Nashville Bombing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Nashville Bombing

My first thought when I heard the details of the explosion and the type of damage and disruption it caused was that there is more to this story that is significant in a harrowing way, and explanation of the reasons summed up below by someone with the background to explain that possible significance.

Search For Clues Continues In Nashville RV Blast, Remains Found

From Jim Wight, former naval intelligence officer:

The explosion took out a single commercial communications hub.

And THAT crippled the city. It took down the airport. Took down emergency services and police communications. Took down data and the internet, which crippled news, information services, social media, and thus both government and the public's awareness and ability to respond.

And yet, the terrorists took pains to reduce the number of human casualties. Why?

Unless this is a Bruce Willis Christmas movie involving international criminals covering up the theft of billions in bearer bonds, then the odds are very high this was a probing attack -- a test by our enemies foreign OR domestic.

This used to be my job. Cut a critical comms node, see what effect it has on the target, how long it takes to restore, how the adversary responds. Of course, that was war.

This is either something similar, or the terrorists got incredibly lucky.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Separately, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said in a report Saturday that tissue samples found at the scene were determined to be human remains.
--

Could be a suicide of the driver/bomber(?), hostage, dead body the bomber wanted to destroy in process of explosion, random person who was at the wrong place/wrong time. Will be interesting to hear what they determine as far as that goes. Bomber could've forced his ex-wife into the RV and driven it there and exploded one or both of them, anything crazy like that, assuming it wasn't a purely terrorist act. I thought it could've been a test bomb, but why the remains? And why the warning and gunshots beforehand? A resident of one of the affected buildings said it sounded like a 9 millimeter handgun going off 7-8x in succession. Weird scenario no matter what. Doesn't make sense on its face.

What's your theory, Mule and others? Doesn't have to be right. Just your gut hunch(s) at this early stage.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Bluto did it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Several possibilities, ranging from garden variety suicide to murder suicide to grudge against an entity (AT&T?) to political act to part of a larger conspiracy. The key question would be whether the location is coincidental (was he just looking for attention in a very public spot or was the att facility a target). It seems odd to warn off the public simply to blow himself or an ex up, which makes it seem more political, but the reality of people is that you cannot expect linear rationality.

So it comes down to attention vs target.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nasheville Bombing

DaMuleRules wrote:
My first thought when I heard the details of the explosion and the type of damage and disruption it caused was that there is more to this story that is significant in a harrowing way, and explanation of the reasons summed up below by someone with the background to explain that possible significance.

And THAT crippled the city. It took down the airport. Took down emergency services and police communications. Took down data and the internet, which crippled news, information services, social media, and thus both government and the public's awareness and ability to respond.

And yet, the terrorists took pains to reduce the number of human casualties. Why?

Unless this is a Bruce Willis Christmas movie involving international criminals covering up the theft of billions in bearer bonds, then the odds are very high this was a probing attack -- a test by our enemies foreign OR domestic.

This used to be my job. Cut a critical comms node, see what effect it has on the target, how long it takes to restore, how the adversary responds. Of course, that was war.

if this was a successful test run, it goes from scary to insanely scary. How to cripple a city with a button
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Nasheville Bombing

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

if this was a successful test run, it goes from scary to insanely scary. How to cripple a city with a button

Add this to cybercrime and you can effectively shut down a country.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Several possibilities, ranging from garden variety suicide to murder suicide to grudge against an entity (AT&T?) to political act to part of a larger conspiracy. The key question would be whether the location is coincidental (was he just looking for attention in a very public spot or was the att facility a target). It seems odd to warn off the public simply to blow himself or an ex up, which makes it seem more political, but the reality of people is that you cannot expect linear rationality.

I just saw on CNN the ATF or FBI thinks it's a suicide now. Or part of it at least. They're searching a home in Antioch, TN, a suburb of Nashville, so we'll see what the location has to do with it if anything. Some people commit suicide outside of their homes to prevent gore. Remember an old man on Forensic Files who the cops told that they were gonna get a judge's order for a DNA sample for a murder he committed 40 yrs earlier which he knew would get him a life sentence. So, he went out and bought a rifle and killed himself in his next door neighbor's truck in his neighbor's garage. Imagine your ahole neighbor fouling your vehicle up instead of his own. But weird things happen all the time. Some 37 yr old Covid patient in S. Calif hit and killed an 82 yr old Covid patient next to him w/ his oxygen tank because he was offended by the prayer the guy said to himself, per LAT. If the bomber took himself out alone, the rest of us are lucky someone with his skills was taken off the battlefield.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

The location is the address of the person of interest. And yes, it may be that the communications gear getting taken out was completely coincidental. He may have just wanted a public display (but no innocent bystander casualties), or maybe the location simply has some significance to him or a relationship (if a murder/suicide or even just a suicide).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The location is the address of the person of interest. And yes, it may be that the communications gear getting taken out was completely coincidental. He may have just wanted a public display (but no innocent bystander casualties), or maybe the location simply has some significance to him or a relationship (if a murder/suicide or even just a suicide).

I think it's bigger than just a gaudy suicide. It's a specific message.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I just saw on CNN the ATF or FBI thinks it's a suicide now. Or part of it at least. They're searching a home in Antioch, TN, a suburb of Nashville, so we'll see what the location has to do with it if anything. Some people commit suicide outside of their homes to prevent gore. Remember an old man on Forensic Files who the cops told that they were gonna get a judge's order for a DNA sample for a murder he committed 40 yrs earlier which he knew would get him a life sentence. So, he went out and bought a rifle and killed himself in his next door neighbor's truck in his neighbor's garage. Imagine your ahole neighbor fouling your vehicle up instead of his own. But weird things happen all the time. Some 37 yr old Covid patient in S. Calif hit and killed an 82 yr old Covid patient next to him w/ his oxygen tank because he was offended by the prayer the guy said to himself, per LAT. If the bomber took himself out alone, the rest of us are lucky someone with his skills was taken off the battlefield.

Att recently laid off a ton of people to help pay for Warner merger
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it is simple.....but I am going to expect a very logical story. Something just feels very off about some of the simple theories I have seen presented such as being a disgruntled former employee or a suicide. I know nothing about explosives, but I would assume it would take some real knowledge to create an explosive of that size? That street looked like it had been carpet bombed in a war zone.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Nasheville Bombing

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Add this to cybercrime and you can effectively shut down a country.

yeah, and POTUS basically on vacation, we need the new administration asap
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Now we know it was a single perp, last name Warner which is appropriate due to his warning message. Gonna have to dive deep into his technologies to find if the place had significance and how he built such a powerful bomb. It's a sad thing for someone to take their life, but not when they do it in a way that hurts others. Despite no deaths, there could've been. His warning wasn't foolsafe. It's bizarre that he'd do that in a place where people could've died from the blast and he warned them off. That's not the typical bomber MO. Most of them would've done this at noon instead of 6:30AM. And how did he amass that skill and materiel to make this bomb? It's a good thing he's off the map with no other casualties if he was capable of that. Another thing is did he have ties to hate groups, neo-Nazis, etc? Was he responsible for any other bombings?

This reminds me in a tangential way of a Dateline type show I saw about a month ago about a lead arson investigator who himself was the most destructive arsonist in the S. Calif area. When they finally figured out it was him and arrested him, the number of arsons in his favorite areas dropped from 65 a year to zero. If this bomber guy had the compunction to do this, again, it's a good thing he's no longer around to develop an obsession with it like arsonists have. I wonder how much bombers and arsonists have in common in a psychological profile sense.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

This justifies my suspicion of RVs not parked at campsites.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

https://tinyurl.com/yaqr39wd

NYT write-up about the dude/event. Link was hella long, had to shorten. It's legit, trust the non-zealot.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

From what I've read the reason for the bombing may be depression. He has cancer and believes he's dying. Why he parked where he did may be in the lyrics of the song Downtown.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown.
When you've got worries all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help I know downtown.
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

Play song Full lyrics

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

The best explanation we have is that he was a Q Anon supporter who believed 5g was an evil plot, and that would explain taking out the ATT hub. He apparently thought he’d be hailed as a hero.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The best explanation we have is that he was a Q Anon supporter who believed 5g was an evil plot, and that would explain taking out the ATT hub. He apparently thought he’d be hailed as a hero.
is that true?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
is that true?

Comes from multiple reports of interviews with neighbors and with people the fbi has interviewed
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

The mayor, who has been briefed, kind of slipped and semi corroborated the 5G theory, and the FBI isn’t out asking colleagues to indicate if he spoke on that subject to them out of thin air. Told neighbors he would be remembered. Made every effort to not take lives other than his own, making the location a key for reasons other than killing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
is that true?

Comes from multiple reports of interviews with neighbors and with people the fbi has interviewed

That's interesting. I've not read that. Do you have some links?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The mayor, who has been briefed, kind of slipped and semi corroborated the 5G theory, and the FBI isn’t out asking colleagues to indicate if he spoke on that subject to them out of thin air. Told neighbors he would be remembered. Made every effort to not take lives other than his own, making the location a key for reasons other than killing.

And yet the media refuse to call the white man who committed the act what he is . . . a suicide bomber who committed an act of terrorism.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I just googled Nashville bomber updates and read several articles. Only one I remember was the guardian.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

AP link with Neighbors comments
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I just googled Nashville bomber updates and read several articles. Only one I remember was the guardian.

Thanks. The world is going to remember me is chilling. I'm searching for the Qanon connection.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: