Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 187, 188, 189  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

Streaming

Bad news:

Peacock had an impressive collection of Marlene Dietrich, Douglas Sirk, Hitchcock, Marx brothers, Abbott and Costello, etc. flicks, which all left the service on January 1st. Peacock sucks.

Good news:

Both the theatrical and director's cut of Mann's Last of the Mohicans are now streaming on Hulu. Lonergan's Margaret is also available in its original theatrical cut and extended edition on HBOMax - this is the first time the extended cut has been available in HD, which hopefully bodes well for a future Blu-ray release.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Peacock had an impressive collection of Marlene Dietrich, Douglas Sirk, Hitchcock, Marx brothers, Abbott and Costello, etc. flicks, which all left the service on January 1st. Peacock sucks.

Good news:

Both the theatrical and director's cut of Mann's Last of the Mohicans are now streaming on Hulu. Lonergan's Margaret is also available in its original theatrical cut and extended edition on HBOMax - this is the first time the extended cut has been available in HD, which hopefully bodes well for a future Blu-ray release.

I get most of that on Eminence. It has really good VOD. It also pulls up series. I'm watching Designated Survivor. ABC carried it for 2 seasons, Netflix picked it up. It's a Netflix series but I can get it with Eminence. It's taking up most of my day. It only has 10 episodes in season 3. It was canceled because of contract problems.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

I get most of that on Eminence. It has really good VOD. It also pulls up series. I'm watching Designated Survivor. ABC carried it for 2 seasons, Netflix picked it up. It's a Netflix series but I can get it with Eminence. It's taking up most of my day. It only has 10 episodes in season 3. It was canceled because of contract problems.

You keep mentioning Eminence, but I'm having trouble tracking it down? Do you have a website link? Or does it go by other names like NitroTV?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

You keep mentioning Eminence, but I'm having trouble tracking it down? Do you have a website link? Or does it go by other names like NitroTV?

Jodeke’s TV hasn’t been plugged in for years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Random casts that may be of interest to weirdos:

A trip down a rabbit hole researching Cindy Sherman led me to mid-90s sci-fi mediocrity Johnny Mnemonic. Besides Keanu in the titu-u-lar role ("I wanna order room service!") the cast includes a random hodgepodge of Dolph Lundgren, Ice-T, Henry Rollins, Udo Kier (of course), Beat Takeshi (!), and Fassbinder muse Barbara Sukowa slumming it in her husband, sculptor Robert Longo's, one and only Hollywood film.

When watching Portrait of a Lady on Fire last year pre-pandemic I recognized film matriarch Valeria Golino's face, but couldn't quite recall where I had seen her before. Lo and behold, I find out I had a major early pubescent crush on her as Ramada Hayman, Charlie Sheen's love interest in the Hot Shots movies. Regardless of the effects of time I'd still like to fry some eggs and bacon on her tummy.

A deeper cut in Hot Shots! is a brief cameo from a fresh-faced Heidi Swedberg as the wife of LT Pete "Dead Meat" Thompson who really should've revealed the truth about JFK's assassination before flying that fighter jet. Most will remember Swedberg for her most iconic wife role, Susan Ross, who licked those poisoned wedding envelopes straight to heaven.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

Just imagining jodeke staring at a blank tv screen while concocting tbe plot of Black Snake Moan entirely in his head.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

You get it from AOL via dialup. 400 baud rate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

https://www.buynitrotv.com/. I upgraded to 4 devices. I have 3 friend plugged in at no cost to them. You get all PPV. Once you learn to navigate the site so many movies, sports, series are available. If you try it let me know whether or not you like it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

Just imagining jodeke staring at a blank tv screen while concocting tbe plot of Black Snake Moan entirely in his head.

WOW!!!
Funny you mentioned Black Snake Moan. I watched it about a week or so ago. Samuel L Jackson is as versatile as actors can get. He actually played the guitar and sang in the movie. Justin Timberlake did a good job playing Ronnie.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Streaming

Bad news:

Good news:

https://www.buynitrotv.com/. I upgraded to 4 devices. I have 3 friend plugged in at no cost to them. You get all PPV. Once you learn to navigate the site so many movies, sports, series are available. If you try it let me know whether or not you like it.

Danke. Looks interesting.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Entertainment is about the way things should be. Art is about the way they are.

Ebert
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Where The White Women At?
(YouTube: "Blazing Saddles")
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Speed Racer. In terms of a live action adaptation of a cartoon, it's pretty dead on and visually stunning.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Got lazy trying to go back and find the Tenet discussion, but I kind of dug it. It's hollow, bombastic, confusing, noisy, cool fun, which is what Nolan's action movies typically are. Beats watching Thor 17 or whatever.

I'd make a trip to the theater post-covid if Warner Brothers wanted to re-release it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

Stacy Title, director of one of my '90s indie favorites, The Last Supper, has passed away at age 56 after a three-year battle with ALS.

Link: Deadline

It's downright unfair.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Speed Racer. In terms of a live action adaptation of a cartoon, it's pretty dead on and visually stunning.

I love the Speed Racer cartoon and the movie certainly does it justice.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

chicago 7... ok I guess, I was entertained but wasn't all that. Good for home tv
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Trump should be impeached again for his terrible coronavirus response that has delayed release of the latest Wes Anderson movie.

If the US had South Korea's leadership, I would've seen The French Dispatch in theaters by now.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

TENET is noisy, emotionless, and doesn't contain a single human being and yet I kinda had fun watching it. It's a big miss, but not without its pleasures. I can't believe people risked their lives to see it in a theater.

As an aside, Nolan films are notorious for their challenging sound mixes and he's absolutely trolling us here. Every conversation seems to take place next to a train, or a speed boat, or behind a mask, or insert large nosy machinery.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Ww84 tomorrow.

Quote:
Scott Tobias
@scott_tobias
Is it called WONDER WOMAN 1984 because that’s where the effects came from?

https://twitter.com/scott_tobias/status/1342306389385998343

Another bummer, so boring

Finally got to seeing WW and it was disappointing, even my wife who loved the first one fell asleep.

It was 30 mins too long and all over the place with too many things going on and trying to be too many things a Patty film, a Snyder film with over explanations of every little thing, a Donner film with cheesiness. Doesn't even make sense why they chose the 80's.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
TENET is noisy, emotionless, and doesn't contain a single human being and yet I kinda had fun watching it. It's a big miss, but not without its pleasures. I can't believe people risked their lives to see it in a theater.

As an aside, Nolan films are notorious for their challenging sound mixes and he's absolutely trolling us here. Every conversation seems to take place next to a train, or a speed boat, or behind a mask, or insert large nosy machinery.

I think of it as his Body Double - unfiltered Nolan doubling down on his excesses as he gives a middle finger to everyone. A total troll job with a $200M budget.

**spoilers below**

Pointlessly convoluted puzzle box plot, punishing sound mix, and cool gadget and suit porn filled with empty stock characters? Turn that all up to 11, baby.

Think stuff going backwards is a silly one-note gimmick? (bleep) you, 150 minutes of slow mo backwards (bleep).

You don't like the dead wives, huh? Well here's a movie about saving Elizabeth Debicki from the worst wife guy ever and Nolan's still gonna jerk you around to make you think she's dead half-way through.

Want pre-blockbuster fame Nolan nihilism? Boy, here's a mean-spirited James Bond movie in which everything is horrible except the mother who bounces her dying husband off a yacht railing to drown and a "protagonist" going back and forth through time to protect a human future full of mass death due to catastrophic climate change.

**end spoilers**

And I think I like it because of all that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Please stop remaking or prequeling horror classics, Hollywood. Go after past failures or low budget oddities like Scarecrows instead of rebooting the Evil Dead or Poltergeist.

Thank you.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Please stop remaking or prequeling horror classics, Hollywood. Go after past failures or low budget oddities like Scarecrows instead of rebooting the Evil Dead or Poltergeist.

Thank you.

You have to think of it as a whole different level of horror.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Thank you.

Yes. The twist of Chucky being an app took Child's Play to a whole new level.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Thank you.

Yes. The twist of Chucky being an app took Child's Play to a whole new level.

This stuff is getting too elevated for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
Page 91 of 189
Jump to: