RIP Mary Ann

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: RIP Mary Ann

Dawn Wells, famous as Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, dead of Covid related illness at 82.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

RIP
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Rest In Peace Dawn
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

From and the rest to The Professor and Mary Ann, she became an integral part of the show.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Damn. It was Mary Ann all DAY, especially butt wise, although I wouldn't have kicked Ginger out of my hammock in my palm frond hut w/ coconut cups. She was Janet of Three's Co before Janet. Same vibe. Short, dark, nice bums, and underrated compared to the taller redhead/blonde.

Goodbye, Mary Ann. Ginger is the last one left, no? She still with us? I saw a Family Feud circa 78-82 with the cast of Gilligan vs 60s Batman cast a couple yrs ago. I commented that Jim Backus was one foot in the ground. Found link:

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
From and the rest to The Professor and Mary Ann, she became an integral part of the show.

Great line from MST2K: The Movie (movie was This Island Earth, which featured The Prof). The Professor walks onto screen for his first scene and before he says anything, they go, "What's this '...and the rest' crap?!"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

You finally got off the island. Ginger is still hanging in there. The rest of the crew is setting up a hut for you. RIP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Damn. It was Mary Ann all DAY, especially butt wise, although I wouldn't have kicked Ginger out of my hammock in my palm frond hut w/ coconut cups. She was Janet of Three's Co before Janet. Same vibe. Short, dark, nice bums, and underrated compared to the taller redhead/blonde.

Goodbye, Mary Ann. Ginger is the last one left, no? She still with us? I saw a Family Feud circa 78-82 with the cast of Gilligan vs 60s Batman cast a couple yrs ago. I commented that Jim Backus was one foot in the ground. Found link:

Dem shorts...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...

That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Dem shorts...

She was a QT, man. It's hard to fathom, but this generation if not the one before it knows not of Gilligan's Island. Sh that was as ubiquitous as The Brady Bunch and Happy Days. In fact, that stuff was all so ubiquitous that you didn't have to be a fan to know details about it because it was on so often that you absorbed it over time by osmosis.

https://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/mary-ann.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6jEQ0wfro-E/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3a/b8/68/3ab86868297f8f12ff2cfd481084f8a9.jpg
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.

I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.

Uh oh. So the tales are true. Still, I don't begrudge Tina. Shows she had blood pumping thru her veins. Respekt to a playa!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Let's just say my dad was a Ginger fan . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I think Tina Louise either posed for Playboy or was on a cover.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

May she rest in peace and continue to live on in re-runs for generations to come.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Farrah Fawcett had a similar lifestyle to Tina Louise if the rumors are correct (Omar has to give em up, or they didn't happen, cmon. DaMelo Mule-Ford tell that man to post the tranche of Ginger tales he's still recounting).

Anyway, Ms. Fawcett died of complications stemming from anal cancer. She fortunately died on the same day as Michael Jackson, who was even nuttier than her by a longshot, and thus, that grim reality flew under the radar. HPV from men's rubbish is a leading cause of both cervical and anal cancer. It's still not your everyday cause of death for women who have had many sexual partners who didn't demand that their partners use protection over their active sexual decades, but this form of cancer is becoming more prevalent over the decades and that's only gonna continue with old barriers becoming less taboo. Not saying Tina Louise is a candidate for that at all, just saying she was supposedly up there with Farrah as female Chamberlains in the entertainment biz.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Farrah Fawcett had a similar lifestyle to Tina Louise if the rumors are correct (Omar has to give em up, or they didn't happen, cmon. DaMelo Mule-Ford tell that man to post the tranche of Ginger tales he's still recounting).

Anyway, Ms. Fawcett died of complications stemming from anal cancer. She fortunately died on the same day as Michael Jackson, who was even nuttier than her by a longshot, and thus, that grim reality flew under the radar. HPV from men's rubbish is a leading cause of both cervical and anal cancer. It's still not your everyday cause of death for women who have had many sexual partners who didn't demand that their partners use protection over their active sexual decades, but this form of cancer is becoming more prevalent over the decades and that's only gonna continue with old barriers becoming less taboo. Not saying Tina Louise is a candidate for that at all, just saying she was supposedly up there with Farrah as female Chamberlains in the entertainment biz.

Silly man, mule is the guy with the stories.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Silly man, mule is the guy with the stories.

Damn, he's never gonna give up the tranche.

50s sass, Bettie Page plus 80s Madonna cones:
https://tinyurl.com/y9czz5sa

https://tinyurl.com/ycuypj3a

https://tinyurl.com/ybda99uz

Ann-Margaret:
https://tinyurl.com/y9yecvyw

https://metvcdn.metv.com/sJdxH-1573769853-1793-quizzes-tlam_header2.jpg

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

One of my good friends met Ms. Wells on a movie set once, fairly recently, like within the past few years. (We have a mutual friend who is a film director and Ms. Wells was on the set of this small film, though I don't believe she had a role in the movie.) He spoke of how genuinely kind and charming she was. May she RIP.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
May she rest in peace and continue to live on in re-runs for generations to come.

Dawn was the ONLY cast member with residuals in here contract, she made millions off of that in re-runs, whereas everyone else got squat...!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

"You Need Us", The Honeybees

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

RIP

Curley Neal will be there to welcome you with a big bucket of confetti

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

RIP
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: