PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Guardian link
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The mayor, who has been briefed, kind of slipped and semi corroborated the 5G theory, and the FBI isn’t out asking colleagues to indicate if he spoke on that subject to them out of thin air. Told neighbors he would be remembered. Made every effort to not take lives other than his own, making the location a key for reasons other than killing.

And yet the media refuse to call the white man who committed the act what he is . . . a suicide bomber who committed an act of terrorism.

White Privilege gets you a lot of stuff, even after you bomb a city block.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I just googled Nashville bomber updates and read several articles. Only one I remember was the guardian.

Thanks. The world is going to remember me is chilling. I'm searching for the Qanon connection.

That was found in the fact that the fbi was asking his former clients about that, and the mayor indicated something to that effect in targeting the att bldg.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Guardian link

Quote:
Fridrich also told the local WSMV TV station that federal agents had asked him if Warner had a paranoia about 5G technology. Promoted by the rightwing cult movement QAnon, among others, the conspiracy theory makes wild claims about 5G.

Doesn't say he had a connection, just Fridrich was asked about paranoia. From what I've read he didn't seem like a person who would connect with an entity like Qanon.

I'm more inclined to think depression is the reason and the lyrics to Downtown. for why he parked downtown. It'll be interesting to see what officials come up with.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Guardian link

Quote:
Fridrich also told the local WSMV TV station that federal agents had asked him if Warner had a paranoia about 5G technology. Promoted by the rightwing cult movement QAnon, among others, the conspiracy theory makes wild claims about 5G.

Doesn't say he had a connection, just Fridrich was asked about paranoia. From what I've read he didn't seem like a person who would connect with an entity like Qanon.

I'm more inclined to think depression is the reason and the lyrics to Downtown. for why he parked downtown. It'll be interesting to see what officials come up with.

Right, because in no way would someone who is so sane that he would pack his RV with powerful explosives and blow himself to pieces while taking out a city block that included a major telecommunications center that supported 5G while playing a hit tune from the '60's be susceptible to something nutty like QAnon.

(meanwhile, you have read so much about him that you feel you can claim to know what he was and was not susceptible to, yet completely missed all the reports indicating he may have believed to the 5G conspiracy)
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

[quote="DaMuleRules"]
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Guardian link

Quote:

Quote:
Right, because in no way would someone who is so sane that he would pack his RV with powerful explosives and blow himself to pieces while taking out a city block while playing a hit tune from the '60's be susceptible to something nutty like QAnon.

Didn't say that, you did. Didn't say he wasn't connected, said from what I've read I didn't think it. I gave an opinion on the bombing and listed reasons why I surmised them.

Quote:
(meanwhile, you have read so much about him that you feel you can claim to know what he was and was not susceptible to, yet completely missed all the reports indicating he may have believed to the 5G conspiracy)

I'm not claiming anything. I opined, cancer the reason for suicide and the lyrics to Downtown why he may have parked there. Those are my opinions.

I haven't read any reports that said he may believe in the 5G conspiracy. I read the station manager was asked about it. Do you have a link? I'd like to read it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Didn't say that, you did.

Ummm . . .

jodeke wrote:
From what I've read he didn't seem like a person who would connect with an entity like Qanon.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Didn't say that, you did.

Ummm . . .

jodeke wrote:
From what I've read he didn't seem like a person who would connect with an entity like Qanon.

You wrote:
Quote:

Right, because in no way would someone who is so sane that he would pack his RV with powerful explosives and blow himself to pieces while taking out a city block while playing a hit tune from the '60's be susceptible to something nutty like QAnon.

I offered an opinion on what I thought he seemed like. Didn't say he couldn't be susceptible to something nutty. People who knew him were surprised by the bombing. I haven't seen anything connecting him to QAnon, have you? If so I'd like to read it.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Like I said, the fbi doesn’t just go around asking specific questions like that (and the mayor also referenced it) for no reason. And a depressed dying man doesn’t spend the time and expertise necessary to acquire and build that bomb to go kill himself downtown over a song. After basically bragging to his neighbors that he’d be famous. Not how that generally works. He had a statement to make and a non human target.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why the FBI do things. I have an opinion base on how I feel. I'm not an expert, just a run of the mill Internet poster with an opinion.

I don't know what a depressed person would do, I'm not qualified to say what they would or would not do.

I don't think it was over a song. The lyrics inferred depression and the location.

Why he said he would be famous could be for many reasons. I'm not going to speculate because that's all it would be speculation.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Like I said, the fbi doesn’t just go around asking specific questions like that (and the mayor also referenced it) for no reason. And a depressed dying man doesn’t spend the time and expertise necessary to acquire and build that bomb to go kill himself downtown over a song. After basically bragging to his neighbors that he’d be famous. Not how that generally works. He had a statement to make and a non human target.

As I said when I posted this, many found the location of the explosion suspicious to the extent that experts didn't believe it was a coincidence. This wasn't just a simple suicide of a depressed man. Those people take themselves out quietly and alone.

This was a statement, and the statement was damage and destruction with no human carnage. So what was damaged is significant. As you point out, this is how investigation works. You follow what is known to logical suspicions as to motive. Not just randomly speculate on rumor. Depressed dude fascinated with a song doesn't blow up a city block to make a statement about the songs title. That doesn't make you famous in the way that crippling a city's communications does.

And this is an interesting anecdote that demonstrates why the location of the explosion is logical starting point of such an investigation and suspicions as to motive:

Eerie Police Body Cam
COP SAYS, 'GOOD SPOT FOR A BOMB'

The Nashville police officers who were on scene just minutes before the massive blast walked right by the RV that exploded and devastated the downtown area, and you hear one of them say, "Good spot for a bomb."

Body cam from the Christmas Day explosion was just released, and you hear the 2 cops talking as they pass the RV. One of them says, "That building that it's next to [AT&T] houses all the hard lines for phones throughout the southeast." The other cop says, "Makes sense. Good spot for a bomb."

. . .

Authorities say Warner was the suicide bomber behind the explosion. Cops believe he may have been paranoid about 5G technology, leading him to carry out the attack.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Not the Onion:

NBC News: Feds probing if Nashville bomber believed in lizard people conspiracy

Quote:
Investigators are exploring several conspiracy theories as potential motives behind the Christmas Day bombing outside an AT&T building in Nashville, including evidence that the bomber believed in lizard people and a so-called reptilian conspiracy, two senior law enforcement officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

Quote:
Since Saturday, authorities have been probing Warner’s digital devices — which one official says includes a significant trove of pictures, videos and writings — looking for any clues on what drove the man to set off a powerful bomb inside his recreational vehicle that took down communications networks and injured several people in downtown Nashville.

Specifically, investigators are looking into the suspect’s previous trips to an undisclosed location in Tennessee where he would camp out in his R.V. and according to the suspect’s statements to others, hunt possible aliens, the officials said.

In addition, investigators are aware of statements the suspect made about an internet conspiracy that powerful politicians and Hollywood figures are actually lizards or other reptiles who have extraterrestrial origins and are taking over society, the officials said.

Quote:
Believers in the unfounded conspiracy theory believe that politicians, including the Clintons and the comedian Bob Hope, who died in 2003, were actually lizard-like creatures sent to earth and are responsible for a number of historic tragedies. Justin Bieber and the Obamas have also been named in the conspiracy theory.

Federal investigators have also asked associates and acquaintances of Warner whether he believed in equally unfounded conspiracy theories about AT&T and 5G mobile service and whether that was a motivation for choosing the AT&T building as the site of the bombing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Some of the theories about Warner from legit expersts make sense. Experts are working hard to get to the truth. I'm following and waiting for a conclusion. I believe in what they're doing. If I gave the impression I don't believe in them let me clarify, I do.

Some of what I'm reading gives rise to Warner being a bit on the odd side. I googled the address. It was an early view before the bombing. It didn't show any destruction. If google is accurate the ATT building is a very tall building.

My take on the bombing is not based on anything other than my interpretation of the song Downtown. That's a conspiracy at its apex. The probability of it being true is next to none but I'm gonna stick with it.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I suspect these oddball conspiracies were started by Russian stooges, knowing a great deal of the Dumbmerican populace could be manipulated by them.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
From what I've read the reason for the bombing may be depression. He has cancer and believes he's dying. Why he parked where he did may be in the lyrics of the song Downtown.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown.
When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know downtown.
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

Good eye, Joe. It's probably a near certainty that he had major depression if not other clinical diagnoses IF he was going to a shrink. However, my take is who hasn't had a period, long/short/lifelong, of major depression and/or GAD? AJ Soprano's shrink said he sounded depressed and AJ replied, "I mean how can you NOT be?! You'd have to be BLEEPING! NUTS! not to be...." Same epi he had a college lit class where the prof was teaching them existentialist notions, "The world is too much with us," etc. She had him read the poem "The Second Coming" by Yeats and it affected poor AJ's outlook. It may seem silly to anyone but Warner himself, but the lyrics to Downtown in his mind might've been personal to him just like you said. Depressed people take things outside of themselves personally and they have an external locus of control in general. AJ in that epi was disturbed by the Israeli Palestinian conflict, e.g. His shrink said, "You seem to be taking it all personally..."

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I suspect these oddball conspiracies were started by Russian stooges, knowing a great deal of the Dumbmerican populace could be manipulated by them.

The theories were shared by some in the intelligence community . . . it had all the markings of a probe attack.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

That would all make sense minus the lizard people and hunting aliens stuff, and building a sophisticated non designed not just to take him out, but do significant structural damage, not to mention the bragging about being famous to the neighbors, and a host of other things.

I don’t doubt he was depressed. Maybe he even was terminally ill. But there’s no doubt he had a lot more on his mind than I think I will to downtown and kill myself to Downtown. He was a computer, internet, security, and likely communications proficient professional with sophisticated bomb making skills and a penchant for beliefs that would certainly coincide with parking said bomb right next to a major communications hub a lot more than a grandiose lucky shot.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
From what I've read the reason for the bombing may be depression. He has cancer and believes he's dying. Why he parked where he did may be in the lyrics of the song Downtown.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown.
When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know downtown.
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

Good eye, Joe. It's probably a near certainty that he had major depression if not other clinical diagnoses IF he was going to a shrink. However, my take is who hasn't had a period, long/short/lifelong, of major depression and/or GAD? AJ Soprano's shrink said he sounded depressed and AJ replied, "I mean how can you NOT be?! You'd have to be BLEEPING! NUTS! not to be...." Same epi he had a college lit class where the prof was teaching them existentialist notions, "The world is too much with us," etc. She had him read the poem "The Second Coming" by Yeats and it affected poor AJ's outlook. It may seem silly to anyone but Warner himself, but the lyrics to Downtown in his mind might've been personal to him just like you said. Depressed people take things outside of themselves personally and they have an external locus of control in general. AJ in that epi was disturbed by the Israeli Palestinian conflict, e.g. His shrink said, "You seem to be taking it all personally..."

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nashville bombing: Bomber's life was 'spiraling out of control'

https://tinyurl.com/y7dhj9cn
So the bomber was hanging out with "crack heads and drug addicts". What was his motivation to blow up that area in particular?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nashville bombing: Bomber's life was 'spiraling out of control'

See, there ya have it, Jodeke.

The rough beast with slow thighs that slouched towards Nashville to be born turned out to be a 98 RV with a bomb inside.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I’m always struck by how when a mass murderer or terrorist is white, we come up with all kinds of labels and allowances about his potential motives and sad feelings. If this guy was Arab or black, he’d be called what he is...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’m always struck by how when a mass murderer or terrorist is white, we come up with all kinds of labels and allowances about his potential motives and sad feelings. If this guy was Arab or black, he’d be called what he is...

I do that in every case that I decide to comment on, just sayin. The only distinction I make is whether it was a homegrown subject or a terrorist(s) a la San Berdoo. However, white guys like this fit a repeatable pattern it seems. They are suicidal and wanna make a display of it to disturb onlookers for the rest of their lives a la Budd Dwyer (shot himself in mouth at press conf in 87, Pennsylvania Treasurer about to go away for fraud and huge no-bid contracts he benefitted from) and the Calif freeway pass suicide in 98. Dwyer sitting there w/ a blank face and blood streaming from his nose was horrible. Can't un-remember it.

Subset are the white guys who wanna destroy sht on their way out like BOTH Tankmen and RV Man. The first Tankman had an Abrams and the more recent Tankman had the homemade killdozer. Overpass Suicide Man had a similar problem in that he was dying of AIDS and blamed HMOs for not giving adequate care (he put out a banner w/ that kind of sentiment on it). This kind of thing just isn't something you'd expect from anyone other than one of those two groups (terrorists or suicide/homicide white men). I'm sure you could drudge up an instance of, say, an African-American man doing something similar, but when you first hear a report like Nashville w/o any details, your mind immediately thinks of white guy going postal until proven otherwise.

I think I understand that you want these guys to be called terrorists as well, which I'm fine with, tho I'm not sure it fits the technical definition. Tim McVeigh was the clearest case of a white terrorist because he was targeting the govt itself instead of just killing random people like Vegas. UnaBomber was another definite white guy terrorist. I don't know what Vegas' agenda was if he had one at all. The Sandy Hook shooter had at least some array of mental issues, doesn't even look like a human. Ugh. His mom whom he offed can be thanked for introing him to guns. Columbine shooters were terrorists against the school. One was a sociopath and the other a depressive case his whole life. They fed off each other. I just re-watched the SHO docu "Active Shooter: Columbine" yesterday matter of fact. I don't understand the notion that you shouldn't delve into the whys.

End of the day, I totally disavow violence and actually mean it. None of these people who bring others into their suicides or murder-suicides deserve any pity. However, there is room to investigate motives and reasons. None of them got up one day and decided to do what they did on a whim.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The endless variety of white shooters/bombers who want to terrorize or hurt what they consider to be the enemy is long, but they are always lone wolves, guys with mental illness, what have you. From what I’ve seen so far, this guy fits the profile of wanting to take down that node on his way out. Certainly to make a big show and frighten a bunch of people and do damage. Right wing domestic terrorists are what they are, and should be called.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The endless variety of white shooters/bombers who want to terrorize or hurt what they consider to be the enemy is long, but they are always lone wolves, guys with mental illness, what have you. From what I’ve seen so far, this guy fits the profile of wanting to take down that node on his way out. Certainly to make a big show and frighten a bunch of people and do damage. Right wing domestic terrorists are what they are, and should be called.

That's a good umbrella term for many cases. Got no problem w/ that one. The kids like the (Asian) VA Tech shooter and the Sandy Hook shooter are legit mentalists. I can't w/o knowing a lot more about them believe either of them were fully sane or emotionally healthy. The VA Tech kid's writings were absolutely bizarre. Only thing that sucks is that they get warning signs like VA Tech turning in a paper talking about killing people and nothing is done to remove said person and force him/her to be analyzed or given mental health treatment. Anything to lessen the odds that they'll decide to do what they did, but nothing is done, every damn time.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

NASHVILLE BOMBER ANTHONY WARNER
SENT CONSPIRACY LETTERS TO PALS
Lizard People, Aliens, Etc.

Definitely not a guy who'd be into QAnon . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: