to pre-AD with LBJ. Team will be fine; albeit, I fully expect them to drop to 4th or 5th in the standings eventually until a (ABSOLUTELY healthy) AD returns.

I think they can expect to win at least 75% of the games without AD. That is more than enough to stay on top of the west.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Lebron: 38 minutes
not good

I felt Vogel could of held Lebron out an extra 3-5 minutes in the 4th with our 12-15 point lead.

Got the feeling Lebron reinserted himself into the game without the coaching staffs call.

Kobe used to do that crap with Phil all the time as well. I remember one time Phil yelling at Kobe to sit his ass back on the bench

Agreed.

I think Lebron wanted this win because he saw the tough game coming up on Thursday, he wasn’t trying to see a three game losing streak.

Also LeStats and he knows his body the best, although when he does look tired he really looks like LeGramps.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets (02/18/2021 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#30 ***
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I really hope AD's absence gets Gasol's offense going.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: