Cyberpunk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Cyberpunk

If you have it, what do you have to say?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject:

I'm in the middle of a new PC build. Have the game but I haven't had the chance to play it. Reading the tech reviews, my 2070 Super might have issues with this @ 3440x1440. I'm still refreshing Best Buy a few times for a 3070 or 3080 before I head out to the shop. I finally switched to AMD for my desktop build and now am just waiting for a new card.

This didn't go according to plan and ole' JB is none too pleased.

As far as the game, I'm purposely avoiding reviews for this one.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'm still refreshing Best Buy a few times for a 3070 or 3080 before I head out to the shop.

Has this produced results for some people?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I'm still refreshing Best Buy a few times for a 3070 or 3080 before I head out to the shop.

They show up randomly on Best Buy. I've seen people mention on reddit that they scored one just being at the right place at the right time. I tried Microcenter as well since many people have gotten them when stock comes in (which obviously will sell out quickly). Kind of crazy at Micocenter the other day. Shelves in the build a pc section were half empty.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

They show up randomly on Best Buy. I've seen people mention on reddit that they scored one just being at the right place at the right time. I tried Microcenter as well since many people have gotten them when stock comes in (which obviously will sell out quickly). Kind of crazy at Micocenter the other day. Shelves in the build a pc section were half empty.

interesting

jb check this out

https://discord.gg/W438Vz2

discord for microcenter. Bunch of people in there who are in line. Lots of info

KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

I dont have the game yet but saw my cousin play it on PS5 and my brother in law on PC. It looks amazing but on PS4 its unacceptable with bugs and glitches. It's a monster of a game at over 100 GB so unfortunately since I dont have a PS5 yet or a gaming PC im just gonna wait till I get one. It's not worth playing on those consoles is the word as of this moment.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
I dont have the game yet but saw my cousin play it on PS5 and my brother in law on PC. It looks amazing but on PS4 its unacceptable with bugs and glitches. It's a monster of a game at over 100 GB so unfortunately since I dont have a PS5 yet or a gaming PC im just gonna wait till I get one. It's not worth playing on those consoles is the word as of this moment.

Older generation consoles may as well forget about it. My 2070 Super is huffing and puffing right now and it's several tiers above PS4 Pros/Xbox One X's.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

interesting

jb check this out

https://discord.gg/W438Vz2

discord for microcenter. Bunch of people in there who are in line. Lots of info

Oh nice. Hmm, some local sellers only price gouging a little. $570 Gigabyte 3070 selling for $700. After taxes, I'd be "only" paying $80 bucks to get it now (and I don't have to stand in line). Tough call.

Thanks for the Discord my dude, I joined a few of them but this one is by far the best!

On a side note, reviews on graphics cards really need to add 3440x1440p. It's pretty much the end game for sooooo many gamers but reviews just do 1080p, 2560x1440p and 4k.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:

Older generation consoles may as well forget about it. My 2070 Super is huffing and puffing right now and it's several tiers above PS4 Pros/Xbox One X's.

So it’s going to choke a ps4?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:

So it’s going to choke a ps4?

Not sure. The PS4 might have settings that are the equivalent of low or medium on PC. It's also 1080 which is significantly easier to drive so it might be good. Just don't expect the visuals to match what you've seen online.

At medium settings, I was running 50fps at 3440x1440 on my 2070s.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject:

re: microcenter tustin

-on some days they receive shipments , sometimes not, and there's no way to know

-people camped outside all night last night for rtx 3000s, amd 5800x/ryzen 9s, some lined up as early as 7pm. At 7:30am, an employee came out and told everyone there was no shipment this morning.

-the 3090 is not a high-demand item. if you wanted it, you can walk into the store in the late afternoon and pick one up

-sometimes the shipment for each high-demand item is 2, sometimes it's up to 30

-there has been more than one "mumbai toilet" incident outside of the store

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject:

On medium...knocking down Fog effects (basically anything Fog related) and Shadows down a tad has me up in the 60s-80s. Butter smooth. This isn't a twitch reaction FPS so the need for the crazy high fps' doesn't seem important to me.

Anyways, post hot patch, the game's been fantastic so far. Just had one minor graphics glitch 2 hours in. Graphics and feel of the game is pristine. Immersion factor is way up there. I sooo wish we can have something like this in virtual reality one day. I can't wait to see how this runs on a 3080.

*edit* - Turned DLSS on to Performance. I don't know what kind of voodoo magic it's doing but frames are up around 20 fps. I can't tell the difference visually in game when toggling it through its settings. Wow.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
On medium...knocking down Fog effects (basically anything Fog related) and Shadows down a tad has me up in the 60s-80s. Butter smooth. This isn't a twitch reaction FPS so the need for the crazy high fps' doesn't seem important to me.

Anyways, post hot patch, the game's been fantastic so far. Just had one minor graphics glitch 2 hours in. Graphics and feel of the game is pristine. Immersion factor is way up there. I sooo wish we can have something like this in virtual reality one day. I can't wait to see how this runs on a 3080.

*edit* - Turned DLSS on to Performance. I don't know what kind of voodoo magic it's doing but frames are up around 20 fps. I can't tell the difference visually in game when toggling it through its settings. Wow.

That sounds fan (bleep) tastic dude. I caved and bought the game on steam 3 hours ago but I can't even run it. Upon launch I get "whoa! cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined!" Tried every fix online, still nothing.

I have a 2011 i7 and a geforce 760.

Guess I'm going to have to spend $1000.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

That sounds fan (bleep) tastic dude. I caved and bought the game on steam 3 hours ago but I can't even run it. Upon launch I get "whoa! cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined!" Tried every fix online, still nothing.

If you're not in a hurry I'd probably sit tight for a bit. Holidays + quarantine and people are spazzing out with hardware. Not even worth the effort imo...plus you get the added bonus of CD Project Red progressively ironing out any issues.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

If you're not in a hurry I'd probably sit tight for a bit. Holidays + quarantine and people are spazzing out with hardware. Not even worth the effort imo...plus you get the added bonus of CD Project Red progressively ironing out any issues.

I figured as much. Luckily Valve issues refunds if you don't play more than 2 hours. Steam logs 1 minute every time you try to launch the game and it crashes...shady.

Tustin Micro got 95 3080 units this (saturday) morning. Lots of happy incels.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

It's been running great on my 3090. Game looks amazing on top end hardware.

Been playing at 3440x1440p.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

How does it compare to GTA IV/V?

eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

Been playing it on an amd Radeon RX 5700. Have to put it at 2560x1440 and at medium textures and low settings to get at 60fps and above. Could raise stuff slightly but that will dip below 60fps. So definitely not playing on anything high end. It looks fine.

I would consider the game good. Story is interesting after it gets going. Definitely not going to live up to the massive hype it had. I wouldn't consider it close to the level of the Witcher 3. Bugs aside from what I played it's a good game. Not anything revolutionary. Assassin's Creed probably delivers a better game every year.

The PS4/Xbox One players definitely got boned. Most people can't buy a PS5/Series X right now. CD projekt red never showed base PS4/Xbox one gameplay and only sent out PC codes to reviewers before release. Bunch of people were hyped to buy it on their PS4/Xbox and got a nearly unplayable 720p mess.

Edit: Also a warning about bugs. You better make sure you save often. I had to go back to an old save because I could no longer use any weapon anymore. No matter if I reloaded the game or restarted the game. I just had to back to a save I had before the glitch happened. Also there is an upgrade that restores health when you press RB. I had that upgrade for a while. It stopped working a while ago and I am too far along to go to an old save to fix it. RB just doesn't work anymore basically.

Definitely the type of game where if you can wait to play it then you should. Patches will be coming often over the next few months. Then there will be DLC after that and patches for that.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject:

per discord there were cards and ryzens yesterday and this morning. 10+ units each on both days.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
per discord there were cards and ryzens yesterday and this morning. 10+ units each on both days.

We'd need another big shipment to stand a chance. Employees there said it's a zoo when they open. Line around the building. I've been refraining from playing until I can land at least a 3070.

Do you know if the time of the shipment is random or is will they be there upon opening?

Someone on Craigslist had 3 various 3080s for sale. No idea how the jackass managed that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI6dpyehtec/

This mf'er. Yo you're a model, played Superman, star as Geralt and you still have to rub it in? Whatever, my cable management is a lot better so take that!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Game is fun, but I get a fatal crash like once a day on my PS5, and from what I’ve read about people’s experiences on non-Pro PS4s, I’m one of the lucky ones. I’ve gotten into the habit (like all RPG players do) of constantly saving so it’s more massively annoying than game breaking, but still not really acceptable. But better an annoyance than horrific performance to the point of unplayability, so yay.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

Technical issues aside, the game is completely underwhelming.

The world looks really great, and kind of reminds me of a mix between the Fifth Element and Blade Runner... but the open world sucks compared to GTA V or RDR2 (and a host of other games).

It's not really that immersive of a game.

You would expect that a game that took 7-8 years to develop would be like an onion. Spoiler: it ain't an onion.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

Looks good but sounds like corporate decided to send out a game that was not ready for prime time yet and let the users do the beta testing....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Looks good but sounds like corporate decided to send out a game that was not ready for prime time yet and let the users do the beta testing....

What a disaster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: