Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO

Quote:
“I’m excited to announce that this Q3 I’ll transition to Executive Chair of the Amazon Board and Andy Jassy will become CEO,” Bezos said in a letter to employees. “In the Exec Chair role, I intend to focus my energies and attention on new products and early initiatives. Andy is well known inside the company and has been at Amazon almost as long as I have. He will be an outstanding leader, and he has my full confidence.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/jeff-bezos-to-step-down-as-amazon-ceo-andy-jassy-to-take-over-in-q3.html
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising. AWS brings in the lion's share of their revenue and Jassy is well-regarded.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Win you make a million dollars an hour, I could see that having a job would seriously prevent you from enjoying it...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Bezos isn’t doing it to free up time to enjoy his life, he, like Gates, doesn’t like a lot of the administrative stuff and can still run the company while clearing the stuff that doesn’t have to do with expansion and strategy off his desk. He’s just changing his hat he’s primarily working on.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I use Amazon quite a bit. I like the next day delivery on many items. The delivery is sometimes flawed because some of the drivers don't follow personal delivery instructions. I called customer service and they got right on it. I give KUDO's to their customer service. I use to use Walmart. IMO Amazon is better.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Win you make a million dollars an hour, I could see that having a job would seriously prevent you from enjoying it...

Isn't that crazy? It will be interesting to see what he does next as with his kind of wealth, he could really do a lot of world changing type of things if he decided to.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Isn't that crazy? It will be interesting to see what he does next as with his kind of wealth, he could really do a lot of world changing type of things if he decided to.

He’s staying at Amazon as Executive Chair of the board, but more specifically, he’s expected to spend more of his time with their space program, Blue Origin. It’s Elon vs Jeff.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Bezos isn’t doing it to free up time to enjoy his life, he, like Gates, doesn’t like a lot of the administrative stuff and can still run the company while clearing the stuff that doesn’t have to do with expansion and strategy off his desk. He’s just changing his hat he’s primarily working on.

Yep. He's just focusing on counting the millions of dollars he's making a second and trying to figure out how to accelerate that. It's not like he stepped down to set about using his wealth for the good of humanity.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

^Good point DMR, I still have a lot of hippy ideals in me!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yep. He's just focusing on counting the millions of dollars he's making a second and trying to figure out how to accelerate that. It's not like he stepped down to set about using his wealth for the good of humanity.

His ex-wife is the one doing that.

MacKenzie Scott: ex-wife of Jeff Bezos gives away $4bn in four months to hundreds of charities and aid organisations
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

MacKenzie Scott: ex-wife of Jeff Bezos gives away $4bn in four months to hundreds of charities and aid organisations

Yes, I had seen that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Sorry for dumb question, Chef. Does she get tax break after donations?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Probably, but if she files taxes as an individual there is a cap on charitable deductions. I have no idea what the cap is in her tax bracket. She may have set up a foundation to do charitable works and that's beyond the scope of my knowledge.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Probably, but if she files taxes as an individual there is a cap on charitable deductions. I have no idea what the cap is in her tax bracket. She may have set up a foundation to do charitable works and that's beyond the scope of my knowledge.

My impression is that she's doing it all from a sincere standpoint of wanting to help, and that there may also be a bit of a hope to take some of the "stink" off after realizing how greedy her ex actually is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw, Jeff Bezos donated 10bil to charity last year. Climate change stuff.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

For clarity, Bezos took $10 billion from his regulary scheduled stock sales and used it to endow his "Bezos Earth Fund". Bezos Earth Fund doled out a bit under $800 million of actual cash to climate change non profited to date. When compared to his ex wife's $4 billion in charitable donations over the same time frame, the actual dollars donated to date aren't even in the same ball park. And Mckenzie has pledged to ultimately donate more than $50 billion, so of she actually started a foundation and went that route, her comparable "Donation" would be $50 bill vs his $10 bill.

In any event, based on actual dollars donated to date it's Mckenzie $4 billion vs Jeff $800 million.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

For clarity, Bezos took $10 billion from his regulary scheduled stock sales and used it to endow his "Bezos Earth Fund". Bezos Earth Fund doled out a bit under $800 million of actual cash to climate change non profited to date. When compared to his ex wife's $4 billion in charitable donations over the same time frame, the actual dollars donated to date aren't even in the same ball park. And Mckenzie has pledged to ultimately donate more than $50 billion, so of she actually started a foundation and went that route, her comparable "Donation" would be $50 bill vs his $10 bill.

In any event, based on actual dollars donated to date it's Mckenzie $4 billion vs Jeff $800 million.

And considering Jeff made 13 billion in one day last year . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Fair enough, although when Bill Gates drops money in his foundation he gets credit for having donated money, and the foundation later roles it out as it sees fit. He’s not getting the ten billion back and it will ultimately have to be spent on things consistent with the laws surrounding charitable foundations. McKenzie gave hers to other non profits and is to be commended for that. And it remains to be seen what Jeff’s foundation does with the money, but if it uses it properly, that is an enormous gift.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

On Tuesday, the worlds richest human will live stream as he sits atop thousands of pounds of explosive fuel & a capsule with 270 thousand moving parts, as a computerized robot sets it on fire. The 2 minute event is expected to be quite a blast as Mr Bezos is joined by an 82 year old, and a high schooler who each paid $28 million for their E tickets on the most epic Space Mountain joy ride.

Live Stream
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

He wants a simpler life where he isn't in a rush to leave the estate in the morning. He can relax on the solid gold toilet and then use $100 bills to tidy up with. He's no different than you or me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: