The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

Guess I'll just bump this here to be with the Lonzo and Ingram threads.

As it currently stands, Knicks are 4-3 and Thibs has Randle playing point forward the way Coach K said he'd have used him had he gone to Duke.

As a result Julius is averaging 22/11/7 on 50% Field Goal 40% from three.

But also in typical Thibs fashion, he has Randle playing 38 MPG.

So I am very happy that Randle is finally being utilized as a point forward and also showing his merit. However I worry that Thibs like he's done every other star, will run him into the ground.

But in Randle he seems to have found his "Butler" a guy who will run through the wall and do anything necessary.

That said, I'm happy for Jules.. but I am also worried about his health during this shortened season playing 38 MPG because of Thibs.

Jules 28/17/9 vs the Hawks

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

His numbers are nice, but his defense is still a huge concern. He's not putting out great effort on that end, which is a surprise on a Thibs team. That said, this is the best role he could have. It also helps he is not competing with Gibson, Morris and Portis for minutes any more either. Last year's Knicks roster made zero sense.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
His numbers are nice, but his defense is still a huge concern. He's not putting out great effort on that end, which is a surprise on a Thibs team. That said, this is the best role he could have. It also helps he is not competing with Gibson, Morris and Portis for minutes any more either. Last year's Knicks roster made zero sense.

I don't know about his defense ... He made 2 clutch defensive plays in the last two games.

Anyway I'm really happy for him, he is one of my favourite former baby lakers along with DeAngelo and BI.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I don't know about his defense ... He made 2 clutch defensive plays in the last two games.

Anyway I'm really happy for him, he is one of my favourite former baby lakers along with DeAngelo and BI.

I can't say I watch every Knicks game in its entirety. However, from what I have watched, there have been multiple instances I've seen Randle get beat from the perimeter because of poor defensive stances and seen him engage in sloppy/slow/late rotations.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Lets Gooo Randle!!! Love that he's getting recognition, and playing up to his potential.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Randle Handle Triple Double
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Randle been balling!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Randle been balling!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

30/16/7 Tonight vs Utah

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can get Julius back when Bron retires
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject:

Happy to see our draftees doing well.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Has teams figured out he can't use his right? Or did he finally figure it out?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

He still finishes primarily with his left, he can finish with his right as he's already worked on that for the past 3-4 seasons. He still prefers finishing with his left, but that doesn't seem to matter when it comes to defending him. Just as it doesn't with players that finish primarily with their right.

Defense knows where your strong hand is... doesn't mean they're going to be able to stop it for that very reason.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

He still finishes primarily with his left, he can finish with his right as he's already worked on that for the past 3-4 seasons. He still prefers finishing with his left, but that doesn't seem to matter when it comes to defending him. Just as it doesn't with players that finish primarily with their right.

Defense knows where your strong hand is... doesn't mean they're going to be able to stop it for that very reason.

It’s funny because the Pelicans fans made fun of Randle when they got Zion. I’ve missed one Pelicans game. I wish Zion had half the ability of Randle. Outside of scoring in the paint, Zion brings nothing. Doesn’t even look nearly as mobile as Don Julio except for very explosion.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

It’s funny because the Pelicans fans made fun of Randle when they got Zion. I’ve missed one Pelicans game. I wish Zion had half the ability of Randle. Outside of scoring in the paint, Zion brings nothing. Doesn’t even look nearly as mobile as Don Julio except for very explosion.

I have both of them in one of my fantasy leagues, with Zion initially projected to be my second biggest star. When I got Randle, someone called him “budget Zion.” Ironically, Zion has actually turned out to be budget Randle.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Keep in mind when you talk about Zion vs Randle.

That this is Zion's 2nd year. Randle's developed his game and worked hard across 3-4 seasons to get to the kind of player he has gotten to be now.

Randle's going to be further along at this point. Zion still has to develop his jumper.

Also they've got Randle playing point forward and it took 3-4 coaches before someone actually tried it. When Coach K has been saying for the longest(since trying to recruit him) that it would be the best way to utilize him.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That this is Zion's 2nd year. Randle's developed his game and worked hard across 3-4 seasons to get to the kind of player he has gotten to be now.

Randle's going to be further along at this point. Zion still has to develop his jumper.

Also they've got Randle playing point forward and it took 3-4 coaches before someone actually tried it. When Coach K has been saying for the longest(since trying to recruit him) that it would be the best way to utilize him.

Randle was more well rounded at the same age imo. Both coming back from serious injuries. Neither great on D, but Randle showed more willingness to move. Julio was also much more likely to make an extra pass to the guy behind him between his legs for three, or find a shooter out of the post or swing passes on the perimeter. Zion legit doesn’t try on D not does he have any handles, or any desire to shoot from distance.

I get that Julius is further along, I just feel like having watched so much Randle back then and so Much Zion between last year and this year, that I see more from Randle outside of that insane finishing ability.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Randle was more well rounded at the same age imo. Both coming back from serious injuries. Neither great on D, but Randle showed more willingness to move. Julio was also much more likely to make an extra pass to the guy behind him between his legs for three, or find a shooter out of the post or swing passes on the perimeter. Zion legit doesn’t try on D not does he have any handles, or any desire to shoot from distance.

I get that Julius is further along, I just feel like having watched so much Randle back then and so Much Zion between last year and this year, that I see more from Randle outside of that insane finishing ability.

I don't know bro.. I think it's too early to make those kind of assessments. I love Randle and I'm glad he's doing well, but as MJST said.. Randle has had a lot more time to develop and mature as a player. Zion is no where near a finished product. As unrefined as he is he's putting up really good numbers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Randle 20/12/4/3 vs the Celtics

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Lethargic game from Randle today vs the Magic. Still put up 20/17/1 but wasn't as efficient as he's been most of the year. Gonna guess due to the back to back.

But in this case it's a very good thing they blew out Boston last night and Randle didn't have to play 40 minutes. Because he had to today.

I will say again I don't like that Thibs has Randle averaging nearly 40 mins a game this year. But we know what to expect from Thibs by now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer

2020-21 per-game averages:

Julius Randle:
22.5 points (on 57.3% TS%)
11.3 rebs,
6.0 assists,
0.2 blocks

Kristaps Prozingis:
19.5 points (on 54.8% TS%),
7.9 rebs,
1.0 assists,
1.8 blocks

Remaining guaranteed salary on current contract:
Randle: $4 million
Porzingis: $102 million

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Been on Randle Island since the beginning, glad the rest of the NBA can finally watch him show out. Sucks it's not with us.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Luke trying to mold him into a Draymond type player set his development back 2 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I’m still sad we just cut him loose. Would you rather have him or Kuz?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

the two youngins i was invested in BI and Randle Showing out
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1530, 1531, 1532 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1531 of 1536
Jump to: