bald eagle lays egg in big bear, ravens eat it when she leaves nest - video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: bald eagle lays egg in big bear, ravens eat it when she leaves nest - video

she laid another egg a couple of days after that...hope this one makes it

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Edit - Deleted, commented on wrong video
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore..." Too easy. Right there for the taking.

Trials of life. Sad, tho, even considering that it's now in the Least Concern region on the Conservation Status scale. Hopefully now ravens eating the odd egg isn't as tragic an occurrence as it was in 1971, 81, 91. Hope this Alexaeetus carusocephalus makes it to adulthood.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Trials of life. Sad, tho, even considering that it's now in the Least Concern region on the Conservation Status scale. Hopefully now ravens eating the odd egg isn't as tragic an occurrence as it was in 1971, 81, 91. Hope this Alexaeetus carusocephalus makes it to adulthood.

Poe eagle. Still, they only devoured one egg. That's nothing to crow about.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Poe eagle. Still, they only devoured one egg. That's nothing to crow about.

Bodymore, Murdaland Ravens, those.

PS I saw The Cask of Amantillado yesterday on YT from my recommendz. John Heard edition. Peep it:

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

^Cool, that's one of my favorite Poe shorts. I'll definitely watch.

On a related Poe note, I'm sometimes haunted the The Masque of the Red Death during this pandemic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

thought it was caruso but hope the new egg makes it
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

Bobcat kills n eats large rattler on nature trail. Not a Charlotte bobcat or its aim would've sucked.

You never know all the stuff that's goin on out there. Puss rolls around in the dirt to mark for rivals its scent at a kill site, meaning GTFOH. Snake was probably fully matured, 10 yrs oldish judging by rattle, probably a Western diamondback by size and b/w striped tail. Also a reminder not to sit on logs or step over them because rattlers will be under their shade or not too far away.

nateball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

Man these eagle cams are a double edged sword for me. On one hand its super cool to be able to watch them grow up, but on the other the odds of survival for the chicks is so low you are guaranteed heartbreak if you get invested.

Couple years ago wifey and I got super invested in a these same eagle parents, they had 2 chicks that grew up and were getting big all looked good then BAM!

Cold snap killed one of them and you had to watch as the dead one slowly decayed in the nest while its sibling pecked at it. Mother nature giveth and taketh.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Bobcat kills n eats large rattler on nature trail. Not a Charlotte bobcat or its aim would've sucked.

You never know all the stuff that's goin on out there. Puss rolls around in the dirt to mark for rivals its scent at a kill site, meaning GTFOH. Snake was probably fully matured, 10 yrs oldish judging by rattle, probably a Western diamondback by size and b/w striped tail. Also a reminder not to sit on logs or step over them because rattlers will be under their shade or not too far away.

Action-packed vid, C. I usually root against the feline in these videos, but this one was a hero.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Action-packed vid, C. I usually root against the feline in these videos, but this one was a hero.

Thx, I love rattlers and snakes, but I don't mind if it's nature vs nature. Humans rounding up rattlesnakes and destroying dens is a repug Texan affair to me, tho I realize most hate rattlesnakes. I don't want any wildlife to be collected and tortured en masse like they were Blue Lives at a MAGA Captiol insurrection. But don't be sittin on or steppin over no log like that. You won't see the one that bites you on the hand or the calf. A Southern Pacific of that size in the video would end you in turrible pain. That appeared to me to be a Western DB which are moderately toxic compared to SPRs, which have neurotoxic and hemotoxic components. A diamondback that large, at least 8-10 yrs noting how many beads are on that rattle (1 per molt/year), would F you up just the same if it were to get a full-on deep strike w/ both fangs.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Those Mojave greens are pretty bad ass, unfortunately the locals kill them for their skins.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Those Mojave greens are pretty bad ass, unfortunately the locals kill them for their skins.

S. Pacs have venom similar to Mojaves, but there's a Type A or B Mojavetoxin that is much worse than the other and you can't tell which individual snake has which by sight or even location. Mojaves are considered to be the most toxic of the US rattler species, but the expert who worked at Loma Linda UMC said he thought SPRs were actually worse. Dunno if he's still there, but he was a renowned expert in venomous bite treatments, had a show called Venom ER. Dude at the end had a SPR as a pet that bit him. The neurotoxins clearly at work in his muscles.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: