Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I just watched S1 E10 Power Book II: Ghost. Tariq is turning out to be just like his father. Mary J Blige is gansta to the max. Tommy is back and on the hunt. I like the series.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Watching David Simon's The Plot Against America. It's dialogue heavy and a bit slow. But it's not bad.

The book (by Philip Roth) is good. Will try to watch the series.

Just finished it. It picked up steam at the end of episode 2. David Simon makes great TV.

I can see why Simon didn't want to make this show under the last Presidential administration. But thought this administration was a good time. ALOT of parallels .
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Watching David Simon's The Plot Against America. It's dialogue heavy and a bit slow. But it's not bad.

The book (by Philip Roth) is good. Will try to watch the series.

Just finished it. It picked up steam at the end of episode 2. David Simon makes great TV.

I can see why Simon didn't want to make this show under the last Presidential administration. But thought this administration was a good time. ALOT of parallels .

I watched E1. Interesting. I'll watch more later tonight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

Your Honor on Showtime is good. But not as good as I thought it would be. Currently has an 8.2 on IMDB. I'd probably score it a tiny bit lower than that.

It has all the pieces to a show I'd rate higher. Great actors, interesting plot line, and well shot. But I think the pacing is a bit too slow. Each episode is 50+ minutes. Maybe it would be better if it was edited down to 40-45 minutes. Sometimes it just doesn't keep my attention. Some scenes just linger too long.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
WandaVision...

spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Just binged both seasons of Warrior. Loved it. Based on a Bruce Lee story. Sadly Cinemax got out of original programming so it's only two seasons, though I'd love if HBO Max picks it up and reboots. Reminds me a lot of another Cinemax favorite, Banshee, and has some familiar faces from it, including Hoon Lee. Absolute kick-ass fighting scenes but also really good storylines involving Chinese immigration in San Fran, Irish "workingman" resentments, politics, race riots. But also mixes a lot of fun genres, from buddy-cop vibes to Westerns.

In my pandemic binging, it's probably one of my favorite, including Patriot on Amazon (also sadly limited to two seasons) and Sons of Anarchy, which I had never watched when it originally aired.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:04 am    Post subject:

Just watched all 4 episodes of the Netflix docuseries Night Stalker, and I think it was extremely compelling. Rather than a focus on Ramirez himself, the episodes focus on the two main detectives who were trying to solve the case. It is very evidence-driven, very detailed, and, it must be said, you see very graphic evidential photos of crime scenes and of victims. You also see interviews and accounts from survivors of Ramirez's crime spree, as well as from those who lost family members.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:
Reminds me a lot of another Cinemax favorite, Banshee, and has some familiar faces from it, including Hoon Lee.

The screenwriter/producer, Jonathan Tropper, is the same guy who worked on Banshee.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
spflakers wrote:
Reminds me a lot of another Cinemax favorite, Banshee, and has some familiar faces from it, including Hoon Lee.

The screenwriter/producer, Jonathan Tropper, is the same guy who worked on Banshee.

I was a Banshee fan. I hope they reconsider the cancellation somewhere down the line.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
spflakers wrote:

I was a Banshee fan. I hope they reconsider the cancellation somewhere down the line.

The series ended. Like the wire, and six feet under. There isnt some uncompleted part of the arc.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
spflakers wrote:

The series ended. Like the wire, and six feet under. There isnt some uncompleted part of the arc.

Would require brilliant writing. New twists to old storylines. Give more air to characters like Job.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Freaks and Geeks is now *sigh* 20 years old, but it is streaming for the first time on Hulu.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Part 2 of the Euphoria special isn’t as good as part 1, imo, but still really interesting.

Almost caught up with Your Honor which has been mostly great. Anything with Cranston and I’m automatically in.

Finally getting around to apple+’s For All Mankind and episode 1 was really good. Looking forward to the rest. Also catching up on Ted Lasso on a+ as well as Servant (really enjoyed season 1).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 am    Post subject:

Lupin on Netflix (French) and 30 coins on HBOMax (Spanish) are both entertaining. Lupin is like master of disguise, 30 coin is about Catholic Church ‘secret sect’, great so far
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Snowpiercer season 2 premiere came out. I'll check it out. Watched season 1. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the show. Because it is average in some ways. But it hooked me in. So I'm in for the ride.
Maybe it's because I never saw the movie.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Salvation on Amazon prime is pretty entertaining, about power play between government and private entity in saving a catastrophic event from happening
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Freaks and Geeks is now *sigh* 20 years old, but it is streaming for the first time on Hulu.

This show only lasting one season is one of the greatest travesties in TV history.

Was such a great show.

Was filmed at my high school and the area where I grew up, which was pretty cool.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

This show only lasting one season is one of the greatest travesties in TV history.

Was such a great show.

Was filmed at my high school and the area where I grew up, which was pretty cool.
. The other travesty being that it unleashed Seth Rogen on us.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Was such a great show.

. The other travesty being that it unleashed Seth Rogen on us.

But it also unleashed Linda Cardellini on us so a fair trade off
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

Man, Verizon on demand for TNT has the snowpiercer S2E1 playing S1E1, infuriating but the Honor on Showtime is good watch so far (first 3 ep)
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Just finished For All Mankind on Appletv+ and I absolutely LOVED it. Can’t wait for season 2 in a few weeks. For anyone that is a space/NASA fan, you’ve gotta check it out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Very happy to see Bill Camp get a SAG nomination for his work in The Queen's Gambit. Yay for excellent character actors!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
spflakers wrote:

I'm blown away that the main actor played the Homelander. I didn't even realize it until after watching season 1 of The Boys and looking up their IMDB page. He's sooooo gd good.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Repeat post.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I got to watch The Night Manager.

I've heard such great things about it, and the description of the show makes me think it'll be right in my wheelhouse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 52 of 110
Jump to: