Anyone play the Resident Evil 2 remake or original?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Anyone play the Resident Evil 2 remake or original?

Just finished beating both campaigns last week... Great game but too short.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Did you get to be tofu yet?

From what I remember from the original, which isn't very much, you had to beat both campaigns twice, they had an A and B scenario, and you got to play as Ada Wong. Then you got to be Tofu. I think I remember hearing the remake had Tofu, but not sure if you unlock it the same way.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

From what I remember from the original, which isn't very much, you had to beat both campaigns twice, they had an A and B scenario, and you got to play as Ada Wong. Then you got to be Tofu. I think I remember hearing the remake had Tofu, but not sure if you unlock it the same way.

I beat Claire A and Leon B. The A and B scenarios for each character are basically the same other than starting location. You get to play as Ada in Leon’s campaign.

They have a Fourth Survivor mode (Hunk), then after that you unlock Tofu survivor. Did you enjoy playing the original? Looks so primitive... Hard to believe it was only 23 years ago.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I beat Claire A and Leon B. The A and B scenarios for each character are basically the same other than starting location. You get to play as Ada in Leon’s campaign.

They have a Fourth Survivor mode (Hunk), then after that you unlock Tofu survivor. Did you enjoy playing the original? Looks so primitive... Hard to believe it was only 23 years ago.

It was kind of fun, but I think mainly for its time. For me it was more about the world and The only other game like it was the first one, and that was hard to play. Plus you were stuck in a stuffy mansion. I wanted to play that remake before this one. Did you play the Resident Evil 1 remake?

Back in the ps 1 days this game was on two discs, one disk for Leon and one for Claire. So you'd have to jump back and forth between them to get through the game and both scenarios. So that was kind of annoying, even back then.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

I didn’t play the Resident Evil 1 remake. It came out on GameCube in 2002.

I’m about to play the Resident Evil 3 remake. Did you ply the original or that one too or any of the others?

Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I tried to follow some online guides for the speed runs, but I just ended up paying to unlock everything.

I heard the RE3 remake bombed. But I'm hoping they do a good job with RE4 remake. Damn that game was a lot of fun on the Gamecube.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
I tried to follow some online guides for the speed runs, but I just ended up paying to unlock everything.

I heard the RE3 remake bombed. But I'm hoping they do a good job with RE4 remake. Damn that game was a lot of fun on the Gamecube.

I shot the Mr. Raccoons and got the Infinite Knife. Thought that would be enough to beat Hardcore Claire second run. Used the infinite knife to counterattack a licker in the police station and lost it, then ran out of ammo.

Hardcore is too difficult, so I’ll try a standard speed run next.

Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I played it several hours but can't say that I will become the fan of the game for some reason it went too glitchy on my PC. Thus I returned to WoW which with certain things can bring much more emotions.

Last edited by Ogrounder on Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Ogrounder wrote:
I played it several hours but can't say that I will become the fan of the game for some reason it went too glitchy on my PC.

What glitched?

Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

RE2 remake was really well done. I paid to unlock everything because I'm awful at speed runs with minimal saves. I really liked that you could listen to the score from the original game.

Ada was sexy AF. They better do a good job on RE4 remake.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I’m about to play the Resident Evil 3 remake. Did you ply the original or that one too or any of the others?

I was so into RE back then I actually bought a GameCube as that game was exclusive to it. I think I may have bought one or two other games for it and then never it played it again after Playstation came out.

The RE 1 remake was pretty cool though. The graphics looked amazing for that time.

I really enjoyed the stories from the earlier versions where you were exploring the mansion and Raccoon City.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I was so into RE back then I actually bought a GameCube as that game was exclusive to it. I think I may have bought one or two other games for it and then never it played it again after Playstation came out.

The RE 1 remake was pretty cool though. The graphics looked amazing for that time.

I really enjoyed the stories from the earlier versions where you were exploring the mansion and Raccoon City.

Which other ones have you played? Have you played RE3 remake or the newest release, Resident Evil Village?

I started RE3 remake but just didn’t find it as good as RE2 so moved onto playing Final Fantasy Remake instead.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

^No I haven't played either of those. The last one I played was RE for Xbox 360.

I may pick up an RE games for PS4. They're probably dirt cheap.

I mostly play mobile games now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
^No I haven't played either of those. The last one I played was RE for Xbox 360.

Why is the original RE2 such a famous game? It looks so bad when I watch videos of it.

misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Why is the original RE2 such a famous game? It looks so bad when I watch videos of it.

RE is just a huge franchise and gets credited for invented the genre "Survivor Horror".

The original RE game was groundbreaking. RE2 took that and made it bigger and better. RE2 was a classic back in the late 90's, all the kids were talking about how great the game is.

I don't understand why you would watch a game from the original Playstation and think it was bad. It was great graphics for the time with technical limitations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: