** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/22/20, 7 PM PT) Gm#1 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject:

Not worried a bit about the final result, let the Clippers have all the opening game banners.

However coach Vogels has work to do. I hope that he gets the best lineups soon.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

Kuz looked like a rookie out there w/ potentional
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject:

Quick observations:

1. We need an actual serviceable C badly. Gasol can match against the slower, weaker Centers, but he was eaten alive. Can't have more fouls than points, assists, rebounds COMBINED. Jokic will be feasting.

2. Will Caruso ever develop the ability to shoot consistently? He will want an extension and is a great piece to last year's puzzle, but will he warrant an extension if he doesn't develop consistency in his shot?

3. Kuzma is awful on this team. Yes, call it an overreaction if you wish, but he just doesn't fit here with these guys.

4. AD and LBJ have to be better, bottom line. LBJ deserves much of the blame as to why we were down as badly as we were in the 1st. Dude was 1-5, I believe, missing shots that are uncharacteristic for him to be taking.

To everyone saying that "some people need to relax / watch more basketball," thank you for your input, but maybe people see things they didn't like. It's a fair reaction to a team that looks like they are not "getting it" yet. Hopefully this team will come around, but right now, they aren't.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Kuz reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Doll with his hairstyle

https://i.etsystatic.com/9950444/r/il/c80265/2645257721/il_794xN.2645257721_p5zu.jpg
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron will be bad for awhile. He usually has a slow ramp up and with the short time off, you’ll see turnovers, missed layups, all kinds of timing issues with him for awhile.

Vogel will just have to play him in spurts as he gets his conditioning back like he did tonight keeping him under 30 mins. Win or lose it’s better in the long run.

Lebron needs to do his part keeping the ball moving, can’t play le-iso while you are working your way into shape.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Not too hurt over the result, I knew they would come out flat. Too many new pieces for it to work instantly, the preseason was a fluke.

The ring ceremony though, those rings ARE beautiful.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

Other than PG and spurts from Kawhi, I didn’t think the Clippers were that good honestly.

It was more the Lakers coming out flat and when you spot a team 20+ point lead chances are you will not win the game.

It’s kind of a role reversal from last season. The Lakers have the better roster imo, but as we know that doesn’t guarantee anything.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

Love how all those Clippers fans who were talking trash when we lost opening night last season ,
are real hesitant to talk that talk this time around 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

We have some defensive issues we gotta fix but I’m confident with Lionel Hollins back we will figure it out.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJJkfJFDOQC/?igshid=cbkxtokbyfzr

Battle of LA
Since Ballmer purchased the Clips in 2015

Win percentage: LAC .620 LAL .391

Head to Head Wins: LAC 18 LAL 6

Playoff appearances: LAC 5 LAL 1

TITLES: LAC LAL
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

Do the Clippers actually practice whining and complaining?

Has any Clipper ever committed a foul?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Well, despite his post season failings, PG13 can be annoying good in the regular season. I was quietly hoping they would deal him for Westbrook, just so we can stop losing some of these regular season games to them. It would be an insane battle if this PG13 shows up in a series against us in the playoffs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Harrison Faigen _at_ hmfaigen

AD said that he was talking with LeBron after the game, and remarked that "I can't believe we just played a basketball game. It's only been a couple months."

AD also thinks that the energy that Dennis and Trezz bring are going to help the Lakers as they start the season and feel drained.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

18-6 head-to-head matchup. Aren't we glad we didn't play them in the playoffs? I guess we should send Denver a cake for eliminating the Clippers for us. Clippers are built to beat the Lakers but they're actually very vulnerable to other Western Conference powerhouses like Nuggets and Mavs. Hopefully, they take the same tougher road in the playoffs this year like they did last year. Mavs probably gonna eliminate them for us.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

18-6 head-to-head matchup. Aren't we glad we didn't play them in the playoffs? I guess we should send Denver a cake for eliminating the Clippers for us. Clippers are built to beat the Lakers but they're actually very vulnerable to other Western Conference powerhouses like Nuggets and Mavs. Hopefully, they take the same tougher road in the playoffs this year like they did last year. Mavs probably gonna eliminate them for us.

Honestly I felt pretty confident we could of taken them out last playoffs. Especially after we beat the brakes off them in the March meeting where for first time all season both teams were fully healthy.

I’m not saying the Clippers aren’t legit but I like our chances when Lebron gives a damn and is actually guarding PG and Kawhi just like he did embarrassing both of them in that bubble opener victory.

We shouldn’t be surprised anymore with these slow lethargic starts to open the season. It won’t be the same in a couple weeks.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

Honestly I felt pretty confident we could of taken them out last playoffs. Especially after we beat the brakes off them in the March meeting where for first time all season both teams were fully healthy.

I’m not saying the Clippers aren’t legit but I like our chances when Lebron gives a damn and is actually guarding PG and Kawhi just like he did embarrassing both of them in that bubble opener victory.

We shouldn’t be surprised anymore with these slow lethargic starts to open the season. It won’t be the same in a couple weeks.

Lebron's not gonna get a nice 3 months break before the playoffs though. Actually, this regular season is even more condensed than normal so I don't expect him and AD to have the same intensity and stamina going into the playoffs. So there's no way he could play at a high level defensively and offensively and in big minutes. We actually need our supporting cast to contribute a lot during this championship run and it remains to be seen how that would work out.

Clippers are quite deep. IF Paul George could play like this in the playoffs and Kawhi just does Kawhi stuff, then it would be tough. Maybe a 50/50 fight.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

From what I saw in the bubble, the clippers were fortunate to lose in round 2. The Lakers would have demolished them in the WCF.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

Lebron's not gonna get a nice 3 months break before the playoffs though. Actually, this regular season is even more condensed than normal so I don't expect him and AD to have the same intensity and stamina going into the playoffs. So there's no way he could play at a high level defensively and offensively in big minutes.

The same can be said for Kawhi , PG and the rest of the NBA as well. Everybody is playing the same amount of games and back to backs.

Guaranteed load management will come to play for Lebron ad AD.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Clippers are quite deep. IF Paul George could play like this in the playoffs and Kawhi just does Kawhi stuff, then it would be tough. Maybe a 50/50 fight.

Not sure about this one bro. Besides Lou Will and Zu going off, wasn't too impressed with the rest of their lineup. Batum looked dreadful.
We came back from that 22 point deficit quite easily.

50/50 fight? Sure as for now but a lot can change from now till the end of the season.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

Lebron's not gonna get a nice 3 months break before the playoffs though. Actually, this regular season is even more condensed than normal so I don't expect him and AD to have the same intensity and stamina going into the playoffs. So there's no way he could play at a high level defensively and offensively in big minutes.

The same can be said for Kawhi , PG and the rest of the NBA as well. Everybody is playing the same amount of games and back to backs.

Guaranteed load management will come to play for Lebron ad AD.

Lebron is older so he needs the rest more than others. Lebron is also the centerpiece of our offense. Only when he plays well does it open up for everyone else on the floor giving them open looks.

So if everyone on both teams was healthy and rested, then it would be advantage Lakers because we could use Lebron a lot more and gain more advantage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

Next Up:
    * Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks
    Friday, Dec. 25, 2020 (5 PM PT) | Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA.

* Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves
    Sunday, December 27th, 2020 7:00 PM PT | Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

LA vs Minny Game thread courtesy of Annihilator
Kobesdad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

They are a bad match up for the Lakers. They will choke against anybody else but when it comes to the Lakers they are just built to beat them. It reminds me of how during the 90's the Sonics owned the rockets but the Rockets lucked out not having to play them during their championship runs. Another example would be the mid '00s Spurs championship teams how they couldn't beat the Mavs but the Mavs ended up choking in '07 to the Warriors thus allowing the Spurs to win it all.
Kobesdad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Battle of LA

I throw the bubble victory in the garbage since both teams were rusty due to the long layoff. Lebron has a mental edge against 99 percent of his competitors. The problem is Kawhi is one of the few guys that he doesn't have that edge on. Kawhi is not scared of Lebron and has the confidence he can beat him since he did it at highest stage which was the Finals back in '14.

To me the Kawhi vs Lebron match up is like a Duncan vs Shaq type of match up. The Lakers are going to need Davis to play the Kobe role and step up big time if they want to beat the Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34
Jump to: