Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

What's the status on David Price? He's still on the team right?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Schools finish in June. Kids are still young. It’s not a grind at all. I don’t see him wanting to go play in Texas for the sake of it he’s too competitive. It comes down to us wanting to retain him and at what cost. If the Rangers are stupid enough to offer him a ridiculous contract he will be a Ranger - that would be the only reason.

Again this is jsut my opinion

Hope we retain him but it depends on what he can do this year. If he does what he did last year I don’t mind a 2/50 extension.

At least Kenly and hopefully Pollock can be dumped after this season to offset such an offer to Clayton. For 2022, we still have 5 or 6 capable starting pitchers in the fold and are equipped to deal with the loss of CK if he gets a fat offer elsewhere.

As long as Pollock is producing, there's no reason to dump him. He doesn't make that much money, relatively speaking, for a team like the Dodgers. And at the moment, there's no high-end outfield prospect that seems on the cusp of cracking the bigs. Jansen's contract expires, yes, so that will be a lot of money off the books. (I can't imagine he will be back.)

As of now, Kershaw, Jansen, Seager, and Kelly come off the books. Taylor and Knebel, too. There's even a chance that Bauer comes off, and we shouldn't dismiss that possibility. While a $45MM payday for '22 would be awesome, if he has another Cy Young-type season, a team could then throw a 5+ year offer at him for more than $150MM, and that might be hard to turn down. Let's hope that happens, as it will mean he was great this season.

If both Kershaw and Bauer moved on, I'd imagine that the Dodgers would get aggressive to procure another top-end starter, either through free agency or via trade. And Seager, of course, will be a big decision, though if he does depart, there are a lot of high-end shortstop free agents who should be available.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
What's the status on David Price? He's still on the team right?

Yes, he is. No indications that he is planning to opt out this year, though I suppose he could make that decision at any time. I can't see him doing that, personally, as he would be wiping away two years of his career in a row and I just don't think he will do that at his age.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Hope we retain him but it depends on what he can do this year. If he does what he did last year I don’t mind a 2/50 extension.

If he has a similar year as last year, he’s probably worth more than that. He had a Cy Young type season last yr with improved velocity. He’s a $30M+ pitcher if he repeats what he did last year.

We’re going to be paying Bauer $85M for 2 yrs and we hope Bauer is as good as Kershaw was last year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we made some trades to clear room on the 40 man roster for Bauer:

Quote:
Dodgers deal 2 relievers to A's, Marlins

It doesn't involve Matt Chapman, as most Dodgers fans hoped it would, but the organization and the A's completed an intriguing four-player trade on Friday.

The deal sends infielder Sheldon Neuse and right-hander Gus Varland to Los Angeles, while left-hander Adam Kolarek and outfielder Cody Thomas are headed to Oakland.

Los Angeles also sent right-hander Dylan Floro, who appeared in 104 games for the Dodgers over the past three seasons, to the Miami Marlins for left-handed pitcher Alex Vesia and Minor League right-hander Kyle Hurt.

TRADE BREAKDOWN
Dodgers get: INF Sheldon Neuse, RHP Gus Varland
A's get: LHP Adam Kolarek, OF Cody Thomas

Dodgers get: LHP Alex Vesia, RHP Kyle Hurt
Marlins get: RHP Dylan Floro

Quote:

Neuse, 26, was a second-round pick by the Nationals in 2016 after a strong collegiate career at Oklahoma. He was one of the key pieces in the deal that sent Sean Doolittle and Ryan Madson to Washington in 2017. Since then, Neuse has continued to develop in the Minors, including a 27-homer season with Triple-A Vegas in the hitter-friendly Pacific Coast League in 2019.

According to MLB Pipeline, Neuse was the No. 5 overall prospect in the A's organization, and his ability at the plate is a big reason why. Varland was the No. 28 prospect in the A's organization.

Because of Chapman's presence at third base, Neuse hasn't had many opportunities to make an impact at the big league level. He made his Major League debut in 2019, hitting .250 with seven RBIs in 56 at-bats. He didn't get any playing time last season, spending his time at the A's alternate training site. Neuse still has two option years remaining.

Adding Neuse doesn't shut the door on a reunion with Justin Turner or the pursuit of another right-handed bat. Neuse gives the Dodgers a much-needed depth piece at the position and a player that is capable of filling in nicely at multiple positions, including second base and left field. Zach McKinstry and Chris Taylor are expected to fill in for the departed Enrique Hernández in the utility man role. Neuse gives them another option.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers made 2 trades today, trading Kolarek and a prospect to the A's for 2 prospects, one of which is a pretty exciting one. Sheldon Neuse was the #5 prospect in the A's system and he absolutely tore it up in AAA in '19. (No minor league season last year, remember.) He's now 26 so that's the only downside, but he may be ready to contribute right away. Big-time power and plate discipline, and he is 6 feet and 230 pounds.

We also traded Floro to the Marlins for a couple of pitchers, one of which is a prospect. We may not have won the World Series without Floro's strikeout early in Game 6 of Arozarena, so he will always be remembered fondly by me, that's for sure.

These moves did NOT open up a 40-man roster spot, if you're wondering about Justin Turner.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dodgers made 2 trades today, trading Kolarek and a prospect to the A's for 2 prospects, one of which is a pretty exciting one. Sheldon Neuse was the #5 prospect in the A's system and he absolutely tore it up in AAA in '19. (No minor league season last year, remember.) He's now 26 so that's the only downside, but he may be ready to contribute right away. Big-time power and plate discipline, and he is 6 feet and 230 pounds.

We also traded Floro to the Marlins for a couple of pitchers, one of which is a prospect. We may not have won the World Series without Floro's strikeout early in Game 6 of Arozarena, so he will always be remembered fondly by me, that's for sure.

These moves did NOT open up a 40-man roster spot, if you're wondering about Justin Turner.

WTF, two dependable arms for a bunch of unknowns, I guess not a huge loss considering we need to free up innings for our surplus of starters.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

The three best change-ups of his life.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
WTF, two dependable arms for a bunch of unknowns, I guess not a huge loss considering we need to free up innings for our surplus of starters.

They might not have made the opening day roster:

Starters
1. Buehler
2. Kershaw
3. Price
4. Bauers
5. Urias

Relievers
6. Kelly
7. Jansen
8. Treinen
9. Gonzalez
10. Knebel
11. May
12. Gonsolin
13. Graterol

On the fence
14. Garrett Clevinger
15. Scott Alexander
16. Dennis Santana
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The #Dodgers are reportedly trading No. 29 prospect OF Cody Thomas and LHP Adam Kolarek to Oakland for the #Athletics' Nos. 5 & 28 prospects, INF Sheldon Neuse and RHP Gus Varland.

LA's Top 30: atmlb.com/32UCE4V
A's Top 30: atmlb.com/2TDEd3c

Sheldon Neuse just moved up to our no. 13 ranked prospect. Not bad.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
The #Dodgers are reportedly trading No. 29 prospect OF Cody Thomas and LHP Adam Kolarek to Oakland for the #Athletics' Nos. 5 & 28 prospects, INF Sheldon Neuse and RHP Gus Varland.

LA's Top 30: atmlb.com/32UCE4V
A's Top 30: atmlb.com/2TDEd3c

Sheldon Neuse just moved up to our no. 13 ranked prospect. Not bad.

One of the best parts of this FO is they're constantly keeping the farm restocked without the benefits of high picks. Combined with our ability to spend in FA, it'll always keep us in contention.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Jon Heyman tweeted that the Dodgers and Brewers have multiyear offers on the table for Justin Turner and that we're still regarded as the favorite to sign him. But the wait is unnerving me. Does he think another team is going to add a year, at this point? Unless the Brewers are offering way more per year, which I don't see, I'm not sure what Turner is thinking here. We've made public statements stating that we want him back. Let's go, JT!

Also, Rich Hill is apparently close to signing with the Rays. I think I may have mentioned that possible fit before. (It was either here or on Twitter, and I'm getting old, so forgive me haha.)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers and Angels to allow a limited number of fans at spring training games

The Dodgers announced Friday that 2,400 people, 18% of full capacity, will be allowed to attend each spring training game at Camelback Ranch this year as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.

The Angels will allow a quarter of the capacity — which is about 2,000 fans — per game, according to a release from Tempe Diablo Stadium.

Tickets for both venues will be sold on a single-game basis in pods of two, four and six. All seats, including on the lawn, will be reserved. Pods will be at least six feet away from each other.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Damn Cody Thomas crushed it last spring during the original pre covid spring training. Was hoping he would leap to the bigs to replace Joc and platoon with Pollock.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Assuming our 26 man opening day roster barring health and JT gone may look like...

Lineup:
Betts, rf
Seager, ss
Muncy, 1b
Smith, c
Bellinger, cf
Pollock, lf
Rios, 3b
Lux, 2b

Bench:
Taylor
Barnes
Beaty
Neuse
McKinstry

Starting Rotation:
Kershaw
Bauer
Buehler
Price
Urias

Relievers:
May
Gonsolin
Kelly
Gonzalez
Graterol
Knebel
Treinen
Jansen
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I am VERY relieved now. Let's go!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLQRkXyD6kY/?utm_source=ig_embed
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

OH YEA!!!!!!!!

I dont care about Seager's playoff MVPs, game on the line, give me Turner everytime.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Revised roster, RedTurn returns!!

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Assuming our 26 man opening day roster barring poor health may look like...

Lineup:
Betts, rf
Seager, ss
Turner, 3b
Muncy, 1b
Smith, c
Bellinger, cf
Pollock, lf
Lux, 2b

Bench:
Taylor
Barnes
Neuse
Rios
McKinstry

Starting Rotation:
Kershaw
Bauer
Buehler
Price
Urias

Relievers:
May
Gonsolin
Kelly
Gonzalez
Graterol
Knebel
Treinen
Jansen

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Jeff Passan tweets the deal is for two years and more than $30MM.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
Justin Turner deal with Dodgers, per source: Two years, $34M, with club option for third season. Includes $8M signing bonus.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
Justin Turner deal with Dodgers, per source: Two years, $34M, with club option for third season. Includes $8M signing bonus.

Great deal for Turner. Credit the Dodgers for not letting him get away. I wonder if the Brewers ultimately offered 3 years but for a substantially less AAV. I'm fine with him for 2 years. Maybe he ends up as the DH next season. Regardless, let's go!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The third year club option is worth $14MM if exercised.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

OH YEA!!!!!!!!

I dont care about Seager's playoff MVPs, game on the line, give me Turner everytime.

LET'S GO!!!!! Hell yeah!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Total value could max out at $52MM over 3 years if the Dodgers exercise their option and if he hits certain contract escalators for MVP votes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers luxury tax payroll now at $254MM after the Turner deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 19 of 395
Jump to: