** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/22/20, 7 PM PT) Gm#1 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers looked like crap. Got spanked. Too bad after battling back.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kuz is Kuz. About what you expect. The problem is Gasol.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

Harrell is a good passer when he wants to be.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers half assed this game. Low energy.

PG won’t shoot like that when it matters.

Clippers aren’t as good as last season imo.

Lakers have some work to do...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

PG13 roasted Kuz tonight. But we don't really have alot of perimeter defender alternatives with length.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Repeat post.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

you don't overcome 22 points against a quality team the your 2 best players are kinda going at 75% all game

everythings fine

throughout this thread there was clearly a few people who don't want much basketball

if kawhi and George both play above their typical production and Davis and Lebron play below their typical production what do you think is going to happen

I think people complaining about gasol, Matthews, and kuzma need to relax. this is like a 50% new roster
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

PG13 roasted Kuz tonight. But we don't really have alot of perimeter defender alternatives with length.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Not mad at the lost. Disappointed but will get over it. The problem is we all saw some of the same flaws with players. Caruso is still a horrid shooter and a terrible playmaker. Think he had 4 turnovers. Gasol looked ancient and like he needed to be on the bench. Kuzma getting abused and Wes Matthews probably should only get minutes if someone is hurt. AC especially pissed me off. Love his defense and energy but man... show some growth.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I thought Vogel had odd line ups which is expected. I would rather bron sit rather than only play 28 minutes. We showed signs.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Very strange game to judge things by. Lakers fall to the Clippers 116-109. Game is closer than what happened on the court (around 2 minute mark left in game Clips up by 17 as they were on a run).

Some notes:

Lakers were down by as much as 22 in first half, battled back and got within 2. In second half they actually tied the game, but time after time, almost on que, everytime Lakers could have taken the lead, they missed the shot, and Clippers would come down and hit a shot (usually a 3). They just could not get over the hump.

With that said, did they really put the entire effort to do so? Nope. Putting effort aside, LBJ was pulled [*as in he did not return] with almost 8 minutes to go in the 4th, Lakers down 99-92. After that happened, Clippers would go on a 12-2 run and pull to a 17 point lead. Had the Lakers really been all in, LBJ would have been put back earlier (played 28 minutes). During this run, the killer moment was a possession where game was still within reach with a run, but Clippers got something like 4 offensive boards, ran over a minute off the clock, and scored. That was basically the end for the Lakers.

Clippers were shooting pretty damn well from 3, were hovering around 40% as they pulled away in the 4th - it dropped as they missed down the last couple minutes. Lakers 3 shooting was not very good, and ended at 31%.

My annoyances in this game came from the following:

1. Gasol. More fouls than his points/assists/boards/blocks/steals combined. That's pathetic. He also seemed to have a huge target on his head as the Clippers drove into the lane and many times at him over and over. Got into foul trouble, played all of 12 minutes. He appears extraordinarily slow and made me miss McGee of all people.

2. Overusage of Kuzma. I must be in a different universe as I do not think he deserves this much play. Putting him on PG or KL did not seem like a good strategy. While he scored in his time in (especially in late garbage time) he did not seem very impactful. He played 27 minutes - waaay too many for him IMO, at the Cost of guys like THT.

3. I was disappointed THT was not given a chance to just change the dynamic of the game. He was by far the most impactful player in preaseason yet "earned" only 11 minutes. He played good D IMO in the moments he was in, even on KL. Kid is pretty explosive on offense, but the staff appears to not be sold on him yet.

4. The defense tonight was honestly not all that good. It had its moments, but gave alot of easy looks in the paint. Tonight's loss not all on that, as PG13 got ridiculously hot at one point and changed the entire dynamic of the game.

In any event, I'm sure now we have to hear the blustering from Clipper fans. Putting that aside, I hope the staff figures stuff out with this squad better. And I really, REALLY hope there is much more to Gasol. I believed the hype in him and watched some of the tape, but goodness, watching him play now its vastly different. And yes, I know it's "early" but the point remains - hopefully it's just because "it's early" that we have yet to see the real Marc Gasol show up. Cuz right now, I have a tree in my backyard showing more activity.

p.s. Kudos to Harrell for a solid game. DS was not bad either but hopefully has a better shooting night, 5-15, ick.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Dennis and trez looked great, although Dennis didn’t shoot well.
AC and Kuz were meh...

Lebron was probably at 60-70%, AD probably 70-80%

We just needed more time off, so a few losses here and there doesn’t hurt much. This team is much more talented than last season with trez and Dennis. They just need more time to get to know each other.

PG was hot today, kawhi was good, so the clippers won. I am not sure PG can do this every game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

He can’t shut down PG by himself, if this was the playoffs, I think we would sent double teams already like what we did with harden. Clippers don’t have a lot of playmakers, they have good iso guys
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis and trez looked great, although Dennis didn’t shoot well.
AC and Kuz were meh...

Lebron was probably at 60-70%, AD probably 70-80%

We just needed more time off, so a few losses here and there doesn’t hurt much. This team is much more talented than last season with trez and Dennis. They just need more time to get to know each other.

PG was hot today, kawhi was good, so the clippers won. I am not sure PG can do this every game.

Plus LBJ did not return after the approximate 8 minute mark in the 4th...they pretty much were like "AD and rest, see if you can take this home". They were not balls in on this game from what I could see (clippers still had KL and Ibaka in with like 2 minutes left). And yep, Clippers just got hot.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He can’t shut down PG by himself, if this was the playoffs, I think we would sent double teams already like what we did with harden. Clippers don’t have a lot of playmakers, they have good iso guys

THT in the limited time on KL was actually pretty good. I think the kid has a shot at being a solid defender.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

THT in the limited time on KL was actually pretty good. I think the kid has a shot at being a solid defender.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

It's the beginning of the regular season, so I'm not going to overreact on a loss. The Lakers started out slow, and out of sorts. They began to pick up the energy, but remained out of sorts the entire game. Also, PG turned back the clock, into Pacers PG. Kudos.

There are a lot of new faces on the team, so chemistry on offense/defense will be a work in progress. Lots of ball hawking, slow/missed rotations... But, what really stood out to me was the stagnant offense to start the game. It looked like we were trying to play last years stagnant offense. I would like to see Schroder start off more aggressive, and not defer as much. Gasol is a liability on defense, and rebounding. That's a known. To make up for this, he has to be involved in your offense as well. Otherwise, why have him? Same thing happened to Kuz. Lots of guys were getting lost in the shuffle, trying to force the offense through LeBron, and AD. The coaching staff is going to have to make sure we're properly utilizing all our weapons.

Hoping to see growth as the season proceeds.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yeah, I can see him taking AC’s minute. Kuz has the size
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing game. Would have liked to see them play with a little more passion. It’s opening night, against a team that clearly disrespects you.

Yet one team showed up to win this season, one showed up to celebrate last season.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Clippers wanted this more from the jump. Simple as that. You get waxed in the 1st like that it’s hard to overcome.

There are some concerns with the defense, but will hold back judgment this soon
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
(bleep) Paul George. Game was close and then he scored 10 in a row to blow it wide open again.

He is a front runner. Not worried about him come playoff time.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Slow start but us in the end. When they want to turn it on they are tough to beat. Have to remember Clippers wanted this game. PG and KL played 35 minutes a pice while AD and Lebron played 29. Vogel messing with the rotations is what he does early in the year, which is why I think they looked funky. That will straighten out. Gasol looks slow on both ends idk what to think of him. It’s early so I think we should wait another 15-20 games before we decide what it is with him. Wes had a rough night on both ends, as did Kuz. Kuz is what he is, he will have about 2/3 bad games and 1/2 good games. THT they have to find minutes for him. Played pretty good both ways. This kid has something, just needs more Pt.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers looked like a new team out there. Definitely not the same team and I think it will take some time to gel. Lebron is not in shape, but he always starts slow. Not sure what is going on with AD tho. Didn’t like his energy or effort all night. Kuz is still Kuz... Caruso looked really bad out there. I think Gasol will become a situational big. Didn’t look good against Clippers small line-up.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
WTF. Kuzma can't guard PG at all.

And Wes can't guard Kawhi. When he matched up with him it was ugly.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

Relax guys, obviously our stars are in cruise control, don't overreact. Plus, guys need to time to gel. We have a bunch of new guys and need time to work on chemistry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: