*** San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Lakers (01/07/21 @ 7:00PM PT) Gm#9 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers energy to start games this season is absolute garbage. That HAS to change. Teams being hot, is one thing. Sloppy stagnant offense, with lots of perimeter jump shots early in the shot clock, is another. LeBron taking circus shots, is another ANOTHER. He doesn't have to play hard, post season basketball. But, you can still play WINNING basketball.

Schroder, and Kuz are cold cold cold. Vogel still hasn't figured out how to incorporate Trezz, and Gasol. The Lakers have a LOT to figure out, on both ends of the court.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DS and Kuzma 9-27 for 19 points. Kuzma shooting 16 times on an off night

yeah they were both awful. what's really frustrating is seeing Kuz chuck up dumb/difficult shots.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

People think the three point percentage is proof the Lakers didn't play defense there.

They did.

The spurs were just hitting shots over the defense.

Credit the Spurs for playing a great game. Look for them to go 2 for 30 from 3 in the next game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I don’t want to see the Spurs in the playoffs they are a pretty nice dynamic team with Alridge/DeRozan they might pull off a upset, and you can’t ever underestimate Pop’s coaching ability and his adjustments.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t want to see the Spurs in the playoffs they are a pretty nice dynamic team with Alridge/DeRozan they might pull off a upset, and you can’t ever underestimate Pop’s coaching ability and his adjustments.

Why not? We beat them easily
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DS and Kuzma 9-27 for 19 points. Kuzma shooting 16 times on an off night

yeah they were both awful. what's really frustrating is seeing Kuz chuck up dumb/difficult shots.

To me Kuz adds very little value unless his shooting is on. At best, his defense is so-so. He also starts becoming a chucker at times and shoots the Lakers more out of games than in it.

I use to be a big defender of the kid, but I'm really not that impressed at this point especially if he cuts into AC's playing time.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
People think the three point percentage is proof the Lakers didn't play defense there.

They did.

Credit the Spurs for playing a great game. Look for them to go 2 for 30 from 3 in the next game.

If I get a chance I will re-watch but I'm pretty sure about 15 of those were WIDE open, with a full, calm, steady wind up for the shot. As the game ended, yes, Spurs were also hitting shots with a hand in their face.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LaMarcus Aldridge adds a different element to the Spurs team he also matches up well with AD.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis: We didn't play one lick of defense and let guys do what they want.

Pretty much.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

They did.

If I get a chance I will re-watch but I'm pretty sure about 15 of those were WIDE open, with a full, calm, steady wind up for the shot. As the game ended, yes, Spurs were also hitting shots with a hand in their face.

Yes, the Spurs were taking wide open perimeter shots, to begin the game. Started hot, and stayed that way for most of the game. Bad defense rotations. Not a lot of communication out there, on defense.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Anthony Davis: We didn't play one lick of defense and let guys do what they want.

Pretty much.

He needs to get his head outta his ass and start playing with some energy.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Fellas we were due for this loss. We have been playing like ass for a few games now and pulling wins out based on pure talent. This is a good wake up call that we can’t come out lazy and try to turn it on.

Also Kuz doesn’t fit with the starters, I’d use Matthews instead and see how that goes until KCP is back.

Last edited by BandwagonLBJhopper on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Pretty much.

He needs to get his head outta his ass and start playing with some energy.

He has quietly been a bit weak sauce all season (by AD standards)
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Sorry one last thought - it’s hard to beat the same squad 3 times this close together. Pop has a lot of pride and you can tell the Spurs came to play from the opening jump.

That’s clearly part of the story here.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

To those saying LaMarcus Owned AD, Bogus!

Sure LA went off for 28 to AD’s 23 but they hardly guarded each other. An if you compare their total impact AD still dominates.

LaMarcus might be the worst All Star Big man Defender in the entire league today. An don’t expect him to be a rebounding machine as he barely averages 4-5 a game lol.

At least AD had 3 blocks and 10 rebounds to go with his 23 points tonight. Which overall he did have a bad game.

Long story short I’m soo thankful LaMarcus decided to pass us up that one offseason as we now have AD. LA might get you a ton of buckets but his style of play is NOT CHAMPIONSHIP BASKETBALL.

You can’t say that about AD’s game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing and sloppy loss.

Deserved to lose playing with such lack of effort. Need to start choosing to play defense the entire game as the schedule starts getting tougher.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

DG > DS
DH12 > Trezz
Javale > Gasol
Bradley > Wes
Uninjured KCP > injured KCP
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LaMarcus Aldridge adds a different element to the Spurs team he also matches up well with AD.

If you are scared of the Spurs, maybe it’s better not rooting because there is a ton of teams better than them.
We will lose again if they shoot this well from the 3, so I am going to take my chances
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LMA scored 8, 30,7 points against us last season, we will easily take care of the Spurs in the playoffs if they ever makes it
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
DG > DS
DH12 > Trezz
Javale > Gasol
Bradley > Wes
Uninjured KCP > injured KCP

DG being better than Dennis possibly defensively. Even though there has been some moments where Dennis showed promise and was pretty scrappy. Offensively Danny continues to struggle in Philly.

Javale over Marc, not too sure about that one as will get a better ideal who wins that’s battle more towards game number 10-15.

Dwight over Trezz might be fair. Especially since we are not really utilizing Trezz the way he succeeded as a Clipper. He really needs another Lou Williams type of player to generate him some easier open looks. Hoping Caruso , KCP and THT can develop something special with Montrezl.
Defensively not close to what Dwight brought but hoping Trezz can get better with time and make up for it in other ways.

Avery Bradley is struggling in Miami. With that said I’m glad we got Wes. I feel Wes’ comparison is better matched up with Danny’s. An AB with DS.

So with all they said yes we took a step back defensively but with the High IQ MVP Captains we got in Lebron and AD they will figure it out.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LMA scored 8, 30,7 points against us last season, we will easily take care of the Spurs in the playoffs if they ever makes it

Thank you.
An once again super grateful he dissed us in free agency a couple years back.
His style of play is just not Championship Basketball.

Some Spurs fans compare our transition from Kobe to Nick Young with theirs being Tim Duncan to LaMarcus
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Was a much better defensive team last season.

This year's team isnt even in the same stratosphere defensively.
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

In fairness no one saw the L-Train come in here and have a career night against AD of all people.

Not gonna sulk on this loss based a fluky performance.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Disappointing and sloppy loss.

Deserved to lose playing with such lack of effort. Need to start choosing to play defense the entire game as the schedule starts getting tougher.

This. I hate to make snap judgments after one sloppy, early season game, but I will say the following:
I think players like Kuz and Dennis are better suited to the 2nd unit, and I'm all for that 2nd unit getting lots of PT. They are just scorers frankly, and what we need on the floor with the first unit with LBJ/AD are roll players. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at times. They are making effort to fit, but the fit is just not natural.
I liked our starting 5 last year (KCP/DG/LBJ/AD/Jav,
That team was long and great defensively. They fed off that defense and got out in transition for easy, high % shots. When transition wasn't possible it was half court, LBJ and AD time. I'm not seeing that as much this year.
I'd like to see Wes out there with the starters, and bring Dennis off the bench. Not saying Wes is better than Dennis, he certainly is not, just that he fits better as a role player on that first unit, and Dennis fits better on the 2nd unit, where the ball can be in his hands and he can score or create for others.frees him to do what he is really good at.
Kuz is just too damn up and down, and I think he is also best suited for the 2nd team, where he is free to shoot more.
I'd like to see (KCP/Wes/LBJ/AD/Gasol start, and Dennis/Kuz/Trez with some combo of THT/AC/Kieff on the 2nd unit. Free that 2nd unit and let them play their game. That's something we lacked last year, and it will allow us to limit wear on LBJ and AD.
Then close with LBJ/AD and the 3 best players that night around them, and those 3 can change depending on who's hot, match ups etc.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

what a pitiful game, watched most of it on FF..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: