Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
Jeez...there is no way to catch the virus from the mRNA vaccines. But many people suffer a higher immune response from the second shot and feel like crud for a day or so...

Thinking back I misremembered. I now remember him saying what you indicated, people felt like crud for a day or so. He's a very good dentist.

@OL, LC, I misremembered.

Thank you NMLaker for the memory jog.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Has anyone bought or received novelty mask(s) they're going to keep for posterity/future use, or do you plan to toss them away like bad memories the second this is under control?

I use a COPPER FACE MASK under THESE It's my understanding CDC recommends doubling up. I'm going to keep both not only for prosterty but also just in case.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

More good news:

After almost two months, my mom was finally allowed to visit my dad at the hospital. She happens to work at that same hospital, but she hadn't been allowed to visit him until last night. Everybody in the room cried, including the nurses.

He has started eating real food, though it was accompanied with some stomach pain. But he can finally eat his Costco muffins (he's obsessed with those and eats at least one each day when at home).

He has also started playing chess on his phone. My dad is a very good chess player and even was a licensed chess referee for many years in Yugoslavia. He says he's not up to the level that he was before COVID (he usually plays chess for hours on his phone), but he hopes he'll improve in the next few days. He says his chess ratings have suffered on the chess app he uses to play other players around the world, and he's not happy about that. I'm glad he is playing chess because it'll help him stay sharp mentally.

He took his first few steps and doesn't need oxygen for now, though that may change depending on his oxygen levels.

He's not yet approved to leave the hospital and go to rehab as he's still too weak for that. But that can also change in the next few days.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Has anyone bought or received novelty mask(s) they're going to keep for posterity/future use, or do you plan to toss them away like bad memories the second this is under control?

I use a COPPER FACE MASK under THESE It's my understanding CDC recommends doubling up. I'm going to keep both not only for prosterty but also just in case.

Jo, please just keep it for posterity. That other thing would probably be uncomfortable for even a younger person.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
More good news:

After almost two months, my mom was finally allowed to visit my dad at the hospital. She happens to work at that same hospital, but she hadn't been allowed to visit him until last night. Everybody in the room cried, including the nurses.

He has started eating real food, though it was accompanied with some stomach pain. But he can finally eat his Costco muffins (he's obsessed with those and eats at least one each day when at home).

He has also started playing chess on his phone. My dad is a very good chess player and even was a licensed chess referee for many years in Yugoslavia. He says he's not up to the level that he was before COVID (he usually plays chess for hours on his phone), but he hopes he'll improve in the next few days. He says his chess ratings have suffered on the chess app he uses to play other players around the world, and he's not happy about that. I'm glad he is playing chess because it'll help him stay sharp mentally.

He took his first few steps and doesn't need oxygen for now, though that may change depending on his oxygen levels.

He's not yet approved to leave the hospital and go to rehab as he's still too weak for that. But that can also change in the next few days.

Does he still have the ng tube or did he end up going with the g tube?

I bet he likes those nasty poppyseed ones, too. Happy as hell for you guys...keep us posted.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

No tubes!

He began eating four days ago. The first day was great, but then he completely lost his appetite the second day, so the plan was to still use a tube. But the family talked to him and urged him to eat and we began ordering stuff he likes to eat. So his appetite came back yesterday. Hopefully he'll keep it up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilt - Thanks for all the updates about your dad. It's great to hear him making such great progress considering where he was.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
No tubes!

He began eating four days ago. The first day was great, but then he completely lost his appetite the second day, so the plan was to still use a tube. But the family talked to him and urged him to eat and we began ordering stuff he likes to eat. So his appetite came back yesterday. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Jesus christ this guy is just smashing all expectations.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Wilt, if you’d like to PM me an address, I’d love to send a bottle of Travarica for you and your dad to enjoy together when he’s ready.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I spoke to my dentist. He did say he thought the second shot could possibly cause him to lose a couple of days at the office. He has appointments set up already. That was his concern.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Jo, please just keep it for posterity. That other thing would probably be uncomfortable for even a younger person.

That just in case is because this ain't ova till it's ova. I have a feeling we'll be wearing masks for at least another year.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Great news, Wilt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
No tubes!

He has your mother and me on his side. He's gonna make it. 🙏🏾

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Got my second vaccination today. I asked the nurse about the concerns of my dentist. She said some people do feel the concern he has. If I have any I'll let you guys know. I hope all in the forum get vaccinated ASAP.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Agreed with LC— this dentist sounds like he doesn’t understand science. He’s probably one of those quacks who still uses amalgam fillings despite the mercury content.

Not that amalgam is the current standard of practice, but you should learn the difference between ethyl and methyl bonds before commenting on the "mercury content."
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Got my second vaccination today. I asked the nurse about the concerns of my dentist. She said some people do feel the concern he has. If I have any I'll let you guys know. I hope all in the forum get vaccinated ASAP.

Just so you know, it's expected and reasonable for people to have more of a reaction to the second dose. The whole point of vaccination is to build up an immunorespose, and by the time you receive the second dose, the first dose has already kicked that into gear.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Hope the after-effects aren't too bad. Take care and let us know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So far I've had no after-effects. There is a slight ache where the shot was administered. Other than that, nothing. I assume if I were going to have after-effects they would have kicked in by now.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So far I've had no after-effects. There is a slight ache where the shot was administered. Other than that, nothing. I assume if I were going to have after-effects they would have kicked in by now.

Great news.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dementia has its silver linings
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dementia has its silver linings

So do (Y)s

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
No tubes!

It's been so awesome to see all these updates during you dad's truly miraculous recovery. Such good news in a world where that is rare these days.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

My doctor friend was happy to get a more severe response to his second shot. Said it let him know it was working!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NPR @NPR

With the new strains of the coronavirus spreading across the country, here are five tips for improving mask protection:
• Wear two masks
• Add a filter
• Choose a better cloth mask
• Make your mask fit tighter
• Consider KN95s and KF94s

5 Hacks And Tips To Make Your Face Mask More Protective
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
No tubes!

It's been so awesome to see all these updates during you dad's truly miraculous recovery. Such good news in a world where that is rare these days.

Well said DMR. 👍🏾

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 220 of 318
Jump to: