Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 210, 211, 212 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilt and Larry C - can't wait to read that your families are ready to be bored to death at home

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I hear ya CL. I just don't feel comfortable using VA medical. I'm gonna wait on Kaiser.

I follow CDC recommendations. I stay at home most days. On the few occasions I venture into the public I'm very careful. I keep 10 feet social distancing, wear a mask, and gloves that I discard in the trash outside of my apartment. I don't change clothes, that may be the one area where I'm deficient.

Jo -- I took all the prudent and reasonable precautions as well.

One thing I say a lot is that human brains are simply bad risk evaluators. We consistently weigh the odds and come to the wrong conclusion.

On one hand, you have the ability to get the vaccine NOW from the VA, but on the flip side you claim some risk associated with using the VA to do so.

On the other hand, you have the ability to get the vaccine some time down the road from KP, but on the flip side you have to wait until sometime next year to do so.

You compare the downside of using the VA to the downside of waiting, and conclude that waiting is the better option. Let me suggest that waiting is the much greater risk. I know you say you are taking reasonable precautions -- but like I said, so did I. Waiting is STILL the much greater risk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Just curious what she was asking for. I keep hearing stories of needing to ask and ask and ask for certain things before they decide to finally give it to you.

Toradol.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Don’t know how it is over there in Cali. There’s a little bit of jumping the line up here in NY/NJ among HCW. Instead of strictly by specialty (ER/ICU/Medicine inpatient/pediatric inpatient/anesthesia), it’s done by affiliation to hospitals so tons of outpatient non-Covid related people somehow become eligible and took it even before first responders... sorry, just venting
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Don’t know how it is over there in Cali. There’s a little bit of jumping the line up here in NY/NJ among HCW. Instead of strictly by specialty (ER/ICU/Medicine inpatient/pediatric inpatient/anesthesia), it’s done by affiliation to hospitals so tons of outpatient non-Covid related people somehow become eligible and took it even before first responders... sorry, just venting

I think it's essential workers first. Seniors are somewhere close to first in line to get vaccinated.

Get some back up. Go to Orange NJ and get some homies to walk with you. I was born there I know some OG's.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:12 am; edited 3 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Get some back up. Go to Orange NJ and get some homies to walk with you. I was born there I know some OG's.

Thanks Jo hope u get yours ASAP
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I hear ya CL. I just don't feel comfortable using VA medical. I'm gonna wait on Kaiser.

1.8 million people have died of COVID-19 including more than 13,000 yesterday. Waiting should not make you feel comfortable.

Don’t let irrational fear put you at greater risk, Jo. Go get the vaccine, thank the good folks there for saving your stubborn old ass and then spread the word to your friends and neighbors so they will do the same when it is their turn.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

My Mom just got the $600 direct deposited to her account just now.
That was fast ... So much for that 2k.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I follow CDC recommendations. I stay at home most days. On the few occasions I venture into the public I'm very careful. I keep 10 feet social distancing, wear a mask, and gloves that I discard in the trash outside of my apartment. I don't change clothes, that may be the one area where I'm deficient.

One thing I say a lot is that human brains are simply bad risk evaluators. We consistently weigh the odds and come to the wrong conclusion.

On one hand, you have the ability to get the vaccine NOW from the VA, but on the flip side you claim some risk associated with using the VA to do so.

On the other hand, you have the ability to get the vaccine some time down the road from KP, but on the flip side you have to wait until sometime next year to do so.

You compare the downside of using the VA to the downside of waiting, and conclude that waiting is the better option. Let me suggest that waiting is the much greater risk. I know you say you are taking reasonable precautions -- but like I said, so did I. Waiting is STILL the much greater risk.

I approve this message.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Got tested two days ago. My results are pending. Meanwhile, family members are testing positive left and right because one idiot in the family decided to attend not one but TWO parties. This is all on that moron’s conscious and this is UNFORGIVABLE.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Got tested two days ago. My results are pending. Meanwhile, family members are testing positive left and right because one idiot in the family decided to attend not one but TWO parties. This is all on that moron’s conscious and this is UNFORGIVABLE.

Do you all live together?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks for the concern. Between you and CL gittin at me, I'm having a change of heart. I'll probably contact the VA and make an appointment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Thanks for the concern. Between you and CL gittin at me, I'm having a change of heart. I'll probably contact the VA and make an appointment.

Good
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Good

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

@LC & CL I got in touch with my VA case manager. She's looking into when and if I can get the vaccination. Thanks for the jog, slap up side da head.

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Do you all live together?

No. There was five of us. Three live together and the middle-aged daughter (my cousin) lives in a two-family home with her mom and her mom’s twin. Both of the twins are diabetic (underlying condition). So, why in the hell would you take that chance with your mother’s life.

My mom is the younger sister of the twins and I live across the street from my mom, so I’m only with my mom daily and I make sure she has groceries and countless sanitizing products. My mom and one of her sister’s would go to the doctor together whenever they had appointments. So, my mom likely caught it from her sister who caught it from the middle-aged daughter. I likely have it from my mom but the results are pending. It’s sad that one person’s stupidity can have a domino effect.

Now, my mom is stuck inside and can’t get her medicine and the pharmacy doesn’t mail or deliver. Thank GOD my mother hasn’t shown any symptoms.

My second cousin and her husband had it at the beginning of the lockdown in March but have fully recovered. They’re 12-year old son never caught it from them. He must have a lot of angels 👼 around him because that is rare.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@LC & CL I got in touch with my VA case manager. She's looking into when and if I can get the vaccination. Thanks for the jog, slap up side da head.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Good on you Jod. We want you here for a long time.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

No. There was five of us. Three live together and the middle-aged daughter (my cousin) lives in a two-family home with her mom and her mom’s twin. Both of the twins are diabetic (underlying condition). So, why in the hell would you take that chance with your mother’s life.

My mom is the younger sister of the twins and I live across the street from my mom, so I’m only with my mom daily and I make sure she has groceries and countless sanitizing products. My mom and one of her sister’s would go to the doctor together whenever they had appointments. So, my mom likely caught it from her sister who caught it from the middle-aged daughter. I likely have it from my mom but the results are pending. It’s sad that one person’s stupidity can have a domino effect.

Now, my mom is stuck inside and can’t get her medicine and the pharmacy doesn’t mail or deliver. Thank GOD my mother hasn’t shown any symptoms.

My second cousin and her husband had it at the beginning of the lockdown in March but have fully recovered. They’re 12-year old son never caught it from them. He must have a lot of angels 👼 around him because that is rare.

Uggh. My biggest fear would be doing something that ended up taking out someone vulnerable in my circle.

I've kept our bubble really, really small because I just keep thinking of the exponential number of connections that happen with every additional person in the mix. If my friends want to do something, I'm open to hikes outdoors. Unfortunately, not all of them are outdoor types. And, often, they're the same ones who talk about being safe and not doing anything themselves, but their children are out daily with friends.

Just takes one person to set off a chain of events. And like Larry said the risk assessment isn't always on top of its game. Plus, we also feel like we can get away with something because the consequences aren't immediate. And after a potential exposure, maybe we're careful to stay away from others for a day or two...but we feel great still, so we become lax and forget about it, go see mom or dad and bam. Trouble.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

Update:

Nothing's really changed. Which is not good. The doctor told us that, based on his experience and his gut, my dad won't recover.

It'll take a miracle at this point.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Update:

Nothing's really changed. Which is not good. The doctor told us that, based on his experience and his gut, my dad won't recover.

I'm really sorry to hear that. We're all here for you no matter what happens.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Update:

So, so sorry to hear that. I'm crossing my fingers for that miracle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Update:

I believe in the power of prayer. I'm gonna send one up and hope the answer is YES. 🙏🏾

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Update:

So sorry, Wilt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 210, 211, 212 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 211 of 318
Jump to: