OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Western conference player of the week, first week. BI is so far gone

Perennial all star incoming. When it's all said and done, I think he'll have a more successful career than Tatum.

They’re close numbers wise but Tatum is still only 19 years old

What? He’s 22.

The Tatum hype has become borderline unreal with Boston having a player on his own team that is already outplaying him this year. BI surpassed Tatum last year; this year, comparing Tatum to BI is borderline insulting to Ingram's improvement since Tatum is largely one dimensional.

Where does Jaylen Brown rank among the trio? 28.0 ppg this year. If he keeps it up then maybe it was actually him that should have gone #1 in 2016, not Simmons or Ingram. Simmons is increasingly looking like he should have gone third or even fourth (behind Jamal Murray as well). I’d probably still put him above Siakam given age.

Currently, I think it's Brown > BI > Tatum
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Most importantly, he’s loyal enough to play like garbage when he faces his old team
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Perennial all star incoming. When it's all said and done, I think he'll have a more successful career than Tatum.

What? He’s 22.

The Tatum hype has become borderline unreal with Boston having a player on his own team that is already outplaying him this year. BI surpassed Tatum last year; this year, comparing Tatum to BI is borderline insulting to Ingram's improvement since Tatum is largely one dimensional.

Where does Jaylen Brown rank among the trio? 28.0 ppg this year. If he keeps it up then maybe it was actually him that should have gone #1 in 2016, not Simmons or Ingram. Simmons is increasingly looking like he should have gone third or even fourth (behind Jamal Murray as well). I’d probably still put him above Siakam given age.

Strongly disagree. Neither brown nor Tatum playmake for others the way BI does. Bi also has the deeper bag of tricks and is no longer a slouch on D. Also bringing it on the boards. I’ll take bi by far.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

What? He’s 22.

Strongly disagree. Neither brown nor Tatum playmake for others the way BI does. Bi also has the deeper bag of tricks and is no longer a slouch on D. Also bringing it on the boards. I’ll take bi by far.

Who’s second?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

BI>Simmons by a mile......
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

What? He’s 22.

There was a strong argument Brown should've made the All Star team instead of Tatum last year. He was more efficient up to that point. By the end of the year Tatum's #'s jumped up. But I've always preferred Brown to Tatum. Just think he is more dependable.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Small sample size obviously, but he's been nothing short of spectacular this season. I certainly didn't think he would end up the clear cut best player on a team with Zion, and I thought his fit with Zion was questionable after his dismal play in the bubble last year. Coaching really makes an insane difference, and Zion's more or less a decoy guy now until he improves his range. Zion will get there because this is kind of his rookie year, but BI's play has been MVP caliber so far. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't develop anymore crazy injuries cause that's the only thing that will stop him from being a top player in this league.

So proud of him because the dude has a Kobe-esque work ethic, and nothing was given to him. It's bittersweet because he'd never be this kind of player in LA.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Small sample size obviously, but he's been nothing short of spectacular this season. I certainly didn't think he would end up the clear cut best player on a team with Zion, and I thought his fit with Zion was questionable after his dismal play in the bubble last year. Coaching really makes an insane difference, and Zion's more or less a decoy guy now until he improves his range. Zion will get there because this is kind of his rookie year, but BI's play has been MVP caliber so far. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't develop anymore crazy injuries cause that's the only thing that will stop him from being a top player in this league.

So proud of him because the dude has a Kobe-esque work ethic, and nothing was given to him. It's bittersweet because he'd never be this kind of player in LA.

I think he’d have been this good in LA, he would have looked the way Siakim looked a couple of years ago playing next to Bron and AD and he would have a ring by now. But all good, I’m happy it worked out for all parties. However, it would’ve been so cool rooting for BI in a laker uni
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

What? He’s 22.

Who’s second?

Tight one for me. Before the year started I would have said Tatum easily, but the way Brown has played the start of this year its close. Toss up.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

BI has been no slouch defensively this year. And the offense is by far better. Ingram is on another level.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

BI has been no slouch defensively this year. And the offense is by far better. Ingram is on another level.

Yeah he made Siakim look ordinary in this game while dropping 31/6/4 with 1 block, and shot 4-8 from 3. It didn’t even seem like he was hot, just consistent while being the leader out there on the floor.

Even the Pelicans commentators were saying he looked like Kobe out there as the closer on the floor.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram continues to build on his breakout campaign

Quote:
And while the 20-year-old Williamson has been phenomenal offensively at times, New Orleans is leaning on Ingram early to be the team's closer.

"I feel very comfortable," Ingram said of the closing role. "I know my teammates look to me to make plays at the end of the basketball game. It's on me to deliver."

Quote:
Ingram is still taking the steps needed to become that franchise cornerstone the Pelicans envision him being alongside Williamson.

"I know it's early," Bledsoe said of Ingram's ability to close out the game, "but all I can say is MVP."

Bledsoe and the 750 or so fans in attendance at the Smoothie King Center on Saturday who started some MVP chants late in the game might have those aspirations for Ingram. Right now, Ingram is just trying to get better.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30641036/nba-brandon-ingram-continues-build-breakout-campaign
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

Yeah he made Siakim look ordinary in this game while dropping 31/6/4 with 1 block, and shot 4-8 from 3. It didn’t even seem like he was hot, just consistent while being the leader out there on the floor.

Even the Pelicans commentators were saying he looked like Kobe out there as the closer on the floor.

Siakam is ordinary when he's tasked with more responsibility. I'd don't think this is specifically BI's defense.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

Siakam is ordinary when he's tasked with more responsibility. I'd don't think this is specifically BI's defense.

Okay, Siakam looked ordinary scoring only 10 points when tasked with more responsibility playing against Brandon Ingram who went off for 31/6/4 with 1 block while shooting 4-8 from 3. It had nothing to do with BI’s defense specifically, but it no longer sounds absurd mentioning BI in the same breadth as Pandemic P, some might say Brandon Ingram is a better player now than Pascal and a legit #1 option, amazing!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

There is no doubt that Ingram playing better this year is making him come off as special. Credit to him. Not many guys get these max deals and come and try to play even better. He is so major props.

But defensively my opinion, is that Simmons is special. He is one of the few players in the league that can defend and start at any position 4 through 1 and defend them as well.

Offense - you are probably right. Ingram is starting to create some space between himself and the other young wings like Tatum, Simmons etc.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

There is no doubt that Ingram playing better this year is making him come off as special. Credit to him. Not many guys get these max deals and come and try to play even better. He is so major props.

But defensively my opinion, is that Simmons is special. He is one of the few players in the league that can defend and start at any position 4 through 1 and defend them as well.

Offense - you are probably right. Ingram is starting to create some space between himself and the other young wings like Tatum, Simmons etc.

Oh Simmons is absolutely special defensively. It’s just that his offensive game is rather limited and with Ingram getting back to taking pride in his defense I just see a large gap growing and the reasons some of us (Walton included) would have taken bi first regardless are really beginning to shine through.

Last edited by Luminous8 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:

Defense?

Oh Simmons is absolutely special defensively. It’s just that his offensive game is rather limited and with Ingram getting back to taking pride in his defense I just see a large gap growing and the reasons some of us (Walton included) would have taken bi first regardless are really beginning to shine through.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

If you all watched any of the game last night, BI looks different this year. Like, he is controlling the game at times different. Some of the passes he is making are exceptional. He's playing with a different confidence - the I've slowed the game down and can see what is happening type of confidence.

I think his D can still get a lot better, but he's taken another step, which is saying something especially taking into account that Zion's presence isn't taking away from his game. He's learned to adapt. I also think Van Gundy has helped this team a lot. He is keeping Zion's ISOs from the 3pt line to a minimum, keeping Zion on the move or limiting his ISOs to the post. A lot less ball stoppage and pounding the ball this year. All that plays to BI's strengths.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
If you all watched any of the game last night, BI looks different this year. Like, he is controlling the game at times different. Some of the passes he is making are exceptional. He's playing with a different confidence - the I've slowed the game down and can see what is happening type of confidence.

I think his D can still get a lot better, but he's taken another step, which is saying something especially taking into account that Zion's presence isn't taking away from his game. He's learned to adapt. I also think Van Gundy has helped this team a lot. He is keeping Zion's ISOs from the 3pt line to a minimum, keeping Zion on the move or limiting his ISOs to the post. A lot less ball stoppage and pounding the ball this year. All that plays to BI's strengths.

I always thought Stan Van Gundy was a failed coach who was driven out of both Miami and Orlando. Was he actually the right hire over D'Antoni?

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

^Who knows if he was the right choice. Can't know that until the end of the season, if ever. Still, they are playing better right now, that's for sure.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

One thing you know about the Van Gundys is that they understand basketball.

I think the only thing he can really fail at is if he relies too much on Bledsoe like Gentry relied too much on Jrue.

Neither of these guys will lead you to the promised land. He needs to keep cultivating his young players and let Redick and Bledsoe fulfill their roles as shooter and defender.

The Pels lost the way we lost a hundred times before when we had the kids... the team got tight at the end and I especially hated that Lonzo turnover where it looked like he lost the ball because he was so worried about getting fouled and having to shoot those clutch free throws.

Still, when BI's bad games are 31 points... you know your team is moving in the right direction. (He did do well running the floor... they just weren't falling for him)
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

I think the only thing he can really fail at is if he relies too much on Bledsoe like Gentry relied too much on Jrue.

Neither of these guys will lead you to the promised land. He needs to keep cultivating his young players and let Redick and Bledsoe fulfill their roles as shooter and defender.

The Pels lost the way we lost a hundred times before when we had the kids... the team got tight at the end and I especially hated that Lonzo turnover where it looked like he lost the ball because he was so worried about getting fouled and having to shoot those clutch free throws.

Still, when BI's bad games are 31 points... you know your team is moving in the right direction. (He did do well running the floor... they just weren't falling for him)

Bledsoe has given him very little reason to feel like he can count on him. Unfortunately he’s now relying way too heavily on Bi and using his play as a crutch. The bench is allowing the leads to become 7 point deficits by the time the starters come back in during both halves. If the bench had ANY kind of reliability (redick forgot how to shoot) then this is an absolute playoff team imo.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Bledsoe has given him very little reason to feel like he can count on him. Unfortunately he’s now relying way too heavily on Bi and using his play as a crutch. The bench is allowing the leads to become 7 point deficits by the time the starters come back in during both halves. If the bench had ANY kind of reliability (redick forgot how to shoot) then this is an absolute playoff team imo.

Yes, I agree they can be a playoff team... but they must learn how to close.

It's the reason they all got shipped away... a lot of talent but they fall apart during crunch time.

I always thought they would succeed if they had the two elites.

LBJ and one other vet to calm them during crunch time.

We'll never know what might have happened but that is still their problem... At least they are getting closer to the promised land.

(And JJ shots will start falling just like Klay's did that one season where he started out shooting horribly)
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Yes, I agree they can be a playoff team... but they must learn how to close.

It's the reason they all got shipped away... a lot of talent but they fall apart during crunch time.

I always thought they would succeed if they had the two elites.

LBJ and one other vet to calm them during crunch time.

We'll never know what might have happened but that is still their problem... At least they are getting closer to the promised land.

(And JJ shots will start falling just like Klay's did that one season where he started out shooting horribly)

The defensive principals Van Gundy is using just leaves such little room for error. The Pels really need a Kyle Lowry type of heady lead guard. I’ve been a big time Zo supporter, but I give up. He’s just not someone you can count on to be a starting lead guard and Bledsoe is almost useless. Two guys in the starting lineup giving defense and little else. Tough night for the Team and Ingram never looked like he got ina. Rhythm. Move on to the next one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1883 of 1885
Jump to: