NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2330

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
not sure about how y'all doing in cali but NY/NJ numbers is going up pretty high, double digit % positive rates in some counties. Essential workers have to self quarantine if exposed even with a neg test/no symptoms starting last friday (some still get exempt/hospital folks)



It is tough governator..and getting tougher in a lot of places. I have seen the numbers in NY and it seems they have increased to near 20K daily cases after being around 10K a month ago.

Right now it seems like LA is pretty much COVID central and probably the worse city as far as COVID spread in this pandemic ever. 15-20K daily cases have occurred in LA, that iss more than some countries like France.

And my feeling that is an understatement..for the last 2 weeks, the numbers seem to have flatten around 15-20K, but that seems to be because LA has reached maximum testing capacity. And there are more restrictions, like Kaiser is only allowing testing for those that have symptoms AND been exposed.

Also I am seeing significantly less people at the Health Center I work at because half of people who made appointments months ago, can't come because they got COVID. I think that maybe overexaggerated, but that is what the people who confirm appointments tell me. But its still a lot even it was an overstatement.

I heard certain places like Dodger's stadium where a lot of testing is done are going to switch half testing, half vaccine administration. This will lower testing capacity, but perhaps is necessary as the vaccine has become so much more important now.


what happened to all those rapid tests that can be done anyone?

well i have delayed my physical and an elective procedure for more than 6 months now...


yeah, we'll see with a new administration in 2 weeks if there would be a proper shutdown (I'm not really advocating it) plus massive vaccine roll out (2nd dose be damned) if it curb the spread within a month


i dont think a shutdown will work with so many people ready to fight against it.

right now, is the problem that there is not enough vaccine or not enough people in the intended categories who wants the vaccine?

intuitively, waiting longer for the booster would not hurt the results. i guess the ability to double the # of people with 50% immunity is more important than worrying about 85% vs 95%. particularly there will be likely be protection against severe cases...


might not curb spread if just one dose (but might be necessary to decrease death rate)... just hope people don't become reckless just by getting a dose

You're right about shutdown, we had a chance last year in the beginning but not possible now

Hang in there HCW, this nightmare will be over soon


some bad news below.

"About half the hospital workers offered the COVID vaccine in Riverside County, southeast of hard-hit Los Angeles County, have turned it down. With a population of 2.5 million, Riverside County on Tuesday became the eighth county in the nation to exceed 200,000 coronavirus cases."

“Some of them are saying, ‘You know, not yet,' that they just want to see how things go," Public Health Director Kim Saruwatari told the Palm Springs Desert Sun. "Some are just not giving any type of reason on why they’re not taking it."

"Scientists have identified a mutation that may decrease the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines. The mutation, first spotted in South Africa two months ago, has since spread to 12 other countries."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/13/covid-news-us-4-k-daily-deaths-texas-california-coronavirus/6645362002/

the healthcare workers situation matching what i notice in personal friends. those who see a lot of patients get vaccine. though who do not typically wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Posts: 1835

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Just got the Moderna vaccine a few days ago.
First day felt off and lots of soreness in my arm.

Second day and on through no problems.

Another thing I learned is if you sleep on your side get the shot in the opposite side you sleep on.

I got the shot in my right arm and sleep on my right side. Smart!


Got Pfizer and had the same reaction as you, I side-sleep too and felt it the first night. I second that tip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1505

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

lol Smoothness. Yes it is something easily missed.

cal1 not surprised by the lack of interest in some places. And I think that is okay for now. Once a lot of people have it and others realize the side effects are temporary, they will feel more confident.

I think in the end people will be willing once they feel confident and know their friends got it and are fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1505

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

We’re there 3 postponed games tonight? Suns, Celtics, Jazz?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 25934
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
We’re there 3 postponed games tonight? Suns, Celtics, Jazz?


Yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

ok, NJ pretty much opens it to almost everyone, including 18-64 with comorbidities

hang in there everyone, we should have a much better summer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1505

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ok, NJ pretty much opens it to almost everyone, including 18-64 with comorbidities

hang in there everyone, we should have a much better summer


Good job NJ is doing. There is terrific news and hopefully they are having no problems administering it.

Here not there..Orange county is 65 and above now

Long beach and LA county are planning to be there the end of this month.

As far as the administration of the vaccine, Disneyland and Dodger stadium are opening mass vaccination sites.

But I don't know when the state will have the Health Centers, Hospitals, and the like administrating them. My work has gotten no information from the county on this, but we expect the county will eventually have these places participant. Certainly it would help as some people are awaiting for their local doctor to have it or at least Health facility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
ok, NJ pretty much opens it to almost everyone, including 18-64 with comorbidities

hang in there everyone, we should have a much better summer


Good job NJ is doing. There is terrific news and hopefully they are having no problems administering it.

Here not there..Orange county is 65 and above now

Long beach and LA county are planning to be there the end of this month.

As far as the administration of the vaccine, Disneyland and Dodger stadium are opening mass vaccination sites.

But I don't know when the state will have the Health Centers, Hospitals, and the like administrating them. My work has gotten no information from the county on this, but we expect the county will eventually have these places participant. Certainly it would help as some people are awaiting for their local doctor to have it or at least Health facility.


caveat tho, haven't heard anything bad about NJ but NY, NYC specifically is running out of vaccine already (as per Mayor this morning, heard it in radio... 1 week max, the state just have to rearrange supply) but at least people can get the appointment set up and lifts up some of the anxiety people feel, especially about getting the grandparents/parents 'in line'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 2330

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
lol Smoothness. Yes it is something easily missed.

cal1 not surprised by the lack of interest in some places. And I think that is okay for now. Once a lot of people have it and others realize the side effects are temporary, they will feel more confident.

I think in the end people will be willing once they feel confident and know their friends got it and are fine.


now biden is talking 100 million doses in 3 months. seems like a huge delay from original planning?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Are we really out of new doses nationwide?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1505

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Are we really out of new doses nationwide?


My understanding of what happened governator is that there was anticipation of expanded supply of vaccine doses because the Trump administration announced they were going to release "excess" supply of vaccine they were holding back to ensure they had enough for second doses.

However, it seems they already done this a while ago..thereby the excess supply doesn't exists and states have whatever they have. In the case of New Jersey and New York I believe, they don't have any left and have to wait for another shipment.

California is still trying to administer the supply they have.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
Are we really out of new doses nationwide?


My understanding of what happened governator is that there was anticipation of expanded supply of vaccine doses because the Trump administration announced they were going to release "excess" supply of vaccine they were holding back to ensure they had enough for second doses.

However, it seems they already done this a while ago..thereby the excess supply doesn't exists and states have whatever they have. In the case of New Jersey and New York I believe, they don't have any left and have to wait for another shipment.

California is still trying to administer the supply they have.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/


Cali not gonna move to next phase until HCW phase is done so you guys are actually not confusing
NYC, there’s people that’s made to their appt and turns out no appt/‘opened too early’, the mayor pleading openly for the states to send more doses/NYC projected to be out next week, the gov said there’s no more shipment coming from fed, free for all-ish, not good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120
Page 120 of 120
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB