THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2956, 2957, 2958 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Rep. Val Demings tells CNN that she believes "there was some inside assistance" for the Capitol rioters.

Demings is a well-respected former police chief who watches her words carefully, so she probably heard/saw some concrete evidence.

It does look like there was some cooperation between certain members of the Capitol Police and the rioters. Four goons in particular support that supposition:

1. The son of the NY judge who had access to a Capitol Police bullet-proof vest and Capitol Police riot shield.

2. The guy with the zip-lock cuffs (how else would he know that there would be a breach?)

3. The goon with the pipe bombs, which were seemingly placed to not only kill or maim, but also could divert the attention of the DC cops.

4. The guy with Molotov cocktails and multiple firearms in his van. That inventory suggests that he was ready to arm more than just himself.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Don’t forget the tempered with alarms and the local knowledge of where to go.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Listening to these Republicans try to take the moral high ground is the height of hypocrisy.

They lost any and all credibility as the "moral" party the minute they decided the ends justifies the means with whatever instrument they can use, e.g Trump.

Think about that as some who backed the guy now run for the hills...

The ends (save my political arse) justifies the means (turn on my prior sugar daddy).

Note, my description is not aimed at all. I do believe there are those who carry a public servant's heart and want to do the right thing. But I think we all know who the "at any costers" are.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Don’t forget the tempered with alarms and the local knowledge of where to go.

Yep.

Majority Whip Clyburn said they by-passed his official office with his nameplate and broke into a room where he works. They ransacked the parliamentarian's office. (can anyone even name who the parliamentarian is, but they advise on rules and remember Pence met with them as to what he could or couldn't do). They broke into Pelosi's office and apparently stole a laptop or two. Targeting Dem leadership or looking for something to use to fight the certification?

Or even just what areas to go into, people have said the Capitol complex is very hard to navigate, multiple buildings, new staff frequently get lost I guess it might be easy to find the public chambers where the votes happen but all these specific offices/rooms?

Not just a mob run amok that was out to scare people, tho' that was part of it. Definite plan(s) by some of them. Hunting for certain key people and/or information?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

The nays were predictable, but I really want to know the thinking behind the reps that didn't vote.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Got chills when the Speaker mentioned the President being a clear and present danger to the country before signing off the official docs.

Welcome to the final week of Trump's presidency.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rep. Mikie Sherrill @RepSherrill

Today I joined with more than 30 of my colleagues in requesting an investigation from the Acting House SAA, Acting Senate SAA, and USCP into the suspicious behavior and access given to visitors to the Capitol Complex on Jan. 5, 2021 - the day before the attacks on the Capitol.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Rep. Val Demings tells CNN that she believes "there was some inside assistance" for the Capitol rioters.

Demings is a well-respected former police chief who watches her words carefully, so she probably heard/saw some concrete evidence.

It does look like there was some cooperation between certain members of the Capitol Police and the rioters. Four goons in particular support that supposition:

1. The son of the NY judge who had access to a Capitol Police bullet-proof vest and Capitol Police riot shield.

2. The guy with the zip-lock cuffs (how else would he know that there would be a breach?)

3. The goon with the pipe bombs, which were seemingly placed to not only kill or maim, but also could divert the attention of the DC cops.

4. The guy with Molotov cocktails and multiple firearms in his van. That inventory suggests that he was ready to arm more than just himself.

Didn't Ali Alexander drop names? Mo Brooks one of them. Whoever Ali named in his videos need to be investigated.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I loved trumps response to the impeachment on Twitter.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Capitol Police Officers Said They Wouldn’t Be Surprised If Members Of Congress Helped Plan The Attack

Quote:
One of the officers said it’s not unusual for members of Congress to bring dozens of people at once and insist that visitors be waved past security. Officers’ concerns were echoed by some Democrats who have been speaking out about the state of security at the Capitol, and the potential involvement of members in the planning of the insurrection.

Two of the officers who spoke to BuzzFeed News said it wouldn’t surprise them if lawmakers had been involved. “There are definitely some members who need to be held to account once an investigation shows the totality of circumstances,” one said.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Peter Alexander @PeterAlexander

Ivanka Trump is not expected to attend Biden’s inauguration next week, according to a WH official.
While she respects his transition to power, according to this official, the official notes children of outgoing president’s do not traditionally attend.

Please, like she was ever invited or welcome.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Capitol Police Officers Said They Wouldn’t Be Surprised If Members Of Congress Helped Plan The Attack

Quote:
One of the officers said it’s not unusual for members of Congress to bring dozens of people at once and insist that visitors be waved past security. Officers’ concerns were echoed by some Democrats who have been speaking out about the state of security at the Capitol, and the potential involvement of members in the planning of the insurrection.

Two of the officers who spoke to BuzzFeed News said it wouldn’t surprise them if lawmakers had been involved. “There are definitely some members who need to be held to account once an investigation shows the totality of circumstances,” one said.

GOP voters elected thugs like they normally do.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera

Senior Trump adviser tells @Acosta Trump is "clueless what any of this means internationally or historically," but Trump has told aides and advisers he does fear what the violence at the Capitol has done to his businesses and "the long-term brand."

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
The nays were predictable, but I really want to know the thinking behind the reps that didn't vote.

Quote:
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews

NO SHOWS FOR IMPEACHMENT VOTE:

Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), "Spent my time caring for patients in our district during pandemic"... "moot".. "hastily called"

Rep Dan Webster (R-FL) "Family medical obligations"

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

DANG I missed it. Do you have a link?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera

Senior Trump adviser tells @Acosta Trump is "clueless what any of this means internationally or historically," but Trump has told aides and advisers he does fear what the violence at the Capitol has done to his businesses and "the long-term brand."

Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks willing to lend him money, just cut ties with him. Maybe his oligarch friends will lend him money.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Youtube from White House Acct (since his is shut down)

President Trump in a video message Wednesday did not acknowledge his second impeachment, instead calling for peace and claiming that those who mobbed the Capitol last week are not his “true” supporters.

Probably something his lawyers wrote.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

President Trump in a video message Wednesday did not acknowledge his second impeachment, instead calling for peace and claiming that those who mobbed the Capitol last week are not his “true” supporters.

And still nowhere in this bizarre video did he say that Biden won. Simply asking the toothpaste to please return to the tube.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

From CNN

Quote:
As President Trump made history tonight as the only US president to be impeached twice, one White House adviser said “everybody’s angry at everyone” inside the White House, with the President being upset because he thinks people aren’t defending him enough.

“He’s in self-pity mode,” the source said.

The view among many close to Trump is “his actions led to here, no one else,” adding, “he instigated a mob to charge on the Capitol building to stop decertification, he’s not going to find a lot of sympathetic Republicans.”

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Is that the speech that took 3 takes to complete?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera

Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks willing to lend him money, just cut ties with him. Maybe his oligarch friends will lend him money.

Or, trade with him. Trump, how about some of that intelligence you have access to, eh? Biden be wise to not grant Trump security clearance.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The coup made it harder for Republicans to argue that any indictments against Trump after his presidency are some kind of a witch hunt. Even many that didn't vote to impeach him are on record saying that he was responsible for the riot. And even if we assume he pardons himself, there's still the state of New York. But a self-pardon will probably end up in the Supreme Court, and based on what they did a few months ago, I doubt the Supreme Court will just rule that he's above the law. They don't owe him anything anymore.

It also made it harder for the Republicans to take back the House, even after the gerrymandering that is to come in a number of states. The Democrats lost a number of seats they won in 2018, which they probably will get back in 2022.

It also made it almost impossible for the Republicans to take back the Senate.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I’d like to believe it makes it harder for the republicans to take the house and senate in 2022, but two years is a lifetime in politics and Americans have REALLY, REALLY short memories.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
I’d like to believe it makes it harder for the republicans to take the house and senate in 2022, but two years is a lifetime in politics and Americans have REALLY, REALLY short memories.

And many of those are morons.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if this has been posted.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJ_bCBWpzH9/?igshid=9wxszq72hwgv
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2956, 2957, 2958 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2957 of 3663
Jump to: