View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Schroder's defense down the stretch, man.

Those wondering if Dennis could fill the role played by Rondo, stop wondering, he more than fills the role.

scoringwise he can...making plays in playoffs, no way

Without Dennis's timely 3 in the 4th, we lose this.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

Great defense by DS at the end
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

roger_federer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Those wondering if Dennis could fill the role played by Rondo, stop wondering, he more than fills the role.

Well playmaking and momentum shifting defensive plays is were will miss Rajon.

I’m still willing to give the 26 years old Dennis a chance to develop into something special defensively. That crunch time shut down defensive stop on Patty Mills was impressive
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Schroder's defense in the 4th was amazing

Spurs had the refs on their side today and had everything going in but still lost lol

He also outplayed DeJounte Murray a very good PG.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Without Dennis's timely 3 in the 4th, we lose this.

Well playmaking and momentum shifting defensive plays is were will miss Rajon.

I’m still willing to give the 26 years old Dennis a chance to develop into something special defensively. That crunch time shut down defensive stop on Patty Mills was impressive
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I love that we're back to owning the spurs.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Bron with a Westbrook triple double, shooting 36% from the field.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I love that we're back to owning the spurs.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

There was never a doubt

Defensively if he focuses on that end, and plays off the ball more on offense, that is when he is an asset. When he actually tries to be Rondo on offense, is when I cringe. It is not his skills that are the issue - it is what skills we are exploiting, he is utilizing and what we are doing with him. Someone needs to show him tape on how many good looks he gets playing off AD-Bron. We need him to attack a lot less off the dribble, because as much as some think that is good offense, it is the easiest way to lose the impact of Bron-AD. and also let iopposing coaches get excited at the prospect of an elite bench player running a championship level teams offense. It is simple to me - championship teams have guys like Bron, AD have the offense run through him or by them, Guys like Dennis or Rondo are elite bench players on teams like that, who can make an impact with the stars IF they play well on D and off the ball. And as set up men. The thing that we are seeing is Dennis is looking for his own number on those plays - he is not playing with CP3 (18 ppg guy) or SGA. He is playing with maybe the greatest duo since Shaq-Kobe. It is important he know his role when he plays with the 2 stars, and then ups his offensive attack like an elite bench player when the stars sit.

The great D and hitting the 3 ball, just made me even more excited that he has the skills we need, but he needs to be a little less selfish when the superstars are out there with him. More Alex Caruso when AD-Bron are out there, and more 6MOTY play when the stars sit. I hope he finds that balance by playoffs. What we saw in the end was the Alex Caruso role can be played by Dennis, THAT is a SCARY prospect for the league, because Dennis is more talented than Alex and can not be left open for 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

As an aside

We are undefeated in 2021

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Despite the struggles, tonight was the first time I can honestly say we saw a little glimpse of that defense is our 3rd superstar mantra. Took AD at the 5, Dennis going into defensive beast mode, and having Wesley out there as well with Kuz-Bron. I really hope we can build on that kind of D and keep moving forward. At the very least, some life of that 3rd Laker superstar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
As an aside

We are undefeated in 2021

Looking at the schedule, it should stay that way for a long time.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

And Clippers getting heads beaten in by Jazz...good times.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

And don't look now, Suns making a statement!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Bron with a Westbrook triple double, shooting 36% from the field.

Unlike WB, was clutch the last minute or so and team D was terrific for all on the floor.

Amazing to win with LBJ shooting that poorly, and team as a whole not shooting well. Look at Clips at the moment, right now they are showing what I am watching for - a team that can shoot lights out but if cold, not much else to their players outside KL, PG and Ibaka (as in, not many 3 and D or D guys, just a bunch of shooters)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Clippers have come out with a major chip and motivation to win, we have come out coasting, out of sorts and looking to incorporate a couple of high usage guys on a team where AD-Bron still playing into shape. Yet 6 games in, both teams likely tied for 2nd. I hope we stay in striking distance of top seed until the new guys find their roles and understand the system.

Suns are not surprising me, knew they would start off strong with CP3. That team already had a lot of talent, you add CP3 to Booker-Ayton etc. and the Suns had played together for a while, now you add CP3, I saw that coming.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Clippers have come out with a major chip and motivation to win, we have come out coasting, out of sorts and looking to incorporate a couple of high usage guys on a team where AD-Bron still playing into shape. Yet 6 games in, both teams likely tied for 2nd. I hope we stay in striking distance of top seed until the new guys find their roles and understand the system.

Suns are not surprising me, knew they would start off strong with CP3. That team already had a lot of talent, you add CP3 to Booker-Ayton etc. and the Suns had played together for a while, now you add CP3, I saw that coming.

Jae Crowder’s floppin ass too.

He might be a con artist how he manipulates calls from the refs but he still adds a defensive toughness and a steady spot up three point shooter.

Miami already misses his presence
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Clippers clawing back
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

There was never a doubt

Defensively if he focuses on that end, and plays off the ball more on offense, that is when he is an asset. When he actually tries to be Rondo on offense, is when I cringe. It is not his skills that are the issue - it is what skills we are exploiting, he is utilizing and what we are doing with him. Someone needs to show him tape on how many good looks he gets playing off AD-Bron. We need him to attack a lot less off the dribble, because as much as some think that is good offense, it is the easiest way to lose the impact of Bron-AD. and also let iopposing coaches get excited at the prospect of an elite bench player running a championship level teams offense. It is simple to me - championship teams have guys like Bron, AD have the offense run through him or by them, Guys like Dennis or Rondo are elite bench players on teams like that, who can make an impact with the stars IF they play well on D and off the ball. And as set up men. The thing that we are seeing is Dennis is looking for his own number on those plays - he is not playing with CP3 (18 ppg guy) or SGA. He is playing with maybe the greatest duo since Shaq-Kobe. It is important he know his role when he plays with the 2 stars, and then ups his offensive attack like an elite bench player when the stars sit.

The great D and hitting the 3 ball, just made me even more excited that he has the skills we need, but he needs to be a little less selfish when the superstars are out there with him. More Alex Caruso when AD-Bron are out there, and more 6MOTY play when the stars sit. I hope he finds that balance by playoffs. What we saw in the end was the Alex Caruso role can be played by Dennis, THAT is a SCARY prospect for the league, because Dennis is more talented than Alex and can not be left open for 3.

Bro we did not trade for schro to make him a spot up shooter. And he’s already a better defender than Rondo. Rondo got abused by players on most nights.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Lebron +18

AD and Marc +0

KCP +4

Dennis +3

Definitely plenty of room for improvement but I’m starting to like how this starting unit is coming together
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Jae Crowder’s floppin ass too.

He might be a con artist how he manipulates calls from the refs but he still adds a defensive toughness and a steady spot up three point shooter.

Miami already misses his presence

Agreed, Suns made some good moves. I would not be surprised if they wind up being the biggest thorn in the Lakers side this year. They have elite athletic size in Ayton, they have a great floor genral and guy that can control the game in CP3, they have a great shooting wing, they have a pretty good coach. Role players. They probably make a trade at some point before deadline to add some pieces, and I think they will possibly be a major threat this year. They have a lot of floor balance.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back

Yep - O.o
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Clippers came all the way back but they won’t win this.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back

Yep - O.o

Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Easily Lebron's ugliest 4th quarter since game 2 of the Nuggets series. So thankful for this win.

Lucky he didn't get called for that offensive foul.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19
Jump to: